I love ark I love the way everything is on it and the TLC phases to be released are a great change to see. However I would also like to see the Humans get some better looks to them females not too much because they are pretty much fine but the males... why does the face have to look like an 80 year old ball sack lol please at least add an aging slider or something to rid these wrinkles we're forced to have.

• Like 2

Hair styles, height differences, even weight differences are great distinguishing features, but seem to be the ONLY distinguishing factors between people. I wholly agree; can we get more options to make our characters truly our own? Go a la Skyrim style; add scars, dirt marks, maybe initial war paints? How about just being able to alter our faces completely? Make wacky skin colors as well? I just love the imagination factor of being able to go all-out on a character like that, rather than just accepting one of two models, change their height, and yeah, give them a suitable hairstyle.

• Like 2

I always thought the character and its animations were just placeholder in alpha and was sad to see this become the main model used for the main game. Would love to see an improved character creature added or just simply improved animations as well, also having the hight in which your character is repusented in where your view is would be great.

Perhaps someday they could also allow us to edit existing characters apperance again, could be something in tek?

yes Id say more customisation. more hair styles, more outfits and armors, more colors for skin and hair. better textures, better looking male characters.  and yes better animations for sure.. maybe even different types of races, Idk why but id like elf ears.. or even a aberration style human.  glowing hair or something. 

On 14.01.2018 at 6:51 AM, KalisaFox said:

I always thought the character and its animations were just placeholder in alpha and was sad to see this become the main model used for the main game. Would love to see an improved character creature added or just simply improved animations as well, also having the hight in which your character is repusented in where your view is would be great.

Perhaps someday they could also allow us to edit existing characters apperance again, could be something in tek?

or the SE mirror ? (no use right now on consoles) 

Posted (edited)

YES. PLEASE. WHAT THE HELL. Way too long to go without a player update, man.. 

These are the top *18* things that need to be looked at for humans.

1) We have a run .. and we have a run. Where the hell is our walk? Yes, let's have a social event! Let me jog back and forth between the bar and the beer barrel .. ? A walk, guys. Give. Us. A. Walk.

2) Weapon and gear realignments + very massive clipping issues with them. How come my shield clips so horribly through my leg as if it did not exist at all? Clearly, she is still standing on it .. how am I shooting my bow with my freaking pinky? Oh, right ... it's a game ... but games don't actually HAVE to look this stupid, you know? Flamethrower? What the hell is even going on there .. ? Why do you have a handle but no hand uses it? Oh, because of number 3 ...

3) Less Re-Use of same weapon animations for weapons that aren't even in the same weapon group. SOME, work ok. The lantern with the spear animation, for instance. Others, like usinf crossbow for every rifle, is beyond lazy.

4) Saddle Rider Placement Realignments. There's literally NO reason for you to have the human rider so horribly misaligned on 75% of ALL saddles. So when you guys updated the Bigfoot, did you look AT ALL at what the player is doing and the scarily painful looking position they are in when you pull your weapons out while riding him? Because it looks ABYSMAL. And VERY painful. I have to literally get off now before I use ziplines or weapons, since it looks THAT bad. Have you guys looked at what you did to the rider using a basilosaurus saddle on your ONLY whale? I did, because I like whales. Why is my feet phasing into both the terror bird's saddle, and both it's wings? Might as have not put them on there. Raptor saddles, ew. The many saddles you have in the game that have saddle horns positioned SO much higher than the player's hands. Why? Not great at planning ahead, huh guys? That's ok, it's only one of the primary deciding factors for game longevity .. -rolls eyes-

5) New human animations. What are we robots? Yeah, kinda I guess .. but still, they are very, very bad. This goes hand in hand with 3, obviously.

6) WAY MORE EMOTES. Very sad small list, guys. Even worse is how you acquire them on some systems. 

7) Human activated Creature Emotes. How is this still not a thing?

