Community Crunch 114: Dino TLC, Console Ragnarok, Sales, & NVIDIA Freestyle!

Jen

These TLC passes are looking gorgeous!! Are you implementing a fear mechanic with the Rex roar? Because that would be awesome!! Especially since it's the successor of the Yutyrannus. If I can make some suggestions. The Spino is definitely in need of love. It would satisfy the spino fan base all around if it could go back and forth between walking on two legs and four kinda like the way the Iguanadon does. If it walks on all four, it could be stronger and have harvest different meat like more fish meat from fish and more raw meat from land animals. If it were to walk on two, it could move faster, have a shorter turn radius and could harvest more hide from carcasses, It could also use a claw swipe attack as well while bipedal. A roar overhaul I think would also be benificial. The rex, yuty and giga both sound terrifying   but the spino I feel has been left out.

These TLC passes are looking gorgeous!! Are you implementing a fear mechanic with the Rex roar? Because that would be awesome!! Especially since it's the successor of the Yutyrannus. If I can make some suggestions. The Spino is definitely in need of love. It would satisfy the spino fan base all around if it could go back and forth between walking on two legs and four kinda like the way the Iguanadon does. If it walks on all four, it could be stronger and have harvest different meat like more fish meat from fish and more raw meat from land animals. If it were to walk on two, it could move faster, have a shorter turn radius and could harvest more hide from carcasses, It could also use a claw swipe attack as well while bipedal. A roar overhaul I think would also be benificial. The rex, yuty and giga both sound terrifying   but the spino I feel has been left out. I would like to also suggest, at least all the carnivorous mounts (dinosaurs especially) should all be able to roar. The roars don't need a purpose, but it would be nice to show off those terrifying teeth and hear the voice of the thing that's about to kill ya, before it kills ya

I'm a little biased to say it, but I'd really like to see some improvement in the Spino as well. I'm the Standing Spino modder and I created that mod mostly because I felt like the Spino didn't get much love. Even in Aberration, with no Rexes or Gigas or even Allosaurs the Spino still wasn't something significant. People would still rather use Megalosaurs in boss fights than Spinos. Now I know the Spino didn't have a strong bite like the Rex, but why don't make it more agile then? Or able to switch stance to attack faster, or with claws like I did in the mod (I'm not trying to self promote, I just really feel like this dino has no use anymore). I know Wildcard would love some more variety in dinos in boss fights or even in normal gameplay and that may revive that fire!

I'd like to see a remodeled Quetzal, Giga, and Mosasaur.

Also, I think the raptor need some new perks, like having a pack bonus and an alpha bonus. It would also be cool if they could jump on, and cling to big creatures, such as anything bigger than a paracer(Brontos, rexes, gigas, diplos, etc.), and have sort of similar to the wold where it makes its call and the pack spreads out ans surrounds the creature, attacking from all sides. Should also have a higher jump.

The spino should also have it's own roar I think too. 

The Mosa should be able to jump out of the water and grab things such as birds and do a significant amount of damage to anything it drags into the water, holding it for 5 seconds if it doesn't kill it, and doing tic damage per second.

Some things for the Quetzal, maybe it can pick up small creatures and throw them with its beak?

The Giga could have a slowing effect with its bite maybe, or it can pick people off of their tames and eat them, or be able to target specific areas of the body to strike to cause significant damage.

Kind of off topic, it would be cool if you could paint certain regions of an animal, and add new colors to the dye kit. Because some of us are perfectionists and like our tames to look sharp, painted or not, and it takes so much repainting, erasing and time to make it look badass. 

Edited by Lilith960

Also, I must say the new models look great. I just think that the Rex could have few feathers here and there, don't need much, but that would give it a bit more customization. Also the mouth being a bit lifted makes it look like its brushing its teeth, kinda seems a bit weird. But you guys nailed it in the mean looking appearence

All creatures done before (and in) the northwest mountainous region on the island should receive updates. Especially Deod and Ankylo as far as models go. And dimorphodon... I think the moschops (and lystro) is a pretty weird looking thing too... It looks too stiff. And not that loveable.

The phomia is kind of useless atm as well, so it could use some new tricks. It'd be great if the oviraptor collected eggs and kept them fresher. And the having the dimetrodon around to keep eggs at the right temperature would be great. Pachy and the parasaur are kind of useless. I think it would be great if the pelagornis could dive underwater if you hit C or something. The scorpion would be nice if he had a no damage, just knock out "attack". Araneo should have a web attack that acts as a bola. The tortoise should have a tank ability, to draw "fire" from attacking creatures. (You could add a sea variant as well, since the tortoise is a not a turtle). All shoulder mounts prior to the Jerboa need more purpose (compete for my love, damn it!)

