Sign in to follow this  
DarkEliteH2

Issues with downloading patch

...Anyone else having a problem downloading on their Xbox One (X) console?

Granted, it could be exactly what Microsoft is saying on its error code support page, but seeing as how everyone else isn't complaining (or is, but on a completely different issue), I might be the oddball here.

To make things short; Microsoft's page claims my console needs an update, but it 'isn't available' at this time. Weird, right? Which is why I can't download ARK's latest patch. Every time I try to, it says it'll install, and right when it goes in to my queue, it just disappears. And like clockwork, whenever I go to launch the game, it just brings up an error code.

I've tried a hard shutdown of my console--twice--and even tried to manually update my console, but considering there's no update to be found. . .

Blasphemous, am I right?

I really hope it doesn't resort to me having to reinstall the ENTIRE game on my console, or I may very well never play again. . .Out of rage? Oh, absolutely not. I mean I'll never see the light of day again. It'll take me AT LEAST a year to download the game, its content, DLC's, and ALL its patches if I'm lucky :')

Edited by DarkEliteH2

Are you using a laptop? If I have such problems I run to laundromat and download major patch files. At the very least a McDonalds. Wifi, which I mostly rely on, can be slow enough, with enough packet loss for me to get errors like what you are talking about. 

If you are using a desktop, well good luck. I've  never played this game the way it should be played yet. 

2 minutes ago, FraggleRock said:

Are you using a laptop? If I have such problems I run to laundromat and download major patch files. At the very least a McDonalds. Wifi, which I mostly rely on, can be slow enough, with enough packet loss for me to get errors like what you are talking about. 

If you are using a desktop, well good luck. I've  never played this game the way it should be played yet. 

I appreciate your advice, but I'm using the Xbox One X. I have a tag flagging it as such.

Though you did give me incentive to put it more clearly in my post :>

Just now, FraggleRock said:

OOOooohhh! My bad. Well it still sounds like an internet issue. Is your xbox hooked to the internet with a cable? 

Eeeh, I don't think it's an internet issue, 'cause right after making this post, I played a round of Halo without issue.

But, I'm connected via wifi. It's not the best connection in the world, but it is connected.

You are not alone on the matter every time we try to install the update it vanishes an reappears in the update list. I tried everything from shutting down the console, disconnecting power source, ethernet cable, and uninstalling an reinstalling the game completely an still no change on my XBOX ONE. An it wasnt just mine it was my fiance's console as well. Sadly this is seriously gonna effect the fan base for this title as well as patiants from other users experiancing the same issue. I'm still searching for a solution with no luck.

10 minutes ago, Turok1988 said:

You are not alone on the matter every time we try to install the update it vanishes an reappears in the update list. I tried everything from shutting down the console, disconnecting power source, ethernet cable, and uninstalling an reinstalling the game completely an still no change on my XBOX ONE. An it wasnt just mine it was my fiance's console as well. Sadly this is seriously gonna effect the fan base for this title as well as patiants from other users experiancing the same issue. I'm still searching for a solution with no luck.

Oh, it's happening as we speak lmfao

The salt is oozing out of the Bugs and Support forum right now.

The good news is it seems the update has downloaded. . .You'd think that'd be the end of it, correct?

Nah. Bad news is, I can't join my server. Once I get past the loading screen after I hit accept on a highlighted server, I'm stuck there. Doesn't matter how long you wait; 2 minutes, 15 minutes, go an hour, nothing happens.

Tried the 'offline switcheroo' twice, but to no avail.

Don't think we'll be getting a fix anytime soon. It's Saturday; most everyone's weekend away from work. Probably won't hear anything from WC until Monday.

They probably have noticed and are scrambling in a panic to fix it but they wont reply till they have a reasonable explanation or an apology once they have a solution. Its not the first time they had an issue with an update, but at least the update would load but in this case its a constant fail to load the update. The Console sees it as it needs a console update but there isnt one. Unless WC made an update too soon for Microsoft to release the console coding to use the update. Much like the 4k update for the One X capability. But my fiance tried dozens of times to log on our server before she got through but it throws me off that the server is running fine but our other 2 consoles cant even load the game :( 

28 minutes ago, Turok1988 said:

They probably have noticed and are scrambling in a panic to fix it but they wont reply till they have a reasonable explanation or an apology once they have a solution. Its not the first time they had an issue with an update, but at least the update would load but in this case its a constant fail to load the update. The Console sees it as it needs a console update but there isnt one. Unless WC made an update too soon for Microsoft to release the console coding to use the update. Much like the 4k update for the One X capability. But my fiance tried dozens of times to log on our server before she got through but it throws me off that the server is running fine but our other 2 consoles cant even load the game :( 

Then here's to hoping there'll be a fix before the close of today. . .'cause I was gonna dedicate a good chunk of this day to my rebuilding effort :c

2 minutes ago, Turok1988 said:

I hope they do as well cause I have a good sum of ppl who take part in our server who will be rather upset if they cant play esp. since we just started up the new map not a week ago.

Well, just make sure to throw out a message to your peeps (if you can) and let them know the game's having issues. If they aren't aware now, they will be then