• Announcements

• Jatheish

ARK Sales!   12/20/17

For those who've yet to experience the joys of ARK, nows your chance to get in as we have a huge host of discounts across various platforms and regions! The discounts and sale length may vary so please continue reading for further sales information! PlayStation 4 (EU) Winter Sale! ARK will be participating in this year's PlayStation 4 Winter Sale! Discounts may vary based on region, so please double check to ensure you can get it in time! ARK: Survival Evolved ARK: Explorer’s Edition ARK: Season pass ARK: Scorched Earth Humble Bundle Sale! ARK: Survival Evolved ARK: Scorched Earth ARK: Season Pass
ShadyMexican

Ark fake 3gb update glitch (xbox one)

So i hop on my xbox wanting to play some ark and when i go to my games and app. I see an update for ark so i let it download at when i did it just disappeared immediately. So i didn't think much of it and started up the game. When i did it closed and told me to download a 3gb update, so i did and it did the same thing and disappeared. So i decided to restart my xbox to see if it will work and same issue. I fixed it by reconnecting to my wifi and it worked fine after that. Later i get off and when i hop back on the exact same issue happens. 

Is something wrong with the game files?

Note- Every other game runs smoothly starting up no issue. Only ARK.

Same here. I was playing earlier but couldn't get onto any servers, so I messed around in singleplayer. Then I thought I would try to get into servers again, but the game had to be reset and I can't get back in at all, and the update glitch is happening. I love this game a lot, but if it only is going to get worse from here on out, I think it might be time to call it quits. 

Xbox live is also partially down, so this may be causing some of the problems too. I have an X1S running ded server and X1X that I play on and both are having the same issue. There was a legit 3gb update this morning I downloaded on both, but now it's ghosting this other one now. I have reset everything including my router. Still the same problem.

32 minutes ago, Sobe44 said:

Xbox live is also partially down, so this may be causing some of the problems too. I have an X1S running ded server and X1X that I play on and both are having the same issue. There was a legit 3gb update this morning I downloaded on both, but now it's ghosting this other one now. I have reset everything including my router. Still the same problem.

I wonder how much is being caused by the xbox live outage too ? Looks like quiet a few services are down. Was playing fine after updating and then I get kicked off my nitrado server after a few hours. Then had the update glitch thing and I have sorted that, now I get stuck on 'joining session'.... 

Stop claiming "fake" update and do some research.

Xbox Live is having a lot of issues right now.
https://support.xbox.com/en-gb/xbox-live-status

The very first issue is related to: Affected services: Downloading items that you have already purchased.

10 minutes ago, GP said:

The very first issue is related to: Affected services: Downloading items that you have already purchased.

Not entirely convinced that the xbox live issue is the main cause of the problem at least for the update glitch. Not sure how long the xbox live services have been down for but it looks like the update problem has been a problem since the updates release yesterday going from the bug support on the forums and dev tracker. I could be wrong though. Am deffinatly attributing my difficulty join servers to the xbox live issue however.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, GP said:

My problem is partially due to a "fake" update because I did download the full update this morning before the Xbl outage and now the game is trying to update again with a "fake" update. I know it was a real update.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sobe44 said:

My problem is partially due to a "fake" update because I did download the full update this morning before the Xbl outage and now the game is trying to update again with a "fake" update. I know it was a real update.

But Xbox Live is having issues regarding downloads and who knows how long ago that started. it is likely to be what is causing the issues with it wanting to download again.

People here are too eager to point fingers, when Xbox Live is clearly having multiple problems and no-one here knows for certain when these issues started behind the scenes.

Edited by GP

5 minutes ago, ooStuStu said:

This is clearly an ARK issue ... we hatched so much stuff because of the event now nobody can get back on ... PUBG works fine ... every other game I have loaded works without issue... only ARK and multiple members are unable to get back in ... not Xbox ...WC is the problem

Just now, Dankodon said:

exactly my point:Melee_Damage:

43 minutes ago, GP said:

But Xbox Live is having issues regarding downloads and who knows how long ago that started. it is likely to be what is causing the issues with it wanting to download again.

People here are too eager to point fingers, when Xbox Live is clearly having multiple problems and no-one here knows for certain when these issues started behind the scenes.

And the update went live last night.. There was certainly none of this "Update" Trouble that I am experiencing now. Last night the update went live I downloaded it and opened the application. When promted with the server selection screen under "Join Ark". I noticed it would take literally 8000 years to connect to a server. After multiple hard resets and Router resets, I finally managed to get onto the game. Do I think its WC's fault? Ofc however the "Download issue" is seperate IMO. Either way you look at it, The game whether the download issue or not, You probably wont be able to log on anyways. so both really have raptored up. 

I reinstalled ark (xbox) and the expansions. This successfully got me past the 3gb update that kept canceling on its own. Now once on the server list, it's an endless "joining session" prompt. So one problem fixed and now onto another....any one else find a solution to this one?

Update: I was able to join a dedicated server. I am unable to join my server on the unofficial list that has 12/32 people in it

Edited by Nickmac1294