Happalula

greetings folks!

does anyone by chance know the reason, why the very endgame-armour doesnt protect you against either radiation or the mushroom spores and the like?

i mean, the hazard gear obviously has its uses, but shouldnt the final and best armour be usable? to me the only really useful things of the TEK tier are generator, gates, replicator and transmitter....

do we really need the fourth dlc to make use of the endgame content?

1 hour ago, Happalula said:

greetings folks!

does anyone by chance know the reason, why the very endgame-armour doesnt protect you against either radiation or the mushroom spores and the like?

i mean, the hazard gear obviously has its uses, but shouldnt the final and best armour be usable? to me the only really useful things of the TEK tier are generator, gates, replicator and transmitter....

do we really need the fourth dlc to make use of the endgame content?

it is pretty sad the uselessness of tek

I have a feeling they wont make it rad-proof...

For a long while now they didnt act like gasmasks (resistance to swamp cave, poison wyvs). Wasnt changed.

Now the tek forcefield, a much higher maintenance item has been specifically designed to block rads. So they did consider tek with radiation, and it appears they judged armor not worthy of the resistance, so its not an oversight.

If they made it drain element from every piece, Id still make a second set right now and wear it. 

Ifyou desperately need tek in rad areas, for now you can purposefully get hit by a lamprey to get 600s of rad immunity.

3 minutes ago, Jtmorris said:

Oh, really? That's interesting because I recently read an explorer note that talked about the pink river of death and not being able to go in it without a certain armor. I assumed that was Tek. I''ll have to look up the note and see if I read that wrong. Perhaps it's supposed to and it's a bug.

If its the same stuff as in the tek cave, it should recharge tek armor when you swim in it. The problem is you also die of radiation at the same time.

Ive seen on a different thread that it still damages the armor, though.

Oh found it. It's Mei Yin Note #23: (Possible spoiler?)

Spoiler
I must move quickly. The tribe sent a party into the depths of the caverns, where rivers of violet fire flow freely and nothing grows. They sought something important, something that could help the whole village, but they have not returned.

There is no response when we call for them through our messenger boxes. The other villagers fear them lost to the terrible demons that lurk there. I refuse to believe that. Juzi is with them.

I have equipped Ao Yue with armor and weapons like my own, and donned armor that will protect me from the violet fire. Whatever beasts or demons lie in our path, we will destroy them utterly, and bring Juzi's team back.

for me, the best armour right now is the primitive hazard, straight from the fabricator....

as the cost for higher quality blueprints is somewhat exponentially, and they still loose quality at the same speed, its just not worth it going for anything other than the primitive version imho.

i seriously doubt this is what was originally intended, that the glorious TEK ARMOUR gets beaten by primitive sets w/o a second thought...

Archived