Aberration Drops SUCK!

Crows

13 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

The easy drops are spread out all around the cave and they provide rewards that are reflective of their ease of access.

I don't think they reflect the ease of access at all. Getting 13 green gems is not worth the effort to climb to a drop. You get better stuff on the other maps and it's easier to access because of the flyers.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Thorium said:

I don't think they reflect the ease of access at all. Getting 13 green gems is not worth the effort to climb to a drop. You get better stuff on the other maps and it's easier to access because of the flyers.

If you think climbing to a drop inside the cave is "effort," then I'd recommend going back to the Island, Center, or Ragnarok. That's the equivalent of walking down the beach.

3 hours ago, Mjsechrest said:

The problem is that mastercraft drops are extremely rare , and since the New Years event no one has found any ascendant bps or items at all (entire server). I'm all for rarity but the quality of the drops is so low that's I honestly don't think it's possible to find ascendant bps even In the cave drops on aberation. Also there is no way to get better tool bps (if im wrong correct me) and most of the upgraded tools we found came from nameless (can we make tool bps a rare nameless drop pleaseeee)

Good drops aren't all that rare, they're easy to find, and they contain some sweet lootz...you just have to roll up your sleeves and go get them on the surface like everyone else. If you want to farm drops in the Bambi areas of the map, you're going to get Bambi loot and the occasional nice surprise. If a couple mediocre-to-worthless blueprints, some gems/glowsticks, and the seldom good drop doesn't cut it, well, put some actual effort in.

Don't expect to get the same stuff from climbing up a ledge as you do building a suit and an entourage to trek up to the surface at night fighting off reapers and seekers. You want the good stuff? Well, you have the same opportunity to get it as everyone else.

4 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

If you think climbing to a drop inside the cave is "effort," then I'd recommend going back to the Island, Center, or Ragnarok. That's the equivalent of walking down the beach.

Yes, it is more effort then just flying buy, especially with the fast breaking climbing picks and dinos everywere. It's practically a waste of time, you get nothing you really need. If you are very very lucky you may get a primitive climbing pick blueprint. But your time is better spend progressing to the surface to get the worthwhile drops.

9 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

Good drops aren't all that rare, they're easy to find, and they contain some sweet lootz...you just have to roll up your sleeves and go get them on the surface like everyone else. If you want to farm drops in the Bambi areas of the map, you're going to get Bambi loot and the occasional nice surprise. If a couple mediocre-to-worthless blueprints, some gems/glowsticks, and the seldom good drop doesn't cut it, well, put some actual effort in.

Don't expect to get the same stuff from climbing up a ledge as you do building a suit and an entourage to trek up to the surface at night fighting off reapers and seekers. You want the good stuff? Well, you have the same opportunity to get it as everyone else.

I'm talking about surface drops not subterranean. And when I mentioned cave drops I mean the actual 3 caves in aberration.  We get drops all day long on the surface and 95% of the time it's only apprentice / journeyman. And that's a solid fact. This is an official server. 

On 1/16/2018 at 1:53 PM, ZyraSeedling said:

Am I missing something? Why are you all surprised the drops in the common areas of the map are usually unimpressive? You want real drops you need to hit up the surface or the actual cave areas (You know... the 3 caves on the map). 

Yes you miss something. You miss the useful stuff you can get from the easy drops on the other maps. Even white drops can have torch blueprints, which are useful. You can get metal tool blueprints in the common drops on the other maps, you can't in Aberration. The cavern drops are completely pointless. There is absolutely nothing in them you can need.

Aberration has a 7 tier drop rate. This is new to most you have 

1 green zone drops

2 blue zone drops

3 pink zone drops

4 green zone artifact cave zone

5  blue zone artifact cave zone

6 surface drops

7 pink zone cave drops 

each zone has different tiers in its self ( Coker coded like normal but where is important  

1 hour ago, DeweyDecimal said:

I'm constantly throwing glowsticks. 

At trees, rocks, wild dinos, other players... 

Everything glows

The "easy" loot beacons are, to put it bluntly, garbage.  It's not a question of "rolling up your sleeves and doing the work."  Even purple boxes are likely to be... a Paracer saddle.  Not even a platform saddle, just a saddle.  Anything but the actual Artifact Cave Beacons or Surface Drops is around the same level as the Medium Crop Plot BP / Water Jar BP drops that *still* plague The Island.  Most of the time you get junk that's either useless, or in such small quantities that it's effectively useless.  (Green gems are used for a lot of stuff.  15 green gems wouldn't even make decent slingshot ammo, let alone be enough to craft anything.  I've lucked out and gotten more than that in random earthquakes, and those happen *constantly* and you don't even need to look for them.)

In singleplayer, the standard box beacons are basically useless.  They don't even function as mobile upload terminals for sending spare bulbdogs to my saves on other maps, because that function is disabled in Singleplayer.

Yes, the normal loot boxes can be easy to get to.  The stuff they drop *still* isn't worth the effort of walking over and opening them most of the time.

On 1/16/2018 at 7:39 AM, Mjsechrest said:

The problem is that mastercraft drops are extremely rare , and since the New Years event no one has found any ascendant bps or items at all (entire server). I'm all for rarity but the quality of the drops is so low that's I honestly don't think it's possible to find ascendant bps even In the cave drops on aberation. Also there is no way to get better tool bps (if im wrong correct me) and most of the upgraded tools we found came from nameless (can we make tool bps a rare nameless drop pleaseeee)

we have got some ascendant blueprints (official server) but not hazard at most only a journeyman hazard blueprint but with rings on loot beacon they have a chance to give ascendant hazard but not blue prints.. for some reason the cave in our server no longer give loot drops (which used to be very high quality) so we dont have any option but to go surface for loot

21 hours ago, Laxionne said:

we have got some ascendant blueprints (official server) but not hazard at most only a journeyman hazard blueprint but with rings on loot beacon they have a chance to give ascendant hazard but not blue prints.. for some reason the cave in our server no longer give loot drops (which used to be very high quality) so we dont have any option but to go surface for loot

Yep all the cave drops on our official server aren't respawning at all. Went through all the trouble to get through hidden grotto and not one drop nor in the radioactive cave. Extremely disappointed 

Can't complain anymore since I just looted asc megalo saddle bp and mc climbing pick bp... but it takes a bit patience throwing away thousands of chitin bp and carbonemy bps..

maybe it's because you are advanced enough to only use rockdrake hazmat suit so only looking for those. I was happy enough o  get a high dura apprent. quality hazmat piece

Overall the Aberration Supply Beacons are 99% completely useless crap, white to purple.

Sometimes one can find something useful (such as a AP or MC metal shield), but this happens _WAAAAY_ less often than on TheIsland, TheCenter, Ragnarok, ScorchedEarth.
Leads me of thinking that the loot table for Aberration Supply Beacons that are _NOT_ on the surface _OR_ artifact caves - is broken - a lot.
Studio Wildcard needs to fix that. Properly.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2018. 01. 16. at 12:39 AM, Mjsechrest said:

We have 2 full vault with asc stuff and like 3 more with jm and mc. The surface is the best way to get stuff, i farmed it with a crab before the reaper buff, but now its not really hard too, you only need a drake with 2-3k stamina. Go in a camo mode so the reapers dont spawn, stand near the drop and dismount, pick up the drop and get back at the drake than fly away. When you dismount, reapers will spawn, but they will roar first so you will have like 3-4 sec.

Archived