Building restrictions

Gelantious

Wanted to build a base at the bottom (where you can find the black pearls) to setup a teleporter (s+) so I don't have to dive down and climb up on a drake seventyeleven times a day. But just like the easiest starting location it seems building is blocked there.

So... any server commands to enable this?
Rather bothersome that large parts of the map is blocked like this.

Nope, even though there are several server settings available:

?EnableExtraStructurePreventionVolumes=false
?PvEAllowStructuresAtSupplyDrops=true
AllowCaveBuildingPvE=True
(to name three for example)

But they don't do squat in Aberration, kinda developers choice... but it would be nice to leave that to the server owner if building is allowed down there or not...
Same goes to the poorly made Ragnarok map which completely ignores server settings for cave building and prevention volumes at all.

• 6 months later...
On 1/13/2018 at 2:30 PM, Gelantious said:

S+ just updated and added configs to enable building in the restricted areas.

ARK would be a terrible game if not for orionsun.

@Gelantious
I've been looking everywhere and can't seem to find anything about this config you mentioned, has it been removed or can I just not find it?
If you could point me in the right direction that'd be super helpful, thanks.

22 hours ago, Werlsern said:

@Gelantious
I've been looking everywhere and can't seem to find anything about this config you mentioned, has it been removed or can I just not find it?
If you could point me in the right direction that'd be super helpful, thanks.

Sadly it was removed shortly after due to a bug which caused all buildings to be wiped in the area every time the server was restarted.

Don't think he's been able to fix it as I can't recall reading anything about it since, and haven't played on abberation much either.

6 hours ago, Gelantious said:

Sadly it was removed shortly after due to a bug which caused all buildings to be wiped in the area every time the server was restarted.

Don't think he's been able to fix it as I can't recall reading anything about it since, and haven't played on abberation much either.

I assumed this might be the case, thanks for letting me know. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived