Getting Your Crabs Stuck

TheEmhan

So, how many crabs have you gotten stuck on the unbreakable rock formations of the map?

Maybe it's just unfortunate luck, but due to hopping around and not very well thought out rock formations on the map, I've gotten two crabs permanently stuck in the falling animation -.- One in the Rock Drake's nest and one in the luminescent biome.

The one in the bio lum part of the map I can probably get out with an elevator. Just a theory. But it's easier just to tame another crab than to even bother trying.

It's getting a little annoying though -.- Have you got any crabs stuck yet?

Watch where you go and jump, especially in the biolum and red zone. I would never take a crab down to the drake trench.

Couple weeks ago I got my precious black high lvl crab Krusty Krab stuck. Ran off a cliff with it and got stuck between 3 indestructible rocks with the crab in falling animation. A server rollback saved it. 

If you google for solutions then you should find many suggestions. Like building a platform under it or knocking it unconscious.

1 hour ago, AdligerAdler said:

Watch where you go and jump, especially in the biolum and red zone. I would never take a crab down to the drake trench.

Couple weeks ago I got my precious black high lvl crab Krusty Krab stuck. Ran off a cliff with it and got stuck between 3 indestructible rocks with the crab in falling animation. A server rollback saved it. 

If you google for solutions then you should find many suggestions. Like building a platform under it or knocking it unconscious.

One of those few occasions where you're thankful for a server rollback ??

I didn't even think of that. I'll have to Google other possibilities. I was thinking I could build a elevator and bring the platform up under it, but maybe there's an easier option. Thanks!

I didn't think it was possible to build anything down that deep. I ended up having to request a temporary cheat to "Ghost" through the objects to get free.  I've noticed that if you hop off the stuck mounts and whistle them to follow, they often path find a bit differently and might free up if you're lucky.

14 minutes ago, TheEmhan said:

One of those few occasions where you're thankful for a server rollback ??

I didn't even think of that. I'll have to Google other possibilities. I was thinking I could build a elevator and bring the platform up under it, but maybe there's an easier option. Thanks!

You can "try" using a diplo tail swing, using a paracer with ramp built onto it to try and wedge in, or feed the dino narcotics or tranq arrow it and it might wiggle it's way out.

32 minutes ago, SuperDave22 said:

I didn't think it was possible to build anything down that deep. I ended up having to request a temporary cheat to "Ghost" through the objects to get free.  I've noticed that if you hop off the stuck mounts and whistle them to follow, they often path find a bit differently and might free up if you're lucky.

Not in the Room Drake den, no. But I can build in the bio lum zone.

Yeah, I tried the whistle follow, to no avail.

29 minutes ago, Todgins said:

You can "try" using a diplo tail swing, using a paracer with ramp built onto it to try and wedge in, or feed the dino narcotics or tranq arrow it and it might wiggle it's way out.

Do tamed Diplo tail swings affect tamed dinos, or would it have to be wild?

I'm definitely going to try narcotics when I get on tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestions.

5 minutes ago, TheEmhan said:

Do tamed Diplo tail swings affect tamed dinos, or would it have to be wild?

I'm definitely going to try narcotics when I get on tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestions.

Wild I believe, or you can "war" a friendly tribe and have them diplo smack it, then end the war - If you have a friendly clan you trust who are willing.

44 minutes ago, Todgins said:

Wild I believe, or you can "war" a friendly tribe and have them diplo smack it, then end the war - If you have a friendly clan you trust who are willing.

8 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

Worst case scenario, put your crab on neutral, unclaim it, and then swing at it.

Ooh, the joys of Ark bugs and all the hoops we must jump though at times ?

lol buddy got his Reaper stuck in the vertebrae of the skeleton last night.  He couldn't get it out and I went down there with 800ish narcs...and KO'd it.  While it was unconcious, I was able to push it out with the rock drake where it would pop back up on the rib.  After it came to (they drop torpor insanely fast) I was able to jump it off.  A minute or so later, fighting a rock drake, it pushed me and my rock drake under the map...

I was able to get the reaper though...

I've gotten my crab stuck in the blue a couple times on those unbreakable rocks. The first time I got it out by leading a titanboa to it and hoping that the bite would have some knockback to push me out, while also pressing R3 (throw button) constantly.

The second time I almost got it killed because nameless spawned on it and a reaper king but once I whistled it to attack a nearby dung beetle, it just walked on out of the crack it was stuck in. 

• 5 months later...

Archived