Uploading dinos to store them?

ToeiRei

Hi guys,

as I'm running my own server at home for LAN play, I was wondering if it's possible to (ab)use the obelisk up- and download for dino storage by giving the options in the GameUserSettings.ini extremely high values like 315360000 seconds (10 years)

TributeItemExpirationSeconds
TributeDinoExpirationSeconds
TributeCharacterExpirationSeconds

Some more background on this:

When I'm on my server we're about 1-3 playersin total. We're breeding quite some Dinos for the sake of babies as we love caring for them. (Yes, we recycle bad dinos). But the big problem is space (don't just tell me to expand my base or build a bigger one!). After having a breeding pool of about 5-10 animals the idea came up of uploading them for storage until we get the other dinos needed into the breeding environment. In the end obelisk uploads would be cross map compatible AND allow us to greatly reduce food costs.

Cheers

Rei

Hi guys,
as I'm running my own server at home for LAN play, I was wondering if it's possible to (ab)use the obelisk up- and download for dino storage by giving the options in the GameUserSettings.ini extremely high values like 315360000 seconds (10 years)
TributeItemExpirationSecondsTributeDinoExpirationSecondsTributeCharacterExpirationSeconds

Some more background on this:
When I'm on my server we're about 1-3 playersin total. We're breeding quite some Dinos for the sake of babies as we love caring for them. (Yes, we recycle bad dinos). But the big problem is space (don't just tell me to expand my base or build a bigger one!). After having a breeding pool of about 5-10 animals the idea came up of uploading them for storage until we get the other dinos needed into the breeding environment. In the end obelisk uploads would be cross map compatible AND allow us to greatly reduce food costs.
Cheers
Rei

Sounds like a great idea you have here!

There's a limit of 20 uploaded dinos per survivor, and they lose their inventory and saddles when you upload them.

I don't know if uploaded dinos would interfere with getting other dinos into the boss fight arenas - you'd have to test that.

Also check if uploaded dinos still need to be fed!

My problem would be my own memory...  I'd forget which were uploaded :-(

it's mostly an idea for small (home) servers as this would greatly break game balancing on big servers - and I'm not sure if there's a workaround to the dino upload limit.

On the other hand you got the upload screen holding an index which could help against bad memory. The tek transmitter would do the same thing...

I do this on all my servers at home for the same reasons. Just add the below to your startup command for your server.

?TributeItemExpirationSeconds=31536000?TributeDinoExpirationSeconds=31536000?TributeCharacterExpirationSeconds=31536000?MaxTributeDinos=273?MaxTributeItems=154

The numbers in that are not arbitrary. Whilst you can adjust the number of seconds pretty much as high as you like (the above gives a year) there is an issue with uploading large numbers that causes corruption if you upload more than 273 dinos or 154 items. Don't set it more than those or you will corrupt your store file (and keep backups of it just incase you do it by mistake).

21 minutes ago, IanHighlander said:

I do this on all my servers at home for the same reasons. Just add the below to your startup command for your server.

?TributeItemExpirationSeconds=31536000?TributeDinoExpirationSeconds=31536000?TributeCharacterExpirationSeconds=31536000?MaxTributeDinos=273?MaxTributeItems=154

The numbers in that are not arbitrary. Whilst you can adjust the number of seconds pretty much as high as you like (the above gives a year) there is an issue with uploading large numbers that causes corruption if you upload more than 273 dinos or 154 items. Don't set it more than those or you will corrupt your store file (and keep backups of it just incase you do it by mistake).

Are you able to enter boss fights while you have other dinos uploaded ?

Archived