reaper queen Quick reaper queen FAQ

s710

So I know where the queens are, I know how to build a trap and get pregnant, I managed to gather 14 pheromone glands, and now I'm ready to do it. I have a few questions to those who already did it:

1. How many glands will I need in the process of raising the baby?
  2. Will the level of the queen which gets me pregnant be of importance, or can I just get pregnant from a level 1 one?
  3. How much time will I have to gather XP once I am pregnant?
  4. Whats the recommended way to max out XP once pregnant? Just go crazy with a rock drake and KoS everything, or maybe craft something?
  5. What should be taken care of to not lose the baby? I've heard radiation kills the baby (which is weird because I will get pregnant in the radiated area oO), and I've heard that dying will not kill the baby, but reset the gathered XP + timer
  6. Anything else?

Thanks for your help guys :)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. You only need gland everytime you wanna imprint it i think. Some say you can feed it without using gland. Glands are also only needed in the baby phase, when it reaches juvenile stage it doesnt attack you anymore and listens to your whistles

2. Yes the reaper queens level determines what level your baby is gonna be, additionally you can farm up to 75 bonus lvls while pregnant. So you should look for higher lvl ones. The highest lvl baby you can get is from a 150 queen with additionally 75 bonus lvls for a lvl 225 baby

3. You are pregnant for a total of 12 hours and thats also your time to get the XP. Supposedly the timer also pauses if you leave the game so you dont have to keep playing for 12 hrs.

4. You can go crazy and kill everything. If you're going for the kill method go along the rivers and kill Spinos. Spinos give more XP than any other creature on abberation except for alphas. Keeping an eye out for alphas is also a good idea. You can also PREPARE for farming XP. Our Tribe for example, we pre breed high lvl Spino eggs and then once pregnant we hatch and kill our own baby Spinos. 4 or 5 lvl 220+ babys and you're maxed out. Easy

5. As long as you're wearing a hazard suit the baby is not going to die even in the radiation zone. Just prepare and bring 2 or 3 Sets of Suits with you. Dying resets everything but the baby is still alive

24 minutes ago, Danielnz00 said:

setup a trap for queens lure them into it and kill them for xp, you will level very fast

Dont use traps unless you are in singleplayer.... Seen too many traps littering the map, killing spawns. Get yourself a single drake with good melee and hp and you can accomplish the same, use plant zs to heal as they are everywhere down there. Its easier to kill it on the spot than kite it, anyway.

3 hours ago, Danielnz00 said:

no way, thats sucide, play it safe, make a trap, lure the queens back somewhere where you have control

A rock drake, with a charge pet, is definitely NOT suicide. I have killed multiple without any issues. It is much less of a hassle to kill the queen where it is than to kite it all the way back with it hitting you the whole time, which not only wastes time that you could use to kill another queen, but also makes you take more damage in the long run. You have control anywhere. If the battle ends up being too hard, say in the rare occasion 4 of them are on you, climb on the ceiling or glide away. Traps are totally unnecessary and just kill spawns because people want to build them right on top of key dino spawnspoints. (on my official server, karkinos barely spawn in the green zone because of traps. I do not want this to happen to queens either.)

Drakes allow more mobility and let you seek out queens and kill them on the spot. Plant zs litter the entire red zone. Any battle damage is healed in an instant.

On 1/13/2018 at 8:15 AM, s710 said:
  • How many glands will I need in the process of raising the baby? You only need glands during the baby phase - 8 Hours of feeding. I eats more if you have a bunch pepo
  • Will the level of the queen which gets me pregnant be of importance, or can I just get pregnant from a level 1 one?
  • How much time will I have to gather XP once I am pregnant?
  • Whats the recommended way to max out XP once pregnant? Just go crazy with a rock drake and KoS everything, or maybe craft something?
  • What should be taken care of to not lose the baby? I've heard radiation kills the baby

1. You will need enough to get it through the Baby phase - 8 hours, this will depend on the max food value it has, higher value, less number of feedings needed. You will need to apply one everytime you need to feed until it reaches Juvenile. Things to reduce the amount of food it consumes, do not have others near it in the same room, space. This makes them go crazy and eat like crazy. Light sources in the room seem to affect food consumption, not 100% on this, but we keep ours outside the room on the roof with a greenhouse ceiling so you can see when you are in the room. In short 30 Pheromones should do it just fine. Most used in the first couple hours.

2. Yes, if you want a high-level Reaper, get pregnant with highest Queen you can find. The birth level will be Queen level + Levels gained during pregnancy (max 75).

3. 12 Hours of ONLINE Time, time does not decrease while you are offline.

4. Kill more Queens = Fastest way to max exp. BUT Do not fight them in the Red/RAD areas.

5.The only thing that will abort the pregnancy is RADIATION. SO Do not go there, then it cant happen.

12 hours ago, Danielnz00 said:

no way, thats sucide, play it safe, make a trap, lure the queens back somewhere where you have control

I use the same tactic as wazzamaniac. Its easy once u have a good drake. 

I use the same tactic for getting pregnant as well. No trap, just drake. A trap limits you to 1 spot and the inpregnation often fails because of dinogates blocking the queen

1. If your gonna try hard hand feed it the entire time, your gonna want around 40-90 pheromone depending on how often you want to check its food stacks. If your gonna fill your entire inventory with meat at let it kill you after it can hold a bit of meat on its own, I only used two pheromone last time, as the baby collects your full inventory of meat and is good for entire baby stage. It is only hostile during baby stage, you only need pheromones during that time.

