Recommended maturation speed?

Gogohorse

Well... if you go by the breeding times on the wiki, the longest breeding time is for the Giga and Tuso:

Baby stage: 28h 4m
Juvenile stage: 112h 15m
Adolescent stage: 140h 18m
---------------------------------------------------
Total: 28 + 112 + 140 = 280h and 4 + 15 + 18 = 38 mins, so 280h 38m

280h 38m is 16 838minutes.

If you don't want the maturation time to ever pass 4 hrs, you have 240 minutes. 16 838/240 = 70,16 which means: if you want a maximum maturation time of 4 hours for any dino, you need a rate of 70.

If you play on single player, though, the rates are already higher:

BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=36.799000

So you already have a BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier of 36.799 that will be multiplied with whatever setting you choose. So, if you have the single player setting set to true:

bUseSingleplayerSettings=True

You only need to set your BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier to 2 and the dino that takes the longest to mature (gigas and tusos) will grow up in less than 4 hours.

Unfortunately, I don't know what you should set the BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier to in order to have possible 100% imprints - that setting is black magic to me...

46 minutes ago, Kimsie said:

Unfortunately, I don't know what you should set the BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier to in order to have possible 100% imprints - that setting is black magic to me...

I used to use the equation 1/maturation speed = babycuddleintervalmultiplier. On my timers it was a bit hit or miss to get 100% but I suppose you could reduce the timers to guarantee it. But then they changed the imprint timers on official (4hrs to 8hrs) and I am not too sure now, but I halfed the timers for me and seems fine now.

So on a 100x maturation speed. Would have been 1/100 = 0.01. With the new timers it would be 0.005. I am assuming this would still work with single player settings.

1 hour ago, Kimsie said:

Well... if you go by the breeding times on the wiki, the longest breeding time is for the Giga and Tuso:

Baby stage: 28h 4m
Juvenile stage: 112h 15m
Adolescent stage: 140h 18m
---------------------------------------------------
Total: 28 + 112 + 140 = 280h and 4 + 15 + 18 = 38 mins, so 280h 38m

280h 38m is 16 838minutes.

If you don't want the maturation time to ever pass 4 hrs, you have 240 minutes. 16 838/240 = 70,16 which means: if you want a maximum maturation time of 4 hours for any dino, you need a rate of 70.

If you play on single player, though, the rates are already higher:

BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=36.799000

So you already have a BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier of 36.799 that will be multiplied with whatever setting you choose. So, if you have the single player setting set to true:

bUseSingleplayerSettings=True

You only need to set your BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier to 2 and the dino that takes the longest to mature (gigas and tusos) will grow up in less than 4 hours.

Ok, I’ll trifle around with the single player settings and see how well those do for me.

37 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

I used to use the equation 1/maturation speed = babycuddleintervalmultiplier. On my timers it was a bit hit or miss to get 100% but I suppose you could reduce the timers to guarantee it. But then they changed the imprint timers on official (4hrs to 8hrs) and I am not too sure now, but I halfed the timers for me and seems fine now.

So on a 100x maturation speed. Would have been 1/100 = 0.01. With the new timers it would be 0.005. I am assuming this would still work with single player settings.

Yes, that might work. I'm on single player settings and 3x maturation, but I used an excel sheet someone made to find a value that worked for me. The thing is - single player setting also sets

BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier=0.167000

So when taking that into account, I got the value 0.21 for BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier. Which, after the change, I set to 0.1 but I haven't tested that out to see if it's still working.

Guest DJRone89
10 minutes ago, Gogohorse said:

Is there a admin command for making babies grow?

Can’t remember that one but I use the following in my server shop in exchange for a couple of the kibble required to tame that creature (or jerky for non kibble tames):

Cheat SetImprintQuality 1

No matter the current imprint percentage, it will total it up to 100%.

20 minutes ago, Gogohorse said:

Is there a admin command for making babies grow?

4 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

Can’t remember that one but I use the following in my server shop in exchange for a couple of the kibble required to tame that creature (or jerky for non kibble tames):

Cheat SetImprintQuality 1

No matter the current imprint percentage, it will total it up to 100%.

Admincheat setbabyage 1.

Can vary between 0.01 and 1 according to wiki

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Console_Commands

Archived