Community Crunch 114: Dino TLC, Console Ragnarok, Sales, & NVIDIA Freestyle!

Jen

Thank you guys for this fantastic update!

The Spino, Carno, Argy and Plesio are a MUST! They really need to be re-done. The Triceratops and Megalodon are also worth a re-do just like some other dinos and some that u already mentioned (Sarco)! Hope that answers your question ;)

Edited by SurvivalArtist

Spinosaurs needs resculpting, new normal maps and colour textures. Why? Because it is covered by the same scale patter over entire body currently and whoever did that model for WC did very lazy job. 

Giga needs resculpting as well, because its tongue, teeth, inside of the jaws and talons are covered by the same scale pattern. 

Quetzal left or right ankle is twisted when it stands on the ground and has to be fixed. 

Raptor's feathers clip through thights while it is walking and in my opinion those feathers must be gone, because they're simply ugly. If you wanted feathers on a raptor, you should remove old ones and make new ones. You have redo eyes, eye sockets and animations for eyes. Eyes currently move in completely random way and they do go out of their eye sockets. The tail of raptor should be longer. Current animations of walking and running are not synchronised with the distance raptor covers in 1 step.

Sigh... Were you not able to make better mechanic up than "making hostiles poop in their pants" for T-rex? For example, roar reducing enemies' (put name of enemies' stats here) by X%. I wouldn't mind stun lock on movement without any poop involved. It's not funny. 

5 hours ago, DFritz said:

And can liopleurodon be revised? I haven’t heard of anyone that actually uses this wonderful beast.

Uses one?! I've never even seen one of them! I still don't believe they really exist, like the Loch Ness Monster.... all just rumours!!

OT: Now correct me if I'm wrong here (or most likely just being a dumbass) but ziplines are a new feature only on Aberration, there are no gigantos on Ab, so how would we use that ability?

Edited by thisispreston

2 hours ago, HighFlyer15 said:

What an utterly silly comment.
1. The Rex isn't on Aberration so you literally can't compare the two :P
2. Have you ever owned a 20/20 melee and 20/20 hp Rex? Doesn't sound like it. So maybe don't comment on it in the future, buddy ;) The Rex is borderline broken with mutations. Hitting beyond 1k damage per bite if you focus melee more than hp.

1. You can take Abberant Megalos off the map. And he's in the game regardless, so yes you can.

2. 20/20? Well that's not very specific, but I'll assume that you were lucky enough to find 50 wild levels as your base in each stat which brings the total up to 90 wild levels in health and melee. (Has anyone anywhere gotten it that high? Meh, I digress...) Now of course it's up to you how you distribute your domestic levels, but for the sake of argument let's just assume that you put 35 levels into health and 36 into melee. So after imprinting that brings the grand total up to 72,481.3 health and 1267% melee or 785.54 damage.

Congratulations. You've more-or-less caught up with what the 50 melee Giga had all along after imprinting and leveling. You could focus melee more as you said at the expense of health, but that wouldn't help the Rex's cause. In fact it would be less efficient to his overall strength because health just scales better than melee.

But here's the good part - Giga can mutate too. Want to do more of an apples-to-apples comparison where Giga also gets the 90 wild levels bred into his bloodline? I wonder how that matchup would turn out? And he doesn't even need to worry about buffing health.

33 minutes ago, Batuhan2001TR said:

Hey Wildcard,

I think you should remove the front legs of spino and add long arms with dangerous claws and make it so that spino can walk on 2 legs and add a claw swipe.

latest?cb=20150504183002&path-prefix=es

That is a fictional build of that dinosaur. The good fossils of it were destroyed in WWII. Only recently did we find its limbs, and it was very much a quadrupedal aquatic dinosaur. The first aquatic dinosaur, actually. If you want a claw swiping dino like that then look at Baryonyx, as that is how it fished.

3 minutes ago, PaleoJoe said:

That is a fictional build of that dinosaur. The good fossils of it were destroyed in WWII. Only recently did we find its limbs, and it was very much a quadrupedal aquatic dinosaur. The first aquatic dinosaur, actually. If you want a claw swiping dino like that then look at Baryonyx, as that is how it fished.

The quadrupedal version of the Spino is also wrong. The current and the most accurate version right now looks like the Spino from The Isle

latest?cb=20161110124534

latest?cb=20161110122559

I believe you should "fix" the Parasaur. I'd say redo the model and animations, at least giving it some sort of useful attack. Increasing the size a little bit and maybe even giving it the ability to switch between quadrupedal and bipedal stance. Although the most important thing I'd say would be to make the parasaur work like a live tripwire alarm. The parasaurolophus were known to be able to make loud noises to communicate, signal and most importantly warn other individuals. So giving it the ability the be able to make an alarming call whenever it sees (for instance) enemy players, aggressive dinos or even high level dinos would make sense and it would make the parasaur a very useful early-game creature; which is what it was meant to be. This would mean giving love to one of the most original, and unfortunately most underrated dinos of ARK!

