[Tool] Larkator standalone dino locator

coldino

Hi Coldino, I noticed that for almost every species I have several level 0 wild dinos displayed by Larkator. But in fact, in game they are level 1. Is it normal ?

I play an absolute vanilla game, no mods at all. It's in singleplayer mode, with no tweaks at all (like for exemple preventhibernation), if that matters.

Again, thank you for this awesome tool ! I advertise it as much as possible in forums. ?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Coldino,

This is an awesome tool, thank you for it!

I'm changing machines, and would love to know what file to copy to save all the things I set up to search for. I tried the json file in Users->[username]->AppData->Local->Larkator, but that did not seem to do the trick. Is there somewhere else I should be looking to find the right information? I don't see anything relating to Larkator in the Temp directory under Local, but perhaps I do not know what I'm looking for.

Thank you either way!

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 4:33 PM, Wispfox said:

I'm changing machines, and would love to know what file to copy to save all the things I set up to search for...

Unfortunately this isn't as nice as it should be. Microsoft's setting system loves to complicate things.

Under %LocalAppData%\Apps\2.0\Data you'll find some oddly named directories, and under there you'll find one starting lark - try looking in there for user.config.

Example:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\Data\KB4AQ8KP.BHR\6DY3X5LK.3YT\lark..tion_0000000000000000_0001.0009_81ea9061220815d0\Data\1.0.0.0\user.config

Sorry if this was delayed, but I don't check this site often. 

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, drew1928 said:

Hi coldino, so I am trying to find megalosaurus but I dont see the option to search for them in Larkator, are they not available in the program? or is that what happens if there are none on the map?

Exactly that - the list of species is a list of species found on that map. If it's not there, it hasn't spawned yet.

Cave spawning is a little odd in Ark. Pretty sure you need to be in the area to see any spawns for a particular cave.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 12:50 AM, BloodHunter said:

Hi there. Been using this app for awhile and I love it. I've been messing around in singleplayer and I have a save in every map and play each map at least once a week and I'm wondering if there is an easy way to change the map on the larkator or just uninstall it and reinstall it?

There's a config button in the bottom-right that lets you change which Ark you are pointing at.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 11:48 AM, mikeybroady said:

Is there a way to make to map the Crystal Isles map? Creatures are being found but they arent at the right coords because the maps are different. Tia

I haven't looked at doing that yet. First and foremost I would need to find a usable map image...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 6/21/2019 at 5:04 AM, Elgar said:

Hi Coldino, do you plan to update Larkator with the map of the new official DLC, Valguero ? That would be great ! Or is there a way to do it myself ? Thank you !

I would like to second this plz. Yours is the only one that I been able to get to run. Thank you very much.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys  / @coldino

As part of work on my own tool I have been able to amend the underlying toolkits that Larkator and other tools use so that they are now able to read in cryopod creature data.

The updated toolkit source code is available on Github @ https://github.com/Miragesoftware/ArkSavegameToolkit

Feel free to grab a copy and update your own tools as appropriate.

... also - if you guys are interested in my work please check out the forum post: 

Cheers

MirageUK

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Coldino,

I find your tool essential to playing Ark on my server. Thank you so much for the work you've done on it. I came by to check if there's any hope for an update to add the new DLC map, Crystal Isles to the list of supported maps? When I tried using the tool as is, with Crystal Isles, I'm getting errors with the coordinates and map graphic.

Thank you once again for maintaining this wonderful aid.

Archived