aligning water

20GT

4 hours ago, 20GT said:

Ive got the water up to my base finally, but its not angled correctly. now that i'm close will a water reservoir allow me to reset the angle? 

you can only place reservoir on an existing pipe, so no. If you want properly aligned pipes - start building them from the base to the water source.

1 hour ago, DarthaNyan said:

you can only place reservoir on an existing pipe, so no. If you want properly aligned pipes - start building them from the base to the water source.

One of the things I VERY MUCH HOPE they address in the TLC patch. Rotatable pipes, 90* horizontal pipes, or even a device similar to an electric junction box.

Guest DJRone89
2 hours ago, Todgins said:

One of the things I VERY MUCH HOPE they address in the TLC patch. Rotatable pipes, 90* horizontal pipes, or even a device similar to an electric junction box.

You do realise the TLC patch is for dinos only, right? It’s even labelled Dino TLC pass.

16 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

You do realise the TLC patch is for dinos only, right? It’s even labelled Dino TLC pass.

That is if you are assuming @Todgins is talking about the Dino TLC pass.  Could be talking about the Building TLC pass for all we know as it's not specified !   When the building TLC pass eventually comes... I hope they fix a huge number of annoyances with how building works in this game.  I was quite disappointed when it wasn't addressed before we got the official release.  But hey ?!   :)

Guest DJRone89
3 hours ago, Mendoza said:

That is if you are assuming @Todgins is talking about the Dino TLC pass.  Could be talking about the Building TLC pass for all we know as it's not specified !   When the building TLC pass eventually comes... I hope they fix a huge number of annoyances with how building works in this game.  I was quite disappointed when it wasn't addressed before we got the official release.  But hey ?!   :)

What building TLC pass? But then you go on to say it’s not been specified. So it doesn’t exist, right?

The integration of Structures Plus will help because it’s the only effective “building TLC” they can do without a complete overhaul.

Guest DJRone89
3 minutes ago, 20GT said:

What are these passes of which you speak? Pass or patch? Is it something we buy? 

The Dino TLC pass is upcoming update which will be released in phases to address changes to mostly the old dinos. Info on that can be found on a pinned thread at the top of the general discussion area.

The building mechanics have been somewhat addressed so parts of the S+ mod will be integrated into the base game at a later date.

21 hours ago, 20GT said:

Ive got the water up to my base finally, but its not angled correctly. now that i'm close will a water reservoir allow me to reset the angle? 

Captin' Hindsight says "always start from where you want to end up and build out towards the water..." :Rex: also a ladder can be a big help to line things up straight.

Pipes I tend to line up to my foundations by placing a Pipe Intersection (x) on the corner foundation of my house which sits just below the foundation top - so visible between foundations but otherwise "underground".  I then run the pipes out of the building and down to the water source.  From that 1st corner piece I can then go all around the inside walls of my house, adding verticals where needed to add taps and such.

20180116140848_1.thumb.jpg.37ebe3359b5244ad2363369b6a0e4e13.jpg

Similar technique with power lines.  I place a generator then add a vertical from generator upwards to provide the initial cable to join.  I then place an intersection on top of that to give me 4 directions from the generator to head in.  It looks a little messy and I could probably do the intersection stuff underground but find it easier to start with a vertical into intersection - then use verticals from each end to go back into the ground and then lay straight around the room using intersections on the corners.

20180116140933_1.thumb.jpg.55672e73aba83e6ab403047376c7fdbc.jpg

Archived