2. Lvl matters as said above by others.

3. Twelve hours until it bursts from your chest.

4. I've gotten the +75 levels two ways. Running up and down the river Killin piranhas and coel in the trilobyte area. Exp, oil and pearls. When the fish are gone at that spot I just de render by hunting spinos for a bit (spinos give amazing exp for reaper baby) I've gotten +75 levels doing this in 90 minutes.The second way is killing reaper queens. This can take anywhere between 1 and 4 hours  of Hardcore queen slaying, depending on the levels of the queens. This gets you plenty of extra glands too. Fish are easy but having extra glands is nice. Hatching spinos is a fantastic idea.

5. One tick of radiation immediately aborts the baby.Build its own pen for baby stage away from everything else. It's hostile and can jump over single high walls impossibly fast. I do a 3x3 with a dino gate. If it aggros as a baby its food drops about 500 points a second, and it'll power through the food In its inventory. Don't let your teammates in to look at it unless your supervising and filling it with food. Even if they use a gland it's still hostile. 

6. Queens can impregnate you of the back of your own reaper. Once you get one it's terribly easy to get more. 

fastest way. I personally have 7 all over 135 minimum pre prego

Find a clean open area kite reaper there. Beat it down low(less than 1k hp if possible down to about 500. Turn your light off. Wait for spin(ty to wazz i think who mentioned that) hop off and back on ur dino will trigger the grab. As you are being grabbed get tribemate to come up with light on and as soon as you are dropped back up a couple steps and shotgun kill it as fast as you can. A 145 on 2x is worth 49k xp and will be about 70 levels. a 130 is worth like 62 levels. From there farm reapers. beat them low, then shotgun them for the kill for max xp. If you wanna build some sort of trap most useful thing i found(and this is only to simplify farming the reapers) is a wall of pillars. stand on other side of wall and chomp em where they cant push u back or under the map.

As for birthing. Dont bother with pheremone. Load urself max with meat you can hold, nothing else(right before might even get extra meat dropped on ground dependent on carry weight and try to max slot, pick it up immediately after claiming baby bc u wont be able to move). hop in ur confined box. birth, claim, wait for baby to eat you. Keep some spoiled meat in case baby takes to long to kill you and u need to keep hp closer to death(dont kill urself with spoilt). This will give you a baby who aint gotta be touched til imprint.

Added: I do use a pheremone to chk and make sure it got the meats. FYI this will likely get nerfed and you will need a bunch of pheremone. Calculate 2 mins per pheremone per amount of time it takes for them to hold on their own about a row or two. Then just pop one each time you need to recheck food til after baby. 

On 1/15/2018 at 11:30 AM, BaldBudgie said:

I use the same tactic as wazzamaniac. Its easy once u have a good drake. 

I use the same tactic for getting pregnant as well. No trap, just drake. A trap limits you to 1 spot and the inpregnation often fails because of dinogates blocking the queen

Until u get stomped under the map

1 hour ago, Wazzamaniac said:

That happens versus like every dino on the map.

You cant just stop playing because of that. It happens often but far from every single time (hasnt happened to me yet, my drake is over 200k xp accumulated)

i got one over 500k xp shoved and killed last night. tribe is up to about 15 drakes shoved under the world by either reaps or drakes. One thing seems to help sometimes get it back out before perma stuck. keep plenty of stam. low stam and pushed under you toast. but keep at least half(i know it is annoying) then when shoved hop repetitively. This has saved me prob 10  times. I also believe sticky increases chances. keep sticky off walk backward as you fight if at all possible and avoid the bumpy black rock of death.

6 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

i got one over 500k xp shoved and killed last night. tribe is up to about 15 drakes shoved under the world by either reaps or drakes. One thing seems to help sometimes get it back out before perma stuck. keep plenty of stam. low stam and pushed under you toast. but keep at least half(i know it is annoying) then when shoved hop repetitively. This has saved me prob 10  times. I also believe sticky increases chances. keep sticky off walk backward as you fight if at all possible and avoid the bumpy black rock of death.

Yep, did happen a lot to tribemates. But then again theyve been down there nonstop.

The only thing that came close for me was being teabagged by an alpha crab with my crab fully submerged under the map; as you said spamming jump made me come out of the ground halfway, then pop right out.

Was extremely frigtened as that crab has 47 pts in melee and that was right after taming it...

I'm tryna do a solo reaper tame. 

1. What's the minimum amount of equipment needed to get impregnated? I'm thinking all I need is a riot shield, 3 sets of radiation armor, a drake and a charge pet. Would this work? 

2. How do you get impregnated without a trap? Fight the queen with a drake, shoot it with a crossbow to get aggro, wait for it to grab me off the drake?

3. You can feed the baby reaper by letting it kill you? It will take all the meat from your inventory?

8 minutes ago, TheSnives said:

I'm tryna do a solo reaper tame. 

1. What's the minimum amount of equipment needed to get impregnated? I'm thinking all I need is a riot shield, 3 sets of radiation armor, a drake and a charge pet. Would this work? 

2. How do you get impregnated without a trap? Fight the queen with a drake, shoot it with a crossbow to get aggro, wait for it to grab me off the drake?

3. You can feed the baby reaper by letting it kill you? It will take all the meat from your inventory?

Minimum gear: 2-3 sets of hazmat, drake, charge pet. Good to go, no need for shield. The idea is that to activate the impregnation attack, you have to be dismounted (some people claim it can do it without dismounting but it doesnt work for me). So, I wait for the attack with the longest cooldown, the tailspin. Right after she does it, dismount and immediately remount before she bites you. It may take a couple tries but eventually she will sniff the ground, then snatch you off your mount. To get this you have to beat it to near death until a pink cloud is above her head, then turn off your charge pet.

And yes you can feed the baby reaper that way.

Archived