Sign in to follow this  
cloud02zz

Reaper Slight buff And Ability to climb walls.

Ello guys i'm lokidoki. :D I've played ark for about two years now and i love this game. I love dinos xD. I'm making this suggestion thread for the Reaper on abberation.

I feel the reaper is vastly weaker than other alpha dinos like spinos and megalos. Theyre Dmg  growth and lack of saddles and mate boost just makes them so sub par compared to those dinos on the map turning them into hollow vanity tame. I know that you guys didnt wan't release a "new giga" like before but I feel the reaper should have better DMG and the same damage reduction or higher if there are no mate boosted mechanics added.

An alternative you could add to the reaper is give it a 100 dmg base and give it a static 70% dmg reduction with no light along with a buff that doesn't allow nameless to spawn around. Making it truly feel like you've tamed a "Alpha" predator.

The second suggestion is allowing reapers to climb walls like drakes. Wild reapers and queens are able to dig in the ground, why can't tamed ones just "dig their claws" on the walls and climb like that? This would give the reaper much better mobility but still weaker than rock drakes in the mobility side of the spectrum and play off the "xenomorph" concept that they're based off from. 

Edited by cloud02zz

3 minutes ago, cloud02zz said:

Ello guys i'm lokidoki. :D I've played ark for about two years now and i love this game. I love dinos xD. I'm making this suggestion thread for the Reaper on abberation.

I feel the reaper is vastly weaker than other alpha dinos like spinos and megalos. Theyre Dmg  growth and lack of saddles and mate boost just makes them so sub par compared to those dinos on the map turning them into hollow vanity tame. I know that you guys didnt wan't release a "new giga" like before but I feel the reaper should have better DMG and the same damage reduction or higher if there are no mate boosted mechanics added.

An alternative you could add to the reaper is give it a 100 dmg base and give it a static 70% dmg reduction with no light along with a buff that doesn't allow nameless to spawn around. Making it truly feel like you've tamed a "Alpha" predator.

The second suggestion is allowing reapers to climb walls like drakes. Wild reapers and queens are able to dig in the ground, why can't tamed ones just "dig their claws" on the walls and climb like that? This would give the reaper much better mobility but still weaker than rock drakes in the mobility side of the spectrum and play off the "xenomorph" concept that they're based off from. 

Youll be glad to know that after the last patch they did in fact buff its darkness resistance to 70% :)

44 minutes ago, cloud02zz said:

I didn't even see that on the patch notes :D Im so glad!

Yeah they weren't very specific :)

I do like the wall-climbing ideas. It'd almost be neat for the Reaper to have two separate "modes" if you will, one in which it's more active (featuring the jump) and one in which it acts more like a stalker or predator (featuring wall climb)

Yeah ! Like the mode for the drake, from wall/to ground. Even give it a slight move speed decrease, but i feel it would be the a great addition to its mechanics. It would remove its need to "jump" even, as the jump mechanic is so wanky. Or Keep it but the ability to climb would give it a really cool mechanic to play with, plus allow it to become more ground worthy of a mount.