Swamp fever

DizzyDo

I thought swamp fever was supposed to go away when you leveled up but I can't seem to be able to get rid of it, and yes I know about lesser antidote but the ingredients for that are kinda hard to get and it seems like every noob on the server has it, waste all the time to craft the antidote only to get it again next time you run into anyone, seems kinda broken imo.  Is there any way to protect yourself from people who have it?  I got it last night from someone who was outside my base while I was offline, logged in and I had it and my base hadn't been broken into. This seems really stupid, any help or advice would be great.

3 minutes ago, DizzyDo said:

I thought swamp fever was supposed to go away when you leveled up but I can't seem to be able to get rid of it, and yes I know about lesser antidote but the ingredients for that are kinda hard to get and it seems like every noob on the server has it, waste all the time to craft the antidote only to get it again next time you run into anyone, seems kinda broken imo.  Is there any way to protect yourself from people who have it?  I got it last night from someone who was outside my base while I was offline, logged in and I had it and my base hadn't been broken into. This seems really stupid, any help or advice would be great.

If your server is infected that's a problem in its own right. But if you want to get rid of it you can level up or you can transfer to another server. It will go away but chances are if your server is full of infected trolls there's no point. Just need to build better defenses to keep them away 

Does anyone know what stat for sure?  I've checked the wiki and it says any stat but that is clearly wrong, I had just restarted so mainly have only been leveling movement and speed and those don't cure it.  Does it have to be health or maybe fortitude, I would think with all the swamp fever out there someone should know this.

Did some tests last night and leveled up a number of different stats, nothing cured it. I have no dodos so it isn't that.  Either xbox official is bugged or the wiki is wrong.  Kinda was hoping for an official answer on this or they need to update the wiki.  I didn't think of transferring out and back in I will try that tonight and see if it works.

Thanks for all the feedback:)

12 minutes ago, DizzyDo said:

Thanks for the advice I reported it in the xbox section and rag, I guess im curious to see if other xbox users are experiencing the same problem.  It does seem to me that everyone I run into on officials has it and I've been jumping around a number of different servers trying to find a good one

If you want to report a bug, use the bug report feature. Creating a thread in a different forum doesn't notify the developers or put the bug report into the queue system.

9 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

If you want to report a bug, use the bug report feature. Creating a thread in a different forum doesn't notify the developers or put the bug report into the queue system.

Thanks again for advice, I'm new to the forums so I'm not sure how to do that.  Why would they have forum sections for reporting bugs if they don't look at those, seems silly.  If you could send me a link or something would be very helpful.

https://support.survivetheark.com/hc/en-us

Click the "Submit a Request" link at the top of the page. Fill out the forms and submit it. Keep in mind that, like most other games, you probably won't get a response email to a bug report.

The bug report/support forums are there for a number of reasons, mostly discussion of bugs/issues/support. For example, if you aren't sure something is a bug or not, or would like to see if someone else is experiencing something before you report it as a bug. Devs do appear in that forum, but when it comes to bug reports even they will tell you to report it officially, as that puts the report into a queue system. 

7 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

Your best bet is to just keep antidotes around and have a section of your base quarantined off with the antidotes and mats to make them there.

I've never experienced the issue of it not going away when you level up, but I'd report that as a bug and get it off to Wildcard. 

I'd assume that swamp fever going away with level up is a bug in itself and shouldnt happen/makes no sense.

The ingredients hard to get? Shoot some woolly rhinos to get yourself a stash of horns (they don't spoil) then find rare flower by harvesting river plants using Ankylo or Equus and use Ankylo or Daeodon in the swamp to gather rare mushrooms from trees. Then have your stash of narcotics ready and viola, antidote on demand! If you have an Equus with saddle you can stow the ingredients on there and produce the antidote on the field on the fly.

Also keep in mind that people with swamp fever run faster, so for some players this disease is beneficial.

My friend got this last night while we were doing the swamp cave. When we came out he just killed himself and was cured when he re-spawned. This was on unofficial Nitrado Xbox server , so don't know if that makes any differences. But try it ( if you haven't tried yet ). Put your inventory in a chest and kill yourself.

13 minutes ago, Wikus said:

My friend got this last night while we were doing the swamp cave. When we came out he just killed himself and was cured when he re-spawned. This was on unofficial Nitrado Xbox server , so don't know if that makes any differences. But try it ( if you haven't tried yet ). Put your inventory in a chest and kill yourself.

Unofficials tend to have non-permanent swamp fever (it is a server option), so you can be cured by respawning.

43 minutes ago, Trainingmacro said:

You can use woolly rhino horns instead of leech blood according to the wiki. And again, woolly rhino horns have no spoil timer.

15 minutes ago, ArkRage said:

Omgggg you can? I never knew that xD

This is wrong. You can use the woolly rhino horn in place of the deathworm horn. But you must have leech blood, nothing else can be used in its place.

Archived