Among other issues, duping does exist still. What is WC doing about it?

Skiidzman

Found out last night that it is very possible, albeit - it happened by pure accident. I made a ticket on exactly how it happened, and sent it to Wildcard on the whim that maybe they would be interested.

I was a naysayer before, and didn't think it possible, but there it was.  This is a huge deal.  Did I exploit this?  No.  Could I have brought a level 320 rex and made 100 of them that night?  Yep.  I sure could have.  But I don't like cheaters, I don't like people who ruin the  game for everyone. And as much as I don't like bringing this up, it NEEDS to be discussed and have input from WC often until it is fixed.

I'm assuming this is rather common knowledge for any experienced ark players or larger tribes.  In general, I am a bit confused on what is happening in this game at this point. Ark is extremely fun, I love the game and give it tons of my time.  But whats going on with duping? Whats the fate of legacy servers where duping had originally destroyed them? If this game dies because of a lack of general care from this company then frankly they are making a huge financial mistake and might as well donate all their hard-earned money to have trust-funds for cats.  

Wc don't care, they left legacy to be a duping paradise instead of fixing it and wiping it, then they release the ultimate duping tool in a dlc and hide it behind a pay wall, so dupers have to buy the dlc. Now like six months after releasing the officials are just as bad as legacy, duped tek and dinos everywhere, you only needed one rock drake and crab to bring back an army of drakes and crabs to the island. Give it a few months when people get bored of the new map and there will be transmitters on every beach again. 

At this point they may as well wipe all official servers and start again, there are argys on my aberation server, but they will never wipe again as they will lose every player they have still playing. So best solution is do away with transfer timers as they don't work and only limit legit players and find a way to stop duping for good, or just declare it a feature and let the dupe wars commence. 

The problem is only made worse by massive tribes, so maybe wc should limit tribe size to 5 and no alliance  so at least when dupers turn up to your server there isnt 70 of them and you can actually fight back. 

12 hours ago, Skiidzman said:

I made a ticket on exactly how it happened, and sent it to Wildcard on the whim that maybe they would be interested.

That is exactly the correct course of action.  Thank you.

12 hours ago, Skiidzman said:

I was a naysayer before, and didn't think it possible, but there it was.

Duping is an ongoing war.  Someone will always be coming up with new way to dup or exploit other game mechanics (especially after a patch or update that changes mechanics), and game developers constantly come up with ways to try and block it (or at the very least detect it so that the individuals doing it can be banned).

13 hours ago, Skiidzman said:

Whats the fate of legacy servers where duping had originally destroyed them?

Legacy servers get the same updates as official, but other than that they have not been supported since the new official servers were opened.

13 hours ago, Skiidzman said:

If this game dies because of a lack of general care from this company then frankly they are making a huge financial mistake and might as well donate all their hard-earned money to have trust-funds for cats.  

Your concern is appreciated, however ARK doesn't appear to be in any danger of dying.  They are currently breaking their previous records for "average number of players online" and have had their 2nd highest "peak number of players online" over the last 30 days.  It appears the cats will have to continue fending for themselves for the foreseeable future.

4 hours ago, SmokeyB said:

At this point they may as well wipe all official servers and start again, there are argys on my aberation server, but they will never wipe again as they will lose every player they have still playing. So best solution is do away with transfer timers as they don't work and only limit legit players and find a way to stop duping for good, or just declare it a feature and let the dupe wars commence. 

The problem is only made worse by massive tribes, so maybe wc should limit tribe size to 5 and no alliance  so at least when dupers turn up to your server there isnt 70 of them and you can actually fight back. 

Smaller tribes would be a very good beginning. 5 is a bit low in my eyes tho, on notame we are limited to 10 and no allies and thats a good number id say. But the whole problem roots in the transfers. Without transfers tribes would not be so huge to begin with. Or if transfers were limited to only a few servers, aka cluster. Wouldnt solve the duping problems, but as you said, they wouldnt reach such an extent if tribes were smaller, plus smaller tribes are more fun. Other possibilities would be to just remove transfers as it seems like wildcard cant find a way to make them exploit/bug free, or to leave everything as it is and watch official pvp die.

This is kind of confusing though, if the timers are based on server saves, and the save occuring with the item in an inventory is what lets it be transfered, then by the logic of it , it really should be fixed. 

I'm guessing dupers figured out something with the last second, or using extremely laggy conditions. 

no matter though, they are working on this I'm sure. 

The key is that it is closer to being fixed completely. 

I vote that they make transfers only work if TWO saves have happened with items in your inventory.  That would also make server hop raiding a lot more challenging. :)

Crazy that it happened by accident though. 

7 hours ago, natman said:

Smaller tribes would be a very good beginning. 5 is a bit low in my eyes tho, on notame we are limited to 10 and no allies and thats a good number id say. But the whole problem roots in the transfers. Without transfers tribes would not be so huge to begin with. Or if transfers were limited to only a few servers, aka cluster. Wouldnt solve the duping problems, but as you said, they wouldnt reach such an extent if tribes were smaller, plus smaller tribes are more fun. Other possibilities would be to just remove transfers as it seems like wildcard cant find a way to make them exploit/bug free, or to leave everything as it is and watch official pvp die.

Without transfers pvp servers would slowly die. Once you were wiped it would be over, the tribe that wiped you would more than likely just keep their foot on your neck and never let you rebuild out of fear of revenge. 

Transfers allow people the chance to rebuild, trade, have wars, etc. If you are against transfers then maybe you don’t actually want pvp at all, or you only want it on your terms. 

15 hours ago, z0mbiebabykiller said:

Transfers allow people the chance to rebuild, trade, have wars, etc. If you are against transfers then maybe you don’t actually want pvp at all, or you only want it on your terms. 

Thats not what i tried to say. As i mentioned in other posts, there are some positive sides of the transfer mechanic. And i want to keep those, which is why i suggested the clusters as a compromise between keeping the status quo and removing transfers.

Archived