Will wc compensate us for this update?

RaiderofthelostARK

With xbox players having difficulty joining the servers and enjoying the x2 event do you think WC will extend the event to make up for game time lost? They have no idea who's at fault...1st they blame Microsoft then they point there fingers at our ISP..no matter who is at fault they have the ability to make up for our loss of the event. But will they? This should be a test of their support for us as customers and i think they will fail. And further more if they do decide to extend it my money is in all platforms getting the extension. Which would that be right ? 

42 minutes ago, anubis3691 said:

Must have been a PC thing. I've never heard of such on Xbox. (Except that 36 hour roll back that one time.....)

That's why I never complain that PC gets things first.. they get all the bugs first too emoji4.png

Yes it was PC, to be honest I don't know if it was even out for both or either of the other platforms at that time, it really was a long time ago but a LOT of people quit because they lost everything.

10 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

I very much doubt it, they once forgot a comma and made hundreds if not thousands of people lose literally everything (they accidentally set people who had been offline for more than like 2 days timers to 0 on everything) and they didn't even roll back to remove that error.

That was still in the time the game was in early access so bugs etc etc could happen. Not fun but at that time still “acceptable”. But now that kind of mistake would be not taken verry  kindly... what i know my pc official server i play on has rollbacks every event and high ping we never got compansated so do not expect to much.

I only question the timing, why is this done at their peak time being weekends? especially when they have provided a breeding event last seen on the 13/12/2017 ( I could be out on this date, I do apologise).

I'm all for the upgrades and updates we get as the game is running smoother and smoother so credit due but from a business perspective, why was this not done on a Monday?

would it of not been better to have full staff support if things went belly up?

I could be wrong and WC and Nitrado agreed to complete the work on a sunday, it still seems strange to me. I hope they're getting paid double time and again thank you for the prospect of more powerful servers!

:Melee_Damage:

Guest DJRone89
2 hours ago, X111 said:

I only question the timing, why is this done at their peak time being weekends? especially when they have provided a breeding event last seen on the 13/12/2017 ( I could be out on this date, I do apologise).

I'm all for the upgrades and updates we get as the game is running smoother and smoother so credit due but from a business perspective, why was this not done on a Monday?

would it of not been better to have full staff support if things went belly up?

I could be wrong and WC and Nitrado agreed to complete the work on a sunday, it still seems strange to me. I hope they're getting paid double time and again thank you for the prospect of more powerful servers!

:Melee_Damage:

Here’s the thing right, Jen tweeted that they have no control over when patches goes live which is understandable as it’s on Microsoft’s end.

The storm that follows could be somewhat prevented but not entirely for those who don’t interact on social media. Communication is key here and usually when a patch passes cert, the devs would tweet us, then tweet again when the patch is ready for deployment.

In this instance, they only tweeted after said patch had gone live so it was too late for preparation.

1 hour ago, DJRone89 said:

Here’s the thing right, Jen tweeted that they have no control over when patches goes live which is understandable as it’s on Microsoft’s end.

The storm that follows could be somewhat prevented but not entirely for those who don’t interact on social media. Communication is key here and usually when a patch passes cert, the devs would tweet us, then tweet again when the patch is ready for deployment.

In this instance, they only tweeted after said patch had gone live so it was too late for preparation.

I understand about the patches side of things, I was questioning the hardware switch over. i know when our company done a data transfer from one software application to another with over 4million live policies it was done in 2 hours onto servers which were made ready for the transfer 3 weeks prior to the actual transfer.

i would of thought that anything as big as data moving and hardware updates would have been announce weeks in advance because they knew they were going to do it and not apply an event during this time?

like i said i don't really understand it so if it could be explained i could see where they were coming from. im genuinely curious about this and not looking to start an argument with anyone (only stating as a precaution as no matter how anything is written, people still get salty)

Guest DJRone89
7 minutes ago, X111 said:

I understand about the patches side of things, I was questioning the hardware switch over. i know when our company done a data transfer from one software application to another with over 4million live policies it was done in 2 hours onto servers which were made ready for the transfer 3 weeks prior to the actual transfer.

i would of thought that anything as big as data moving and hardware updates would have been announce weeks in advance because they knew they were going to do it and not apply an event during this time?

like i said i don't really understand it so if it could be explained i could see where they were coming from. im genuinely curious about this and not looking to start an argument with anyone (only stating as a precaution as no matter how anything is written, people still get salty)

The only issue I have is the communication surrounding said updates. Evo events happen almost every weekend and if they don’t, there is just as much uproar from the community for there not being one as this is for when an update drops during that period.

Evo events are enabled across all platforms but updates are platfrom specific so this is the issue the community face and should be more aware of, and it’s something Wildcard can’t really prevent without disabling the evo events for the platforms that require the update.

38 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

The only issue I have is the communication surrounding said updates. Evo events happen almost every weekend and if they don’t, there is just as much uproar from the community for there not being one as this is for when an update drops during that period.

Evo events are enabled across all platforms but updates are platfrom specific so this is the issue the community face and should be more aware of, and it’s something Wildcard can’t really prevent without disabling the evo events for the platforms that require the update.

this is true, as you say, damned if they do, damned if they dont

9 hours ago, Avaraxius said:

That was still in the time the game was in early access so bugs etc etc could happen. Not fun but at that time still “acceptable”. But now that kind of mistake would be not taken verry  kindly... what i know my pc official server i play on has rollbacks every event and high ping we never got compansated so do not expect to much.

Acceptable or not I have not seen any difference in the way they run things now and the way they ran things back then. This wasn't a bug, it was an accident that was ignored.

How about when they said it was gonna be 2x breeding and then listed in the patch notes that abberant megalo breeding was fixed on console and then a few hours later removed the patch notes from the list after we wasted 12 fert megalo eggs. And right after that they throw a 3gb update at us which corrupts arks data on me and my tribes Xbox and when we try to redownload the update ark is deleted from our hard drives, so we're forced to spend the entire weekend re downloading while all of our babies starve and our generators run out of gas while our base sits wide open for raiders. That was great 

Archived