If you feel stumped at what a small, or beginner level creature should do, make one of them scare off those evil thief birds, and another one that acts as bug repellant.

And a dodorex makeover would likely be very well received. 

all those dinos and mammals look awesome ! I'd like the same to be done on ther mosasaurus, the ichtyosaurus, the dunkleosteus and at the same time change the lieuploreudon mechanic so it could be a permanent tame, more present on the map as one of the top predators of the sea. And it would be awesome if there were an ocean food chain, with some creatures being other creatures natural preys. Thanks for these awesome news.

Turret changes? I mean, it's like plugging a hole on a sinking titanic with a thumb. You do realize that you are killing the game? Just check how many players you lost on officials despite the thing that there's a DLC thats new still luring them to play? You will just make mega tribes pepper whole map with small towers. It will be EVEN WORSE then before. But hell, you never actually think before doing something....

I couldn't begin to express my joy when I heard about the Dino TLC. The devs at Studio Wildcard have done it again is showing how much they care and want to give us the best experience as possible with ARK!

If I could make an suggestion for a couple of Dinosaurs to be included in the update, I'd suggest the Trike, the Pachy, and the Pachyrhino.

The Trike came to mind, because one thing I never liked was how small its model is. I'd suggest giving it a bigger, more smooth looking model. Nothing TOO big or fancy, but a bit more realistic, since that seems what the TLC's aim is for the creatures it's affecting. Triceratops was the largest of the horned Dinosaurs, and when I run into Trikes in my adventures on the island, I expect to seem them in epic fights with T-Rex, their arch enemies!

Much like the Trike, I felt like the Pachys are too small. Fossil records show that most Pachycepholosaurai could be as tall as a person. I'd also recommend giving it a buff of allowing players to steer and control when they use its charge attack. It's really tedious having to stop and turn around mid-charge and be locked with no maneuverability. See if you can change that if you please?

The Pachyrhino I feel is okay as is model-wise, but there's a small glitch it and the Trike share. Whenever they move their eyes around, some pixels appear and spike out around the bottom corners of the frills on the back of their heads. It's VERY distracting.

Other than that, keep up the good work, everyone at Studio Wildcard! I can't wait to see what else you have planned for us in the Dino TLC!

Edited by Ian1the1Survivalist

5 hours ago, Ian1the1Survivalist said:

I couldn't begin to express my joy when I heard about the Dino TLC. The devs at Studio Wildcard have done it again is showing how much they care and want to give us the best experience as possible with ARK!

If I could make an suggestion for a couple of Dinosaurs to be included in the update, I'd suggest the Trike, the Pachy, and the Pachyrhino.

The Trike came to mind, because one thing I never liked was how small its model is. I'd suggest giving it a bigger, more smooth looking model. Nothing TOO big or fancy, but a bit more realistic, since that seems what the TLC's aim is for the creatures it's affecting. Triceratops was the largest of the horned Dinosaurs, and when I run into Trikes in my adventures on the island, I expect to seem them in epic fights with T-Rex, their arch enemies!

Much like the Trike, I felt like the Pachys are too small. Fossil records show that most Pachycepholosaurai could be as tall as a person. I'd also recommend giving it a buff of allowing players to steer and control when they use its charge attack. It's really tedious having to stop and turn around mid-charge and be locked with no maneuverability. See if you can change that if you please?

The Pachyrhino I feel is okay as is model-wise, but there's a small glitch it and the Trike share. Whenever they move their eyes around, some pixels appear and spike out around the bottom corners of the frills on the back of their heads. It's VERY distracting.

Other than that, keep up the good work, everyone at Studio Wildcard! I can't wait to see what else you have planned for us in the Dino TLC!

Actually Eotriceratops is the largest Ceratopsian. There is debate to whether it is Triceratops or not but right now it is considered its own species. Also the Triceratopsini tribe of Ceratopsians includes Torosaurus, Titanoceratops, Triceratops, and Eoceratops so the Triceratops tribe are the largest and longest Ceratopsians found so far.

These models aren looking great! It's so nice to see the older models getting more detail! I have a few suggestions myself; I would like to see the Carno get a detail update and a charge attack, it would make him much more useful! I would also like to see the Araneo get an update to its model, I think a more tarantula-look to it would make it much more intimidating, and I would to to see it have the ability to climb walls and ceilings like the Megalainia. And last if all, if you could make it where all the Dino's don't sit idle with their mouth hanging open, it looks goofy and it would be much more realistic and better looking if their mouths were shut while they're idle; also, it would mean that the only time you see the inside of their mouths is when they roar and are about to eat you!