Aberration Drops SUCK!

Crows

After opening 100+ drops around Aberration, I've come to the conclusion that they are extremely underwhelming to the point where you don't even feel like opening them at times. Every single cave-styled drop around Aberration sucks. 

I know, the surface is where all the loot's at, which isn't so easy to get on official (especially pvp) servers without a rock drake. At least on other maps the drops weren't THIS BAD. Look at the Island, you have normal beacon drops which can drop decent items/BPs, then obviously greater loot drops from caves and underwater, etc. Look at the Center, then look at Rag, the Scorched Earth, they all have decent-ish and great drop loot, but on Aberration that's not the case.

It's like the normal drops on Aberration have the other map's OLD loot tables which got buffed because of how underwhelming they were. FYI I'm not asking for normal drops to consistently give Purple/MC/Ascendant Items/BPs, don't get me wrong - I'm just saying, after the... 30th+ Fish Basket BP, Crop Plot BP, GLOWSTICKS, a few Gems, Cable BPs, Pipe BPs, Wooden Dino Gate BPs, pieces of Ghillie, you start to see the difference. 

Yeah at times I've gotten some decent items from drops, like MC climbing Picks (premade) and Journeyman saddle BPs or a Pike, and Apprentice Flak, but the chances are so tiny that they're not enough. :ph34r:

Just sayin.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, AdligerAdler said:

Yea. I have not a single one better quality hatchet, pickaxe or crossbow. All still primitive/gray/100% damage.

Kill nameless to easily get ramshackle metal picks and hatchets. They also have a small chance to drop apprentice picks and hatchets. At least to get you out of the primitive stage.

3 hours ago, WolfBrink said:

Kill nameless to easily get ramshackle metal picks and hatchets. They also have a small chance to drop apprentice picks and hatchets. At least to get you out of the primitive stage.

That's a good info but creeper kings creep me out. If I disconnect my light pet gets killed and then the creeper king is super resistent and I might lose my mount. Once I almost lost a 10k health spino to a level 30. At my biolum base where a waterfall leads into red zone there's every single time spawning a creeper king if I don't kill the nameless quickly. And that happens often because my neighbor is a moron who keeps riding around with no light pet. I'm traumatized.

I now keep ignoring supply beacons on Aberration, even blue and yellow ones.

It seems that Supply Beacons totally ignore the server setting for LootQualityMultiplier (a typical Studio Wildcard oversight).
That can't be a game design decision, nobody needs 10 fish basket blueprints in one day from green, blue and yellow beacons.

Same goes to the glowsticks, you don't need that many and one can make glowsticks with a single punch against the green crystals that are spawning everywhere (not to mention the drops from earthquakes)

17 hours ago, PuffyPony said:

TBH it seems to me like they might be suffering the same problem that the old Island beacons used to have, where 90%+ of loot was Medium Crop Plot Blueprints, Compass Blueprints, and Water Jar Blueprints... except, ya know. Glowsticks. And Glowsticks. And more Glowsticks.

And then, then they took away the one good thing about Glowsticks in the last patch. Put them in the grinder for Crystal and Green Gems! GONE.

13 minutes ago, Palenor said:

And then, then they took away the one good thing about Glowsticks in the last patch. Put them in the grinder for Crystal and Green Gems! GONE.

LOL. Wildcard really hates fun huh. "Omg those poor scrubs are grinding glow sticks into crystal because we purposefully only put 6 crystal nodes on the whole map, let's pull the rug out from under their feet".  I swear to god they truly live just to antagonize their player base with heavy handed nerfs and broken features 

• Volunteer Moderator

I don't think they did prevent the Glow Sticks from being grinded for that reason. I mean, players were grinding then re-crafting them over and over for XP... And there is A LOT of Crystals on Aberration. Just check the map: https://ark.gamepedia.com/Resource_Map_(Aberration)

n2RvBJc.jpg

8 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

I don't think they did prevent the Glow Sticks from being grinded for that reason. I mean, players were grinding then re-crafting them over and over for XP... And there is A LOT of Crystals on Aberration. Just check the map: https://ark.gamepedia.com/Resource_Map_(Aberration)

The problem is that the majority of nodes are so spread out, and crystal nodes as a rule do not generally provide very many Crystals, that it's frustrating to try to harvest bulk amounts for some of the more-endgame stuff. Best method I've found is just to harvest gem nodes and then discard the gems, but even so, it sure ain't no Island or Center where you can go pop a crystal hotspot.

