[Tool] Larkator standalone dino locator

coldino

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, coldino said:

Sorry, but it's listing everything it finds in the save file. You might need to travel around and do some clearing out in order to encourage new spawns.

ok I'll try, otherwise I'll just make a wild dino wipe. Let me know when you have the chance to see what happened. I'd like to have back the chase and the dangers :)

8 hours ago, Elgar said:

Hi Coldino, since ark-tools simply converts what's in the save file, I guess we can assume that Larkator will correctly detect and display the new Tek Rex ? (which is a permanent core addition to the game, as officially confirmed by devs.)

Yes, this seems to work as expected.  I haven't seen one wild in the list yet, but spawned/tamed ones work.

• 2 weeks later...

My larkator stop working. I get this error when starting:

---------------------------
Whoops...
Sorry, something bad happened and the application must exit.

If you wish to report this issue please press Ctrl-C now to copy the details and

paste it into a new issue along with a description of what was happening

at: https://github.com/coldino/Larkator/issues

Thanks!

Exception:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

File name: 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed'

at LarkatorGUI.MainWindow.LoadCalibrations()

at LarkatorGUI.MainWindow..ctor()

at LarkatorGUI.Welcome.SwitchToMainWindow()

at LarkatorGUI.Welcome.LetsGoButton_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)

at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()

at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()

at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)

at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)

at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)

at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)

at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)

at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)

at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)

at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)

at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()

at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)

at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)

at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)

at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)

at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)

at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)

at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)

at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)

at LarkatorGUI.App.Main()

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.

Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.

To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

OK   

• 4 weeks later...

OP, you are the MAN! I've been looking for a tool like this that didn't need to be on the server. This let's me keep an eye on my server easily and clean up lost tames. Thank you so much! Just curious, is there also a tool like this that can read the tribe files? Man, this is great! I have so little free time to actually play that knowing where a potential tame is generally located saves me hours of flying/looking/frustration. You just increased my enjoyment of Ark by a magnitude.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 12:58 PM, MatchooW said:

Sorry if I'm being dumb, but the installer asks to locate the ark-tools.exe file, but the latest zip doesn't supply one. What am I missing?

I've never bundled ark-tools.exe as it's a 3rd-party program. But, there's a link to Ark Tool's forum post right beside where it asks you to locate the exe...

• 3 weeks later...

I just installed this and received the same error jjchuckles received.  I went to the other thread and downloaded the ark-tools and json files from that link.  I'm still getting this error.  Any ideas?

ark.PNG

When I create the ark-toolsl4j.ini with only -Xmx4g, -preventhibernation together or separate I get a quick return of....

image.thumb.png.0b5ed3659ede2f54c09898fa25db4543.png

======= RESOLVED =======

If you experienced this issue, this is how I resolved it on my PC.  I had to jump around several threads.  

1) Removed Java 171 and installed Java 8 v181

WORKS WONDERFULLY!!!

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 3:06 PM, MatchooW said:

Nah, that's not what I meant. The latest ark tools release didn't have the .exe. They removed it.

As far as I can tell, ark-tools has (unfortunately) not been updated in a year:

https://github.com/Qowyn/ark-tools/releases

Make sure you are getting ark-tools.zip, not the source code. Specifically, you need:

https://github.com/Qowyn/ark-tools/releases/download/v0.6.4/ark-tools.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

the problem where I become unable to select shopping list/worries is replicating over all computers where I use larkator, without any way to be able to revert the program to normal after this happens. This always happened after I started switching the map with larkator. New installation that have never read more than 1 different map never got this problem. It would be therefore nice to:

1)Add a button to completely delete all files created by larkator, to completely reset it

2)Add 5 tabs to be able to have 5 different maps open at once, one for each map (island/center/scorchered/aberration/ragnarok)

3)Add vyvern and rock drake eggs to the list of dino

• 2 weeks later...

great tool, thank you, I found multiple bugs

-when you go to tamed and click a dino, then you go back to the hunt, sometimes  it screws up the hunt list and overwrites it with tamed list, could you please add a list save/load feature because I'm tired of recreating the list over and over again (already did +10 times)

-it doesn't seem able to refresh the save after initial loading, it still shows the newest tames when I restart the tool with my old saves, apparently I have to wipe the temp folder manually, could you please add a button to refresh the lists?

-can't filter min/max level nevermind figured out you need to use mouse wheel

*edit

and what's with the weird installer? can you make a normal portable package please? and where are the exe and settings stored?

