Decay Timer in Obelisk Inventories, Any way to disable?

KalisaFox

Is there any way to disable to Obelisk timers, or at least greatly increase them?  I have already tried adding

TributeItemExpirationSeconds=31449600
TributeDinoExpirationSeconds=31449600
TributeCharacterExpirationSeconds=31449600

To my servers Ini settings, did it on both servers on my network and it had no effect, was this setting disabled? or am i missing something?

Sorry I don't know this one myself. I was thinking of setting up an experiment on my Ryzen Threadripper server to see what would happen. When I get time that is. I was wondering what would happen if I set the timer to 0 seconds in ASM. Would it disable the timer?

I wonder if the timer won't change, because there are items on the obelisk, and thus it won't budge. Or maybe the amount you specified is beyond the range of the allowed timer?

Can try a smaller setting later tonight, its interesting though, was watching a youtube video of someone uploading and transfering stuff to another map on their network and they had no timers as well, and no cap on the storage, this was also the same provider as I had so Im at a total loss on how they could do that.

I posted a question on their video but no responce, heres the video of the person I seen uploading, and this was recent. This was at the 2 min mark.

UPDATE: Tried with 

TributeItemExpirationSeconds=345600
TributeDinoExpirationSeconds=345600
TributeCharacterExpirationSeconds=345600
so only 4 days, seen no effect, still only 24 hours in the Ark Data

https://gyazo.com/e28a1388178d7db7d15c7d8634d4d75f what I see.

Am i just putting the text in the wrong section? im placing it in the gameuserini under server settings

I posted this in another thread the other day as someone else was asking the same sort of thing.

I do this on all my servers at home for the same reasons. Just add the below to your startup command for your server.

?TributeItemExpirationSeconds=31536000?TributeDinoExpirationSeconds=31536000?TributeCharacterExpirationSeconds=31536000?MaxTributeDinos=273?MaxTributeItems=154

The numbers in that are not arbitrary. Whilst you can adjust the number of seconds pretty much as high as you like (the above gives a year) there is an issue with uploading large numbers that causes corruption if you upload more than 273 dinos or 154 items. Don't set it more than those or you will corrupt your store file (and keep backups of it just incase you do it by mistake).

8 hours ago, KalisaFox said:

I run my server through a provider and not sure how to to add to startup, is that just in the gameuserini settings under server settings, or under a different section? Perhpas just in the gameini settings instead of gameuserini?

I tried all sorts of things to get it working in the GUS but failed miserably, adding them to the startup command as above works perfectly though. Surely your service provider has some sort of interface to allow you to edit the startup command? Sorry can't help there though as I run my own servers at home so have never used a third party provider.

well thanks allot for the info,  saved me allot of time trying to test the setting in the GUI settings, desided to opened a ticket with my provider to try and get this sorted, I run a G-portal server if anyone happens to know how I access the startup commands for that, if not hopefully they will respond to my ticket 

apparantly i was blind as this provider has a section right on the main page for this stuff -.- cant belive i missed it, been through this page so much.. 

https://gyazo.com/ffc0007f4393a537114301b7a3deec80  X.X Thanks for all the help though.

Edit: Couldnt find out how to remove the timer entirely though, or increase the item and dino cap in the network.

Archived