Swamp fever

MrNobody1

• Volunteer Moderator

This is 2 different mechanics. The leeches can attach to any tamed creatures and slowly drain their health until they die. You have to manually remove the leeches in such case. The swamp fever is a disease that you need to cure and only dodos and humans can be infected. Check the wiki for more info: https://ark.gamepedia.com/Leech

Am I going mad or was there an actual patch where swamp fever doesn’t go away upon leveling? I’ve been relying on levels forever because I play small and a full PvP server makes it difficult for one to gather everything. 

I mean, I seriously hope this isn’t true and my friends say the same. It was already difficult enough at lvl 85 to lvl again and now apparently it doesn’t work. I’m in a tribe of 30 people as of yesterday and we all have it, it’s a pain to cure EVERYONE

Why would they make it harder for us and not do anything to balance the idiots with 150 lvls worth of speed that run and infect on purpose?

Wow, you will have an awesome story to tell after you survive all that. You need to stay clear from each other (even corpses). Make sure the non-infected are isolated from the rest. If a healthy person has the antidote, drop it from a bird (fly high so you don't catch it), or drop it on the ground and back track so the infected can grab it.

Still, its a neat story should you overcome it. Fishing is a great way to get the supplies you need for the cure.

3 hours ago, LordDaleus said:

The wiki also notes that leveling a single stat will get rid of swamp fever, yet that does not occur.  If this is not the case, the wiki should be corrected.

I made a whole topic about this, it’s ridiculous. They used to remove it by leveling but now they took that away. As if it wasn’t hard enough leveling up solo at lvl 90, I did it anyways for the removal.  But now you HAVE to make the cure.

The trolls who spread it on purpose are now 10 tines worse and it gets annoying 

1 hour ago, FrankTheCaesar said:

I made a whole topic about this, it’s ridiculous. They used to remove it by leveling but now they took that away. As if it wasn’t hard enough leveling up solo at lvl 90, I did it anyways for the removal.  But now you HAVE to make the cure.

The trolls who spread it on purpose are now 10 tines worse and it gets annoying 

Seems that instead of an antidote we need a vaccine that could buff us for a few days with immunity!

You can get rid of it by transferring servers also.  Don't have to actually spawn on new server, just escape on the spawn screen and then connect to your server again and choose download your character when it asks.  All the beach bobs on the server I play have it and it is pretty annoying because of the guys pumped for speed thinking they are cool infecting people.  But you just need a drop or ob to get rid of it in 2 minutes.

I'm still not quite sure I understand why people are waiting to level up when it takes like 20 minutes to farm up the mats for a few dozen antidotes. Hell, once you have them keep 8-10 on you and pop them when you get near infected. It's like carrying around medical brews...they're easy to make, so why wouldn't you have plenty on your person if you know you're likely to need them?

1 narcotic
3 horns/blood
10 mushrooms
10 flowers

ezpz

Archived