Rare flower farming on Scorched Earth

Goha

I recently started playing ARK again, this time I started on SE.

Last weekend I managed to tame a Giant bee queen, so now I need Rare Flowers to keep the hive healthy. I got some while gathering berries with Morellatops, but in very low quantity.

So I went to a Raganrok server and tamed a low lvl Therizinosaur. With its 'tickle' attack (right click on PC) I was able to gather more Rare flowers from the purple flowers scattered around my base, but not nearly as much as I remembered when I did it in the swamp on Island server. I gathhered maybe 150 in 30-40 min, which is not that bad, but there has to be a better way to do this.

Any advice?

• 3 weeks later...

I thoguht I give you an update on this.

I went with the Theriz on a flower-picking advenutre a couple of times, harvesting the flower patches to the way to the Blue obelisk and back to the base. I brought my trusty Rex with me as a bodyguard. It was OK, but a bit time consuming.

Nowadays I just set the Theriz wandering around the base (it's surronded by walls, so he's relatively safe). He collects 1-2 stack of Rare Flower and Rare Mushroom, tons of Plant Species Y seeds, some wood and thatch, before I need to unload his inventory.

It's not as fast as if I would control him manually, but it's automatic, just need to remember to empty the inventory form time to time.

• 1 month later...
Just now, MirageUK said:

Never even considered the Moschops - only ever used in Aberration to collect org poly from Karkinos after we killed em and they were a nightmare to use with their "skittish" behaviour when anything remotely threatening is nearby. I will give them a go another night - breeding up my vulture pack at the moment.

They can also be specialized to collect sap from the Joshua Trees ;)  You won't notice any significant harvesting from them though until you put 45+ levels into the resource.  Once upped, they're pretty amazing at gathering.

Archived