Lost Imprint.

Akherousia

So, I've set up a Nitrado server cluster and have been hopping between a Scorched Earth server and our main server on The Island. I've noticed that, despite using the same character I imprinted my dinosaur with, that same dinosaur doesn't get the imprint bonus when on Scorched Earth, but gains it back on The Island. Not a big deal. I just hatched a few new dinosaurs and imprinted them on Scorched to keep there.

I sign on a day or two later and when I mount those dinosaurs I don't see the symbol up top indicating that I'm receiving the imprint bonus. Is this a bug with the HUD, imprints on Scorched in general, or do I somehow lose that information if I travel between servers too much?

Anyone know?

• 2 weeks later...

Wait, are you saying that an imprinted tame brought onto a map that you hadn't imprinted it on is still supposed to retain the bonus, as long as you're using the same character?

I'm referring to tames that I hatched and imprinted on that map no longer having their imprint bonus, but now I'm curious if we were encountering this glitch from the start. The tames we brought over that had imprints from The Island didn't retain them on Scorched (or Ragnarok) but hatching new tames and imprinting on them did, but only temporarily and now those imprints are gone, too. My tribemate actually imprinted on an Argy just the other day and also didn't get the status icon for the imprint - but I can't be sure if it's an HUD issue or if the actual percentages were missing, too.

On 1/27/2018 at 1:45 AM, Akherousia said:

Wait, are you saying that an imprinted tame brought onto a map that you hadn't imprinted it on is still supposed to retain the bonus, as long as you're using the same character?

Yes, that is what i am saying.

The imprint is bound to the character and will carry over to any server you transfer the creature to.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2018 at 5:47 AM, Akherousia said:

Interesting. I read elsewhere that your character ID changes according to server, and that dinosaurs imprinted under you lose their imprint bonus when ridden on another server. Scorched isn't the only server we don't receive our imprints on, for example.

No, that is not how it works, if you travel with your character. If you make a new one then yes, it will have a different ID. No matter what you read, look at the countless videos on youtube. On all cross server raid videos you see the imprint bonus symbol on the rider.

• 2 months later...

I had the same problem with my rock drake. the problem may be, that it was not I who uploaded it, it was done by a tribe mate when we moved some dinos to the island and I no longer see the buff icon, and it does not say that it was imprinted on by player, the UI says:  tamed by [Tribename from new server]  and this happened to 2 of our rockdrakes. the 3-th one was imprinted by the same player that brought the drakes over and that one says Tamed by :Playername. so this must be it.

1 hour ago, shoetrax said:

I had the same problem with my rock drake. the problem may be, that it was not I who uploaded it, it was done by a tribe mate when we moved some dinos to the island and I no longer see the buff icon, and it does not say that it was imprinted on by player, the UI says:  tamed by [Tribename from new server]  and this happened to 2 of our rockdrakes. the 3-th one was imprinted by the same player that brought the drakes over and that one says Tamed by :Playername. so this must be it.

Check the inventory, it shows the name of the character who did the imprints. The window that pops up when you just look at them sometimes shows incorrect info.

On ‎30‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 4:47 AM, Akherousia said:

Interesting. I read elsewhere that your character ID changes according to server, and that dinosaurs imprinted under you lose their imprint bonus when ridden on another server. Scorched isn't the only server we don't receive our imprints on, for example.

Your survivor ID stays the same if you transfer to a different server via the supply crates or Obolisks.
Your survivor ID changes if you create a new character.

• 11 months later...

Archived