Fix scorched earth

SmokeyB

With two way transfers the flyer nerf and the release of ragnarok scorched earth is looking kind of pathetic. It's not worth building on due to weather, not worth farming on due to 30min cool down and angler fish, can't get dragon eggs as no flyers that spawn on the map are good enough. It is a useless waste of space. 

I loved scorch when it first came out and was thinking of ways to make it a viable map to live on. 

1. Fix the weather. Make sandstorms no longer reduce stamina. Keep the vision being obscured but let us still do stuff during a storm, makes desert goggles useful. Make electric storms no longer effect generator and turrets or guns but make them just shut off fridges and lights etc, still annoying but not a game breaker. 

2. No generator damage. The most annoying thing about scorched, so much map useless due to not being100%wind. 

3.add griffin's to the map. We actually need a flyer fast enough to get eggs on the map that came out with dragon eggs. 

4. Limit transfers. Make it like aberation. Only dinos that spawn on that map can transfer to the map. Wouldn't take long to reskin everything to be sand coloured scorched dinos, ie scorched wolf, can be tamed on scorch bred on the island and then transfered back to any scorch server to raid. 

These few changes would make scorched a viable place to build and would make the map relevant again. Could also reduce amount of drops or quality to balance it a bit. At the minute a scorched base is undefended and pointless due to rag and the weather. 

Before people say dumb stuff like scorched is supposed to be harder and have bad weather etc I just want to say it failed, it was a good concept but later changes made it pointless, the idea was a failure no-one plays on this map and now we are left with an empty map, my ideas will bring life to scorched again and open it up for pvp

• 4 weeks later...

1.) Yes, the weather should be altered in some way. It is quite frustrating when you have a limited amount of time to do certain things and find yourself having to chill inside of a tent for half of your playtime because of a sandstorm or something similar. You lost me on the turrets staying active during a sandstorm, though. I mean, c'mon, why? For those who play PvP, it adds a certain tactical element to the map.
2.) Agreed. I run a separate Scorched Earth server from my Island server on a cluster, but I find myself not putting as much time into the Scorched server because I just don't want to get a generator up just to constantly worry about repairing it when I'm not around. The upkeep isn't a big deal when you're playing on Scorched exclusively, but I find if you use it as a second location, it can be problematic.
3.) Oh, come off it. Every single Scorched Earth complaint seems to either revolve around 'oh no, Wyverns are too hard to obtain' or the tired argument of 'why did I buy Scorched when I can get all the same stuff from Ragnarok?'. I've spent about 50% of my time acquiring wyvern eggs doing so on an Argentavis, or a Pteranodon when doing so on Ragnarok. Acquiring wyvern eggs is not supposed to be easy. If it is, then it becomes abused. I ran a Ragnarok server in the past back when the wyvern trench was easy as hell to farm and I've got to tell you, everyone and their mother had several wyverns. It gets old and clutters up the server pretty damn fast. They're not supposed to be easy to acquire, and god forbid you have to put some semblance of strategy and planning into acquiring your first one. You had good points up until here, but I'm sorry, this one just doesn't check out.
4.) Why, though? What reasoning is there for this other than 'it would be cool'?

i think they should do some map changes.

- First update how the map looks or do that at the end. Make some spaces more clustrofobic and if on food make some places look like dead ends. 

- Make mountains from red to blue obi smaller cuz it takes up space that that none ever goes thrugh and in place of that make that middle of the map biome. make 2 or 3 alpha base locations in mountains and put more metal in the same place so its actally worth it to go on the mountains. I think that wyvern trench should be put to the middle of the remaining mountains so you can t build wyvern traps so its harder to get them. that would mean that wyverns are actualy end game tames. remove those mountains that are just flat and have no features to them and remove golem spawns from those clifs( put them on the road that leads up or the top or on the botom ). less mountains would mean more desert or ather biome. Make anather biome i m sure you can think of it.Mountains themselves are boaring and right now they take up almost third of the map. Make those places( between mountains area covered with trees ) more interesting. Most of the map doesn t even get played cuz there is nothing interesting or any good base spots there, so make a use for the rest of the map that doesn t get played. Make those sandstone mountains ( those near green obi) go around canyons or make them edges of the canyon. mybe make more more of them and put them together ( mybe in circle ) and make little ways thrugh them. make them useful and not just nice looking.

- Put all the desert on the same part of the map ( like in botomn of the map) rather then having not very wide desert. It would make you go deeper in the desert for loot drops (and if they would move a cave to there) that would make it more dangerous cuz you are in deep desert. Put bigger and better oasis in the game the ones that we have are too small or are salt deposits and you don t need that much salt, so delete almost all ather salt spawns and make us come to the desert to get it.Make desert more interesting add skeletons to it, more oasis and mybe some cool hidden spots. Also a good thing would be that sandstorms would start on the part of the map that desert is on and slowly making its way to the other parts of the map. put a lot of runs and somewhere in there have the manticore arena quite hidden in there and on the very edge.

- Add canyons to the map. I feel it would be so much better if there would be canyon ways connecting the whole map and could make a good place for starter bases (cuz now there arent realy any hidden spots on the map) also if you would do this make it so you can build in them or on the insides because that one that we have you can t build exept in the botom. There is so much potencial for caves in the canyon make some caves that are resource and build caves and mybe 1 artifact one. also have some canyons more open and some almost closed so they almost have a roof on top.

And for the biggest change :

- make a cave that is similar to the center cave so it makes it kinda something that prepares you for aberration, have wyverns in there so its not easy to get to or live there. at the botomn have like a tiny tunnel (where on the end of it it would be a crack that you can t get thrugh only see thrugh) and behined it have the element ore. That would give explenation to the whole rockwell thing where in one of his explorer notes he say that he found element in the cave on scorched earth. Make ather parts buildible and have quite a lot of water in it. make a forest that is realy dents and make a tiny hole hiden in it after a small entrence put a big pool of water so it explains the forest after that have a way down there and at the end have a giant open cave.

non map stuff :

-Add new dinos - Gorgonopsid, rattlesnake ,little lizards ( kinda SE compy),... Also some more island creatures. I don t see why Oviraptor, allo, compy,... aren t on the map. Mybe update the kibble tree on SE so it has the kibble for all the dinos.

-fix weather - Make it so when storms hit there are some negative effects but don t stop us from playing or make a use for the storm (like on aberration the earthquake makes everything shake but its usefull cuz it gives you items) make it so in lightming storm lightming wyvern eggs would hatch quicker but not make it too op. Something like that would be cool cuz then you have things to do when its storming and not just standing afk in the game until storm passes. Also remove damnage to the generator. it makes the map that much more of a thing you must do instead of want to. That doesn t make map harder only more anoying. If you want you constant player base on the map make it so there are good looking spots for pve also good spots for pvp, new items you can t get on ather maps, and if you play on this map you aren t in any disadvantage from those players playing on any ather map.

- New caves and new bosses. I think that would give more content and people wouldn t get as bored so fast. Also put them in sneaky locations like some caves are on ragnarok. Make some realy hidden ones and some open ones. Some harder to get to and some easier,... Caves add a lot to the map and if you have a lot o them it would make map more played.

- We need more alphas like Alpha thorny, raptor, rex, mantis. This would make farming tools actually possible and for lvl-ing.

- new resources, tools, weapons. I am sure you can think of atleast 5 new resources 5 new tools or weapons.

If only some of this changes would happen it would make players come back to scorched earth and stay on here. Map has so much potencial but you have to use it. Devs told us the would update the dlc with new content only for it and i hope you do the tlc for the map whenever you make an ending for SE. Say what you think.

Archived