Safe Spots for Abberation

Bluesyfern445

There's one extremely safe spot where I started but since I'm at work right now I can't give you the exact Coords. Nothing carnivorous spawns there. Only passive herbivores. I'll do my best to lead you to the location.

If you spawn near the big lake up in the fertile zone, circle around it until you find (I think it's near the bottom right of the lake) a delta where a few little streams flow out of the lake into one small stream.

Follow that stream down the hill until it flows into a river (the main river that goes through the map). To the right will be crabs and spinos, go LEFT. After about 50 yards you're already getting into the safe zone. (The big river will eventually lead off a cliff Into the blue biome if you continue to follow it for awhile.)

Once you've gone left, go until you reach a swamp-like area. Don't be alarmed, it looks like a place sarcos and megapiranha would be. But in that little swamp spot nothing dangerous spawns at all. Just stegos, trikes, fish, and other passive creatures.

Hope this helps :)

2 hours ago, WolfBrink said:

There's one extremely safe spot where I started but since I'm at work right now I can't give you the exact Coords. Nothing carnivorous spawns there. Only passive herbivores. I'll do my best to lead you to the location.

If you spawn near the big lake up in the fertile zone, circle around it until you find (I think it's near the bottom right of the lake) a delta where a few little streams flow out of the lake into one small stream.

Follow that stream down the hill until it flows into a river (the main river that goes through the map). To the right will be crabs and spinos, go LEFT. After about 50 yards you're already getting into the safe zone. (The big river will eventually lead off a cliff Into the blue biome if you continue to follow it for awhile.)

Once you've gone left, go until you reach a swamp-like area. Don't be alarmed, it looks like a place sarcos and megapiranha would be. But in that little swamp spot nothing dangerous spawns at all. Just stegos, trikes, fish, and other passive creatures.

I am near this area and it is pretty safe. A few raptors here and there but nothing major. 

25 minutes ago, Novawiz00 said:

I am near this area and it is pretty safe. A few raptors here and there but nothing major. 

As long as you build on the riverbank in the swamp area, there isn't any raptors. Only if you start going up the hills, or follow the river in either direction out of the "swamp" a little bit you get into some raptors. Stay in the area that contains the "swamp trees", build against the mountain, and it's safe as can be. :)

Just to note, this is also near the cave where the northeast obelisk is (you see grey veins with blue light right above the cave entrance from a distance).       Fair warning, if you build too near the cliffs, stuff can "fall down" to you, but as long as you look up and make sure there's no ledges high above it's pretty safe, as others have said, raptors are about all that spawn here.

15 hours ago, Migol said:

Just to note, this is also near the cave where the northeast obelisk is (you see grey veins with blue light right above the cave entrance from a distance).       Fair warning, if you build too near the cliffs, stuff can "fall down" to you, but as long as you look up and make sure there's no ledges high above it's pretty safe, as others have said, raptors are about all that spawn here.

I have this problem. I just leave 2 high level carnos and a spino on neutral. 

Our first base was at 41lat/41 long and it was very safe, just far enough away from the water to avoid crabs, spinos and sarcos. It was also pretty well covered above so not many dinos fell down and it had a gas vein and redwood trees nearby, and 3 large rich metal rocks. It was a great place to get started but we quickly got bored and moved to the biolum

On 1/17/2018 at 12:19 PM, WolfBrink said:

On 1/19/2018 at 5:10 AM, SmokeyB said:

Tame something better than a horse and most of the map is pretty safe. 

Tame a few Ravengers, or a spino and you will be fine 

Thanks!

On 1/19/2018 at 1:15 PM, Jabnlab said:

Our first base was at 41lat/41 long and it was very safe, just far enough away from the water to avoid crabs, spinos and sarcos. It was also pretty well covered above so not many dinos fell down and it had a gas vein and redwood trees nearby, and 3 large rich metal rocks. It was a great place to get started but we quickly got bored and moved to the biolum

Thanks!

Archived