I tried posting on the GitHub but few people post there and nobody has responded to post in some time.  I don't know if they are still supporting Larkator.  Anyways, hopefully someone savvy can help me with this.  I have (2) issues.  Other than that, great little app. 

(1) Something continues to happen where the Groups I created disappear.  I use the default Shopping List and have created a few others to make things easier for me.  I don't know what causes it but every now and then I launch it and the groups are gone and boy is it a pain to manually recreate them.  

Question: Does anyone know where the Groups (Under the Hunt section))containing the Character, Sex, Min, & Max as well as what determines what is shown under the Hunt. are stored so I can manually back it up. I've searched the Ark Tools folder as well as the Documents & \AppData\Local folder.  I can't find it. 

(2) This one I can live with but a solution would be nice.  I've added quite a few mods that add additional dinos.  Many share similar names which are usually differentiated at the end of the name.  For example,  Whyvern_Character_BP_Brute_C & Wyvern_Character_BP_Water_C.  Since Larkater has fixed screen size, and even reducing to the minimum 11 size font, I can't tell which is which.  While putting this post together, I came across a possible solution.  Under \AppData\Local, I found a file called classes.json in both Tamed and the Wild folder.  It appears to allow me to rename the long names to a more unique name.  For example, I could rename allo_character, allowjp, allownew, etc to Allo-Vanilla, Allo-JP and so on.  I tested with one dino and it seems to work.  It changed Centaur_Character_BP_Male_C to Centaur-Male.  I can now differentiate the similarly named characters.  

Question:  Will this break anything? I don't know if this is the best solution for this.  Is there an easier way? 

These are the only 2 issues I have with this other than it keeps removing my Groups and info saved.  Other than that, this has been a life saver.  Flying around trying to randomly find the highest level dino for breeding would take a long time and would discourage me from stats breeding.  Anyways, I'd appreciate any input.  Thanks in advance. 

• 2 weeks later...

I see that you are still logging into the forums so I hope you can reply to this.  I've had 3 problems of which I've been able to find solutions for two.

1) The M/F/Min/Max settings get wiped out from time to time.  (Resolved)

2) Unable to view due to Character names due to limited column width. (Resolved)

The last and only issue I have now is that some Characters from mods do not show any Levels, HP, ST, We, Me or Sp information.  

Questions:

1) Is there a way to add that or is it something only you can do? 

2) Do you have a template/form that you can provide and I would happily fill it out for you?  

3) Is it that the other modders are not filling out/including some information on their end? 

Again, I know people who use your app would love to see this resolved.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:14 AM, VIOrealm said:

I see that you are still logging into the forums so I hope you can reply to this.  I've had 3 problems of which I've been able to find solutions for two.

1) The M/F/Min/Max settings get wiped out from time to time.  (Resolved)

2) Unable to view due to Character names due to limited column width. (Resolved)

The last and only issue I have now is that some Characters from mods do not show any Levels, HP, ST, We, Me or Sp information.  

Questions:

1) Is there a way to add that or is it something only you can do? 

2) Do you have a template/form that you can provide and I would happily fill it out for you?  

3) Is it that the other modders are not filling out/including some information on their end? 

Again, I know people who use your app would love to see this resolved.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry to leave you hanging. I hope the recent updates have eliminated cases of settings being lost.

Mods are only supported in the sense that creatures should be displayed, but using their classnames (as there's no way to get at species names). Currently there's no way for you or a mod author to provide this information as only the core Ark files are used as a reference.

I'm surprised modded creatures are not showing stats and levels - this hasn't been the case when I've tested it in the past. As I'm short on time for Ark lately, could you help out by creating a small single-player world with a few of the creatures causing trouble and attach it to a GitHub issue please?

Thanks for the continued interest :)

On 11/23/2018 at 10:45 PM, coldino said:

Sorry to leave you hanging. I hope the recent updates have eliminated cases of settings being lost.

Mods are only supported in the sense that creatures should be displayed, but using their classnames (as there's no way to get at species names). Currently there's no way for you or a mod author to provide this information as only the core Ark files are used as a reference.

I'm surprised modded creatures are not showing stats and levels - this hasn't been the case when I've tested it in the past. As I'm short on time for Ark lately, could you help out by creating a small single-player world with a few of the creatures causing trouble and attach it to a GitHub issue please?

Thanks for the continued interest :)

Thank you for the update ?

works great so far, but it seems to detect untamable cave creatures now, can we have an option to remove those from the list please? no point getting excited with a creature that has great stats if we can't tame it ?

Archived