Official Rate Increase

z0mbiebabykiller

8 minutes ago, z0mbiebabykiller said:

I thought I remembered seeing somewhere about an increase on official rates to match the 2x weekend events and make new events essentially 3x. Has this gone into effect on other systems, pc or Xbox? Maybe I just dreamed it all. Would be nice tho, gathering is poop during the week.

That was done some time ago.  The current "normal" rate is 2X what it originally was.

That was done some time ago.  The current "normal" rate is 2X what it originally was.
This is indeed true. Unfortunately as far as Xbox goes, (idk if there was something prior when it was just on PC) the maturing has never been increased. Would love to see a .5 increase. Not a full 1, just a .5 would be enough I think to balance the time better on things. Imo ofcourse.

Guest DJRone89
2 minutes ago, anubis3691 said:
18 minutes ago, Ranger1 said:

This is indeed true. Unfortunately as far as Xbox goes, (idk if there was something prior when it was just on PC) the maturing has never been increased. Would love to see a .5 increase. Not a full 1, just a .5 would be enough I think to balance the time better on things. Imo ofcourse.

The only rates that received the increase was XP, harvest, and taming. Everything else remained the same, and that was across all platforms.

Just an observation, but historically any time there was an event going on (to test whether rates were increased or not) you could pick up a stone off the ground and you would get 2 on 2x rates. However if the rates were increased permanently to 2x you still only get 1 stone. So maybe it wasn't a full 1x increase?

Guest DJRone89
13 minutes ago, xDarKStaRx616 said:

Just an observation, but historically any time there was an event going on (to test whether rates were increased or not) you could pick up a stone off the ground and you would get 2 on 2x rates. However if the rates were increased permanently to 2x you still only get 1 stone. So maybe it wasn't a full 1x increase?

That’s because the pick up rate for stones was reduced so you only ever gathered 1.

3 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

That’s because the pick up rate for stones was reduced so you only ever gathered 1.

Yeah, apparently it bothered them that visually you would pick up one rock but receive 2 in your inventory.  It was such a specific situation (usually early game beach gathering) that they felt it was fine to leave hand gathering stones at 1.

Guest DJRone89
2 minutes ago, Brayn said:

slight correction, they reduced the food consumption rate on babies to 1/3.

Not really because a reduction isn’t an increase, so what you’re talking about is an entirely different topic. That’s if we are going to get technical ;)

I think TC is talking about another rate increase from the one we had a while back. The rumor has been going around in the servers as well because apparently a DEV mentioned it in a live twitch stream a few days ago or something. 2x being the new norm, and the current 3x being the new 2x.

I personally can't say because I've only heard the rumors. All I know if if they do any rate increase I want to see .5x added to breeding.

Guest DJRone89
9 minutes ago, WolfBrink said:

I think TC is talking about another rate increase from the one we had a while back. The rumor has been going around in the servers as well because apparently a DEV mentioned it in a live twitch stream a few days ago or something. 2x being the new norm, and the current 3x being the new 2x.

I personally can't say because I've only heard the rumors. All I know if if they do any rate increase I want to see .5x added to breeding.

Be catching unofficials at that rate.

Archived