Just a Rant

WolfBrink

So 2x breeding finally happened! Annnd it's on the weekend my work schedule rotates so I only have one day off. This happens to be my only chance to try and raise a reaper since I work 11 - 12 hour shifts.

So last night I got home, got impregnated by a high level after killing 30 of them, maxed it's exp and gave birth. At the time of birth it should been done 2 hours after 2x ends. At this point in FORCING myself to stay awake. Nodding off, zoning out, my body just trying to shut down because I'm so tired and I just gave birth to the thing.

I accidentally passed out for like 5 or 10 minutes while I'm in the baby reapers pen and the damn thing died. Now theres not enough time for me to repeat the process to get one until next 2x breeding....

It just really sucks. What is this sadistic game the DEVs love to play with us :( at least they tried a little bit with 8 hour imprinting, but it's pointless through half the raising on most dinos because they need food before that anyways. Rant over. :(

If a baby reaper aggros to something its food drops at about 500 points a second. So after 3 seconds it's out of food Stat and it powers through the food in the inventory. Fill your inventory full of meat (like 200+ pounds) and let it kill you. Keep its inventory open while it's trying to kill you to keep putting food in since it will be munching through really quick. Also eat some spoiled meat before pheromones wear off so your at low hp for it to kill you quickly. It will pick up all the meat in your inventory and should be good for the entire baby stage. You should only need 1 or 2 pheromone to complete baby stage. Using a huge amount of fish meat keeps the spoil timer longer so it can survive a 12 or even a 16 hour time period of being alone with fish to spare. Could do cooked meat too. 

Twelve hour shifts with only one day off would ruin ark raising ability. If it just happened to rotate that way then you should get 3 or 4 days off in a row to do it normally at some point. I have split days off and can NEVER 100% anything decent. If you have a trustworthy roomate\gf\bf\kids you entrust an imprint to them. Or give your login to a tribemate. 

On 1/14/2018 at 9:37 AM, WolfBrink said:

So 2x breeding finally happened! Annnd it's on the weekend my work schedule rotates so I only have one day off. This happens to be my only chance to try and raise a reaper since I work 11 - 12 hour shifts.

So last night I got home, got impregnated by a high level after killing 30 of them, maxed it's exp and gave birth. At the time of birth it should been done 2 hours after 2x ends. At this point in FORCING myself to stay awake. Nodding off, zoning out, my body just trying to shut down because I'm so tired and I just gave birth to the thing.

I accidentally passed out for like 5 or 10 minutes while I'm in the baby reapers pen and the damn thing died. Now theres not enough time for me to repeat the process to get one until next 2x breeding....

It just really sucks. What is this sadistic game the DEVs love to play with us :( at least they tried a little bit with 8 hour imprinting, but it's pointless through half the raising on most dinos because they need food before that anyways. Rant over. :(

Alright, I'll see your rant, and raise you one of my own:

If you don't have the time to do things on official rates, that's PRECISELY what unofficial servers are for. I've seen far too many people lately demanding that Wildcard make the game easier for them when Wildcard has already done so by providing a version of the exact same game with customizable rates. You can get on official and accept the rates Wildcard sets, or you can go to an unofficial server that has rates which coincide with your life schedule. I hate to be the one beating that "try unofficial" drum, but if more people did that instead of demanding unofficial rates on official they'd be a lot happier.

2 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

Alright, I'll see your rant, and raise you one of my own:

If you don't have the time to do things on official rates, that's PRECISELY what unofficial servers are for. I've seen far too many people lately demanding that Wildcard make the game easier for them when Wildcard has already done so by providing a version of the exact same game with customizable rates. You can get on official and accept the rates Wildcard sets, or you can go to an unofficial server that has rates which coincide with your life schedule. I hate to be the one beating that "try unofficial" drum, but if more people did that instead of demanding unofficial rates on official they'd be a lot happier.

I can't disagree at all. It's my fault in the end obviously not wildcards. It just really sucks if you know what I mean. I just felt like going on a little personal rant about it is all because I know other people have been through it too.

Unofficial is perfect for people who, like you said, simple don't have the time or ability to grind on official rates. As for me, there's just something about being on a games official settings, pushing through it, and succeeding that feels rewarding. I understand official is there to be the main base game challenge and they've already bumped the rates up perminately before. I guess to make the most sense of what I'm saying is I wish they would keep the challenge there, keep the rates (at most a .5x perm increase to breeding) but keep the average working force in mind when it comes to breeding. And 8 hour imprinting is definately a step in the right direction. I guess its just a double edge sword that I'll have to live with.

Even if it means having your first reaper die because you stayed up to long trying to start it, pass out for 5 minutes in the reapers cage from exhaustion, end up losing the pheromone buff, and having it attack you til it dies. Lol

I've personally raised 4 reapers on official pvp already, I'd rather go through the difficulty of preparing haz suits, finding a high level queen, getting pregnant, getting pheromones, building traps, whatever than sit with a baby giga for 20 hours like a zombi. 

The reaper timer will not move when your logged off so you don't have to raise it the same day you get impregnated.

Baby stage seems to be slightly less than a Rex so you really dont need to watch it for hours and hours just feed it periodically.

And your tribe mates can feed it if they force feed it a couple meat to stop the food from dropping. Ark is always meant to be a tribe focused game especially on official and especially for raiseing the end game tames.

11 hours ago, Varanus8 said:

I've personally raised 4 reapers on official pvp already, I'd rather go through the difficulty of preparing haz suits, finding a high level queen, getting pregnant, getting pheromones, building traps, whatever than sit with a baby giga for 20 hours like a zombi. 

The reaper timer will not move when your logged off so you don't have to raise it the same day you get impregnated.

Baby stage seems to be slightly less than a Rex so you really dont need to watch it for hours and hours just feed it periodically.

And your tribe mates can feed it if they force feed it a couple meat to stop the food from dropping. Ark is always meant to be a tribe focused game especially on official and especially for raiseing the end game tames.

The problem I ran into is my work schedule. I would have loved to get the timer to 10 minutes left, logged out, and did it the next day but it wouldn't leave me with enough time. If I birthed it the next day, I leave for work the day after and wouldn't be around to feed or imprint it since I'd be gone for 11 hours on top of 2x being over.

That's why I was so rushed lol it was my only opportunity to getting a reaper king. Especially being a solo player since by buddy hasn't been on in 2 weeks.

Archived