aberration dino balanced ?

ilidrael

was wondering about peoples opinion on aberration dinos, are they much unbalanced or ok ?

for exemple, the basilisk has a weight of around 3300 base at a high level. it can reach more than 10 000weight. it can be super fast and tranq everyone that's on foot on the battleground, and spit poison like a wyvern while having very good HP/Damage. That one dino seems very unbalanced to me, altho awesome. xD - no saddle blueprint but still OP without needing good armor.

Crabs seems balanced since they have no saddle blueprint (yet)

Drakes, they would seem balanced if not for their tek saddles.

Reapers - At first seemed lame, now with their stat boost its a damnnnnn frog-giga v2 monsterrrr. :P 

The tek sniper... now aimbotters can shoot u through walls, hurrah :D 

20 minutes ago, Mjsechrest said:

Wait until you see a mate boosted 100% imprint megalos shred 150 reaper kings with no light on 

brokennnnnnnn

thats a tamed vs wild u mean

its like comparing tamed megalo destroying 150 wild megalo :P 

Dont need to wait for it, i do it no problem :P can kill alpha reaper kings.

2 minutes ago, ilidrael said:

thats a tamed vs wild u mean

its like comparing tamed megalo destroying 150 wild megalo :P 

Dont need to wait for it, i do it no problem :P can kill alpha reaper kings.

Well to be fair a megalo will shred a 100 imprint 190 rock drake too. And vs a tamed reaper with a light , but without a light it's a very close call 

Uhh... with respect to other end-game tames, I'd say they're mostly pretty balanced. Probably the most unbalanced one is the Basilisk, as you identified, but even it doesn't strike me as outright game-breaking just because of its rarity, lack of imprinting/breeding, and difficulty to tame.

Rock Drake is pretty strong, but I'd bet that it'd lose to a good Spino just because of the lack of breeding and slow attack speed. Also their Stamina consumption is pretty atrocious.
Reaper has been discussed ad nauseum, but post-buff I'd say it's a bit stronger than a Rex, but with an actual, discernible weakness. It also doesn't get breeding, which is a major flaw.
Karkinos is slow and honestly not that strong, it just had good HP and saddle access. And again, no breeding

TBH, probably the most brokenly OP dino from Aberration is the Aberrant Megalo. Can breed, imprint, get better saddles, has some of the best damage in the game (when ridden), and can pick players and smaller dinos? Its only downside is the unridden AI is kinda cruddy, so it isn't amazing in boss fights unless you're riding it.

hm ya i guess megalo ends up being the most OP one as after some long breeding months it'll endup at crazy base dmg+imprint/xp

rock drake yea not rly good in a fight but put its tek saddle and its a potent base destroyer that could avoid some defenses by climbing

basilisk weight is just not something i expected lol, i never thought id get to see a 10k + weight dino :D but that can be fast and tranq everyone / suffocate them ? it will def be a must in the upcoming wars.

Megas are op but a mega vs spino the spino will win every time. Knock back combined with the stam issue will leave you tired and biting at half the speed half way through. Rock drakes vs both are good fights if the person on the drake is smart. You can shoot from the drake so rocket launchered/ poison nade/ flash bang off the drake and it makes it pretty interesting.

Archived