• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Larkator is now updated!

Thanks to community contributions this update has been much easier to put together.

Larkator should auto-update, or you can install from https://github.com/coldino/Larkator/releases/latest.

New Features

• New supported maps: Genesis, Valguero & Crystal Isles (thanks to Rottenbeer for Valguero and m-soltys for Crystal Isles)
  • Partial species name matches - have an "Alpha" search! (thanks jamckee)
  • New option to change which stats are displayed (thanks jamckee)
  • New option to hide untameable creatures (thanks jamckee)

Most old maps have been updated and re-calibrated, and there are many other small changes to improve the app.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

+1 for requesting Gen2 support. It's getting old losing otters cause I'm flying around when my server comes down for a patch. Can never find the otters after reconnecting, I think they get stuck mid-air somewhere and don't actually fall to the ground. :( I'm surprised S+'s Transmitter or some other scanner structure doesn't have an option to track tames in-game. I can get coordinates for every wild dino on the map, but not the ones I own.

The existing tool sees my otters in the save file, but the map shown is The Island. I thought maybe the coordinates would still be good, but no joy. I'm guessing each map has a different coordinate offset or something, cause other tames on the map that I know the location of were not accurate either.

• 1 month later...

Nevermind, I found what I think might help me in coldino's Jan 14, 2019 post.

Hello! Thank you so much for this app. I've been using it for quite awhile and it's been a life saver when trying to find high level dimorphodons for breeding.

Where does Larkator install to?

Backstory - I play on two different servers. On one of them the max wild dino level is 36, on the other it is 120. When I switch between servers it takes quite a bit of time to change all the search levels in Larkator. I'm hoping to find the saved settings file(s) for Larkator and swap them out when I swap servers.

Thank you!

• 1 month later...
Spoiler

Hey...soo..I just made an account to ask @coldinoto please update the for Gen2 and maybe be on the lookout for the next map as well. Me and my friends are playing on the Epic Games client, and we got the end of the stick badly over here. No mods whatsoever..  Larkator made it worthwile playing Ark and not chase like cretins for hours and hours in order to find worthwile dinos. What is worse in the space 3d zone of Gen2. There are currently 3 voidwyrms spawned on the map..and it's a bitch to look around for them like crazy, only to see they are trash level. Achatinas also. My eyes hurt from using the stupid pulse light on the tek helmet to spot them. PLEASE PLEASE update larkator to Gen2 and Lost Island when it comes up. It's the only feasible way to locate certain dinos on Epic Games. 

Lost Island support is now released!

With the significant disagreement between the in-game map and GPS for this DLC I've chose to match in-world locations rather than matching the handheld map in-game. This should show you exactly where the creatures actually are, but won't precisely match what you see on the handheld map in-game.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2022 at 10:24 AM, AxenErkejetter said:

@coldino, Can you update Larkator to the final Fjordur map please? Take a last tour-de-force for the final map of Ark :D

Thank you!

Whoops, forgot to update this post! Fjordur support has been included for a few days :D

Unfortunately there will be no special support for the different realm map - at least not for now.

Archived