pve official Looking for some advice for the Ragnarok Arena

Stevensb21

My tribe is planning on doing some medium Ragnarok arena runs sometime this weekend we plan on running 7-10 players with +250% ARs 1 Yuti, 1 pig and 18 Rexes. 

Our Rex stats are 15k health 600-800% melee because iv heard a few people say putting points into health is useless because the dragon burn is % based.

Does the stats on a Yuti and pig matter at all, or just tamed 140+ will be fine?

Are there any players experienced with the fight able to give me some advice and a rough idea of the Rex stats that i should be aiming for to do beta and probably even alpha later down the track

Health is somewhat important for the Daedon/Yuty, as while the fire breath does mostly %based damage, it also deals a good chunk of direct damage. I think Beta difficulty is 1k direct damage from fire breath or something.

For the pig, a decent amount of health, and a poop-ton of food.

For the Yuty, you want a decent amount of health, and then everything in Stamina. Note that you can use him to debuff the various adds that spawn that you have to take care of - 25% less damage may not be too much, but its a couple thousand less damage taken from the Dimorphs and Pteras and poop over the fight.

For the Dragon specifically, melee damage trumps health. You only have limited amounts of time to damage it before it flies up again. Its breath does %based damage, so large amounts of health will actually hurt you, as your pig can't  keep up the healing if you have 30k health rexes, since they will lose like 600 health per second of the fire breath, whereas a 15k health only loses 300 health a second. So yea, melee, melee, melee.

A perfect setup would be just the breeding amount of health, a poopting good saddle (120 armor), and as much melee as you can get on them. Finish the fight quickly, before fire damage kills your Rexes.

The Manticore is basically a speed bump, and should generally die once it lands. Its all about the Dragon, so prepare like you would for the Island Dragon fight. Main thing is the Rock Golems coming out a few minutes in, they are a decent threat, and should generally be kited around.

On 1/18/2018 at 5:14 PM, Frogspoison said:

Health is somewhat important for the Daedon/Yuty, as while the fire breath does mostly %based damage, it also deals a good chunk of direct damage. I think Beta difficulty is 1k direct damage from fire breath or something.

For the pig, a decent amount of health, and a poop-ton of food.

For the Yuty, you want a decent amount of health, and then everything in Stamina. Note that you can use him to debuff the various adds that spawn that you have to take care of - 25% less damage may not be too much, but its a couple thousand less damage taken from the Dimorphs and Pteras and poop over the fight.

For the Dragon specifically, melee damage trumps health. You only have limited amounts of time to damage it before it flies up again. Its breath does %based damage, so large amounts of health will actually hurt you, as your pig can't  keep up the healing if you have 30k health rexes, since they will lose like 600 health per second of the fire breath, whereas a 15k health only loses 300 health a second. So yea, melee, melee, melee.

A perfect setup would be just the breeding amount of health, a poopting good saddle (120 armor), and as much melee as you can get on them. Finish the fight quickly, before fire damage kills your Rexes.

The Manticore is basically a speed bump, and should generally die once it lands. Its all about the Dragon, so prepare like you would for the Island Dragon fight. Main thing is the Rock Golems coming out a few minutes in, they are a decent threat, and should generally be kited around.

Fantastic post.  First time I attempted this fight I came out the other side in horrible shape.  16 rex's and 4 pigs, and only 2 rex's left standing on the other side to restart the breeding cycle with.  Since then we've streamlined it quite a bit.  The high health on the Rex's truly did kill us.  The pigs taken out one at a time were empty on food trying to keep up.  Our Rex's did not do the damage they could have.  Lesson well learned.  Once the dragon fell it's body pinned in the rex's for a bit which let the rock golems beat the tar and spit out of us.  I ended up having 3 rex's cut out from under me.  One of my tribe mates ended up getting the killing blow on the manticore with a shotgun.  We didn't even find element from that battle.  

Now we use Rex's bred right at 600 melee and pumped higher.  12K health at breeding.  Bringing a stam yuti is a good call as well.  We found an ascendant Rex saddle bloop in the ice cave.  Expensive as crap to make each one but it's well worth it.  If a rex happens to get unlucky and falls now in the arena one of us will run like mad to get that saddle back.  

Spending the time breeding a better strain of rex's and spending the additional time leveling them makes all the difference in the world.  Our rex's are coming out between level 260 to 280 at birth.  Any that do not mutate up to replace the breeders are simply used as canon fodder for the bosses.  

Another thing that makes a difference is how much food your pigs have available in the reserve.  We had a base 40K food at birth and pump the living crap out of it.  We have a dozen iguanadon's laying eggs like crazy for kibble for the boss battles.  Kibble replaces a higher amount of food per bite then meat does.  I've heard both the pro's and con's of using kibble for this purpose and to each their own, I personally like it but that's up to each person to choose.  The only downside is the amount of magic mushrooms you need for the kibble.  

It's all a work in progress but it's really fun seeing all the progress being made.  I'm having a blast.

Archived