• Announcements

• Jatheish

ARK Sales!   12/20/17

For those who've yet to experience the joys of ARK, nows your chance to get in as we have a huge host of discounts across various platforms and regions! The discounts and sale length may vary so please continue reading for further sales information! PlayStation 4 (EU) Winter Sale! ARK will be participating in this year's PlayStation 4 Winter Sale! Discounts may vary based on region, so please double check to ensure you can get it in time! ARK: Survival Evolved ARK: Explorer’s Edition ARK: Season pass ARK: Scorched Earth Humble Bundle Sale! ARK: Survival Evolved ARK: Scorched Earth ARK: Season Pass
Sign in to follow this  
BleedingSiren88

Can you upload dinos, change maps and redownload them?

So, I'm not exactly sure how to phrase my question for the best clarity but I'm going to try. I have an unofficial server that is currently set to the Aberration map and I want to switch it to Ragnarok. If I upload my tames at an obelisk before changing the map, will I be able to download them to the new map once the change is done?

My thought process is that ideally it will go as follows:

1. Upload dinos at obelisk on Aberration map.

2. Change server settings to use Ragnarok map.

3. Download Aberration tames to Ragnarok.

Does anyone if this can be done? Any help/input to confirm or deny if this can be done would be fantastic. Thank you!

3 hours ago, BleedingSiren88 said:

1. Upload dinos at obelisk on Aberration map.

2. Change server settings to use Ragnarok map.

3. Download Aberration tames to Ragnarok.

Are you playing single player?

Do you want to transfer dinos from an unofficial to another unofficial?

If it's single player......I believe in my own little mind.......that #2 is what prevents "uploading/downloading" dinos versus a server/map transfer.

8 hours ago, FraggleRock said:

Are you playing single player?

Do you want to transfer dinos from an unofficial to another unofficial?

If it's single player......I believe in my own little mind.......that #2 is what prevents "uploading/downloading" dinos versus a server/map transfer.

It's actually a single unofficial server. I want to upload my tames from aberration, change it to ragnarok and then re-download them to the same server, just different map.