Is PvE better? Does it get boring fast?

ATKPanda

10 hours ago, ATKPanda said:

Not consecutively, Ive played once or twice every few months the last 2 years. Never got the end phases of the game just the start and stuff

if that is case, go for pve. its same game, you just cant settle disputes with few rex bites or some c4. as official pve servers are already occupied and most are tame capped i would suggest you find some unofficial server with close or identical rates to officials. on those with insane rates you just swoop trough content. also, find yourself tribemates, playing ark alone is fun for maybe first 15 days

4 hours ago, doken said:

I don't think it's possible to really get bored in this game, you always get frustrated first and then return months later with recharged energy.

it is if you tame almost all animals you ever need, do all boss fights and ascend. by mine opinion, if you have people to play with, ark is game for like 4 month on island, and each dlc gives one more month. thats how it takes for majority of people to get bored by ark

On 20/01/2018 at 11:52 AM, Sphere said:

Mine is set to 10x, but the food consumption rate is 0.6x, which forces the 10x to go down to 6x because they eat less often. What do you think about this?

Seems fine for taming/breeding, just don't make the harvest too high or you will smack 1 rock 1 tree and have a full 10x10 base 6 stories high :P

If you hate grinding, sure but it up but the game is designed around a grind so you want to spend at least some time gathering! 

**IMO**

21 hours ago, OttoGrunf said:

it is if you tame almost all animals you ever need, do all boss fights and ascend. by mine opinion, if you have people to play with, ark is game for like 4 month on island, and each dlc gives one more month. thats how it takes for majority of people to get bored by ark

One month for each expansion? Man, you really should stop watching youtube videos or reading the wiki for every step you take in the game, that's maybe what makes it boring.

49 minutes ago, doken said:

One month for each expansion? Man, you really should stop watching youtube videos or reading the wiki for every step you take in the game, that's maybe what makes it boring.

i never watch game videos. not for ark not for other games. i o understand that there is some people that wants to tame or breed every single color variant of every single in game animal, but that  irrelevant percentage of players. most people want to tame and use new animals, explore new regions and thats it. 1 month and they got bored. take look at aberration. servers where full when its released, and now?

I switch back and forth between PVP and PVE. Both are fun. PVE allows you to relax a bit and enjoy some of the finer things in the game without having to worry about being wiped when you log in the next day. Whereas, it's fun to scheme, ambush, exact revenge and pillage in PVP. Just pick how you feel each day and you can have fun with both.

PVE on unofficial servers for me.

On unofficial, you need to check if and/or when the next wipe will be.  I left my last unofficial server because they wiped their server and forced everyone to start again with nothing.  Also check how long the server is likely to be around because unofficial servers can disappear with zero notice.

PVE allows you to focus on building, breeding, and doing the boss fights.

Don't bother with high rate servers as they don't present any real challenge.  2x XP and gathering is fine - use the correct dino for the job and you'll get loads of materials.

Also worth checking if wild dinos can be carried.  I don't like it because it provides a griefing mechanism.  Some people do like it in PVE because it makes taming easier.

Guest DJRone89
On 20/01/2018 at 12:52 AM, Sphere said:

Mine is set to 10x, but the food consumption rate is 0.6x, which forces the 10x to go down to 6x because they eat less often. What do you think about this?

My taming is 6x, egg hatch 30x, mature 60x, no mating interval, and 11 min imprints - so you can enjoy the rest of the game without messing with such tedious tasks as taming and breeding.

It’s just me and a bunch of friends, so ORP is on and no structure/dino decay.

So I've been on and off Ark the past year or more so I would say I'm pretty into the game and know what I'm doing... Most of the time anyways. Ive always stopped due to getting raided and being so salty to the point I quit the game for a few weeks before returning once again. I dont know if its the fact I'm in a small tribe or im just simply not good at the game. I have never tried PvE or starting up my own custom server with some friends. I'm curious to know if it will be as enjoyable as PvP and I wont get bored the first few days playing. Im really into building on games but I also love Pvp so I feel like I have to sacrifice one for the other as on Pvp servers you are kinda forced to build a bulky metal cube like everyone else instead of showing your creative side and building beautiful structures. If you're a Pve player I'd like to know if its fun, long lasting, and maybe better than Pvp. Sorry for the rambling, typos and long post haha thanks anyways. -Lauren xx
For me I don't like Pve because u build up for no reason u get bigger than u have nothing to really do as for PvP u can build up and raid people who raided u u get to defend u have more of a reason to build quickly

On 1/19/2018 at 6:52 PM, Sphere said:

I like the opposite - taming to 3x and food consumption to 1.5x. I also like that I have to feed the dinos, esp when I take them out. They need to hunt yo :)

Archived