8) Human gear reskins and refits. WHY THE HELL DO WE NOT HAVE WEARABLE PELTS?? Fur and hide do NOT resemble caveman pelts. Try again, or add more. You are good at needlessly adding more crap, so do it for humans.

9) Knives. ....... ??????????

10) Hair under hats and more hairstyles/facial hair and makeups.

11) Way more tribal skins and masks. No bone jewelry? Only a few masks? Most of which actually really suck? Sucky hats?

12) Equipment Skin Systems TLC. It is VERY lacking. Eye skins, glasses/vamp eyes, should be seperated from other skins, and made to able to wear with the hat it's attached to without replacing the hat itself. Also need hair under hat skins.

13) More Consistent Animations with Player Camera View Perspectives. We punch with both hands in first person. Only 1 in third, which may as well be the only valid view perspective as everyone YOU see will use this. Proper gun reloading animation per gun variant, in 1st. Proper third person reloading doesn't even really exist for many weapons, unless if using crossbow or harpoon gun. Even then, there is no reload animation for any of these ranged weapons while human is in prone position. Pump shotgun .. is never actually pumped in third person. Zooming in animations in 1st person for ranged weapons does not exist either in third person.

14) Better Placement of Items in Hands. Most of the grenades .. why they going into my wrist, guys?

15) No More Bobbing Left and Right like a Dork While Running and Doing MANY Activities At The Same Time, such as holding dodos or beetles or archas, or loading and reloading rifles, or holding the map or compass, or even whistling.

16) Better Placement of Shoulder Mounts and Carry-able Animals. The only hand that is actually holding onto a leg when your character is holding an archaeopteryx over their head, is the left. The right looks like it's grabbing a leg too, but it's actually grabbing air instead. To make this situation even WORSE, you actually bound the damn right hand to the archa itself. You can test this by giving your female human the widest shoulder setting. What this does is it makes the left hand also not grab a leg anymore, as the right hand that's at a fixed location on the archa pulls it right as the shoulder widens. Yet, the right hand NEVER changes. TBH it looks so bad it actually renders the archa unusable for me. Heartbreaking to feel like crap handling the world's first bird and one of the first full fossils found in the 1800's. Not sure if true for males but it's definitely there for women.

17) Female Player Specific Discrepancies in Comparison to Male Players. It seems like you use many of the same item placement alignments on the hand for females that you use for males. You cannot do this. It causes problems for us lady players. It is kind of unfair, also, considering this is the only playable species. Coincidentally (or not) you also do the same thing with many rider placements on the saddles, where the male inevitably looks more aligned and less clipped through in many instances simply because you decided to design them with only males sitting on the damn saddles. The hell?

18) Extra Melee Weapon Animations. It would be really nice to have more than ONE swing animation for melee weapons, don't you think .. ? -_-

That's a higher number of listed numbers of problems and things needing changes than any other ONE creature in your game. 

TLC the Human, PLEASE, since you won't let us be animals yet.

Edited by MegafunaRules
  • Like 3

On 3/14/2018 at 9:22 PM, MegafunaRules said:

17) Female Player Specific Discrepancies in Comparison to Male Players. It seems like you use many of the same item placement alignments on the hand for females that you use for males. You cannot do this. It causes problems for us lady players. It is kind of unfair, also, considering this is the only playable species. Coincidentally (or not) you also do the same thing with many rider placements on the saddles, where the male inevitably looks more aligned and less clipped through in many instances simply because you decided to design them with only males sitting on the damn saddles. The hell?

would love more hair options for girls. I want to make my girl more feminine too xD

49 minutes ago, Jamage007 said:

When I got the game I thought the character creator was ok for an early access game and just figured it would be greatly improved by release. Well we all know we still have the same horrible creator and for a full release game its garbage.

Sounds a bit weird xD but i do agree strongly, character creation in ARK is strongly limited, i mean, one bar in ARK' character creation changes too many things. Character creation system should be more detailed.