13 minutes ago, PuffyPony said:

The problem is that the majority of nodes are so spread out, and crystal nodes as a rule do not generally provide very many Crystals, that it's frustrating to try to harvest bulk amounts for some of the more-endgame stuff. Best method I've found is just to harvest gem nodes and then discard the gems, but even so, it sure ain't no Island or Center where you can go pop a crystal hotspot.

It's just harder to get (not as bad as oil ) compared to the center map where there is disgusting amounts of crystal 

48 minutes ago, Mjsechrest said:

It's just harder to get (not as bad as oil ) compared to the center map where there is disgusting amounts of crystal 

Yeah, I'll concede that the Center probably spoils us some with its Crystal spawns, but TBH even on the Island and Scorched, the distribution of Crystal is pretty concentrated, so even though they overall have a similar number of or fewer spawns than Aberration or Ragnarok, it's so much less aggravating to harvest it

On 1/14/2018 at 3:21 AM, Crows said:

After opening 100+ drops around Aberration, I've come to the conclusion that they are extremely underwhelming to the point where you don't even feel like opening them at times. Every single cave-styled drop around Aberration sucks. 

I know, the surface is where all the loot's at, which isn't so easy to get on official (especially pvp) servers without a rock drake. At least on other maps the drops weren't THIS BAD. Look at the Island, you have normal beacon drops which can drop decent items/BPs, then obviously greater loot drops from caves and underwater, etc. Look at the Center, then look at Rag, the Scorched Earth, they all have decent-ish and great drop loot, but on Aberration that's not the case.

It's like the normal drops on Aberration have the other map's OLD loot tables which got buffed because of how underwhelming they were. FYI I'm not asking for normal drops to consistently give Purple/MC/Ascendant Items/BPs, don't get me wrong - I'm just saying, after the... 30th+ Fish Basket BP, Crop Plot BP, GLOWSTICKS, a few Gems, Cable BPs, Pipe BPs, Wooden Dino Gate BPs, pieces of Ghillie, you start to see the difference. 

Yeah at times I've gotten some decent items from drops, like MC climbing Picks (premade) and Journeyman saddle BPs or a Pike, and Apprentice Flak, but the chances are so tiny that they're not enough. :ph34r:

Just sayin.

Unlike The Island and Center maps, Aberration seems to have two different types of drops: Easy drops and hard drops. The easy drops are spread out all around the cave and they provide rewards that are reflective of their ease of access. The drops on the surface, however, are pretty damned solid.

I like the way it was done in Aberration. If you want mediocre drops, hunt the caves. If you want good drops, go to the surface. You don't need a drake to do so. 4-5 half-decent ravagers, a couple of ziplines, and a few tries to get used to it are pretty much all you need.

4 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

Unlike The Island and Center maps, Aberration seems to have two different types of drops: Easy drops and hard drops. The easy drops are spread out all around the cave and they provide rewards that are reflective of their ease of access. The drops on the surface, however, are pretty damned solid.

I like the way it was done in Aberration. If you want mediocre drops, hunt the caves. If you want good drops, go to the surface. You don't need a drake to do so. 4-5 half-decent ravagers, a couple of ziplines, and a few tries to get used to it are pretty much all you need.

The problem is that mastercraft drops are extremely rare , and since the New Years event no one has found any ascendant bps or items at all (entire server). I'm all for rarity but the quality of the drops is so low that's I honestly don't think it's possible to find ascendant bps even In the cave drops on aberation. Also there is no way to get better tool bps (if im wrong correct me) and most of the upgraded tools we found came from nameless (can we make tool bps a rare nameless drop pleaseeee)

Archived