Nonetheless, great job with the TLC Pass so far, keep up the good work!!! <3

I think a dive attack/ability for the Argie will be great. But first fix it's chicken shape XD. Should be more like the dossier picture, not so fat, not so short necked. More like an eagle/vulture.

Another obvious thing is a way for two leg walking for spino, just like the iguanodon has.

Edited by Darkinoss

I think the dinosaur most people wish to be better is the Parasaurolophus, probably because it is so common.

After a while I finally had an idea how to make these useful: the ability to make a trumpet sound with it's nose-crest-complex which buffes allies a little bit so you would have a much weaker, only ally-related version of the Yutyrannus.

EDIT:

I came up with other ideas:

Araneo: a string-shoot-attack that can be used either as a grapplinghook or a zipline. Also it should be able to walk on ziplines and walls.

Glowtail: the ability to be placed on walls

Liopleurodon: please, Charly, make the current Liopleurodon a rare version like the Unicorn and ad honest Liopleurodons you actually can use to snap somebody's ass of!

Mammoth: the same ability the Kentro has, please

Megalodon: blood sense: the ability to find injured creatures (Also the model is one of the few that actually are HORRIBLE)

Oviraptor: collect eggs in your base

Raptor: latch on bigger creatures + pack bonus

Terror Bird: a beak-attack that can push smaller running creatures, like Megaloceros, to the ground.

Trike: the Kentro ability or the Wooly Rhino ability, please

Edited by Duplodragon

I can think of a few awesome things you could do for the sarco that would make it useful. one would be give it a special attack for creatures (within reason) and people at the waters edge where like regular crocodiles it grabs them and drags them into the water. then give it a deathroll ability that could drain stamina and oxygen or cause beed. and finally give in an ability like with regular crocs it can sit with just the top of its head above water and the rest hanging down below and it could be a stealth mode making it invisible to wild creatures (they would think its a long or something) and harder for players to see, you could make it super slow in this mode so it has to sneak up on its prey.  to balance it out you could make it slower on land. basically making the sarco a fearsome ambush predator like real crocodiles, but if it misses its ambush chance it looses its chance of attack. so it would be super strong near and in water but on land not so much. im sure you guys could balance it much better 

Why would you have the Dino in the game that bears the name "King" have such a simple roar ability? It is an entertaining idea though don't get me wrong, but when compared to it's cousins the Giga, Yuty, Even the Allo, that ability still doesn't really put it on par... and everybody uses them end game so I'm begging for something a little more useful in the field... Maybe it stuns all the Dinos in a radius for 3 seconds of fear that makes them poop themselves? like a deer in headlights? Even Dinos your riding. That would be scary... It still should be able to pick up other Dinos like the Megalosaur also... As I said everybody uses them end game so that utility aspect I guarantee would be appreciated so we don't have to run back to the base to grab the Argy every time we see a good tame. Just assign the Roar to clicking the Right joystick and the grab to the left trigger. I just want the Rex to live up to its name is all... It has Gigas, Wyverns and Rock Drakes to compete with... I do love everything you have going on besides that, great ideas! You guys have really turned this game into something way more amazing than I thought it would be back in Beta. Some honorable mentions I'd like to throw out for some TLC are

Sarco - When you work on him... please do something about his AOE... Anything! LoL +his Derpy High-Speed Run... Even if he has to lose his sprint on land all together I wouldn't be mad lol. +a straight upward lunge from the water to grab flyers along with the Shark would be AMAZING!

Raptor - Please give it a Jump/Slash Attack of some kind... or let it hang on the side of large Dinos while slashing their HP. That just seems like what I Raptor would do... Although the Hanging on the Dino while slashing is actually more balanced because Jumping/Slash Attacks like the Troodons will have everybody being murdered on spawn in, while the Hanging Slash Attack is more useful for later game and harassing larger tribes on PVP. A Raptor Pack-Buff would also be nice.

Can some water creatures like the Ichthy get a shimmy/waddle to get back in the water instead of just dying maybe? +hopefully being able to breach the surface and jump out of the water like actual dolphins do? Last thing I would add to the Ichthy is an Echo-Location ability to find resources/dinos underwater and collect pearls/oil/ammonites/etc. more quickly. Being an early game tame most are using Ichthys without SCUBA so being able to hone in on resources quickly to grab them and get back to the surface would be a giant help.

Can Liopluerodon just be a Normal Tame please? and make it a little more battle-worthy?

To not have the list drag on I'll say for my last entry...

Trikes - Not as much their Model but Please make these fan favorites have something amazing like a ram for Wood/Stone Walls & Dino Gates(Not Behemoth)(Along with Wooly Rhino). The Trike needs a good charge attack honestly and to not make it to overpowered, making it more useful against structures would be great for raids and not be to OP for early game. Plus they are tamed on Carno kibble... so I don't think giving them a little bit of an edge/ability would be to crazy to ask for anyways.

Oh... and can Bats please hang upside down now? LoL

I BEG you to consider these! Thank you for your time! and the ARK!

• Thanks 1

The pachycephalosaurus is currently underused and could be turned into something much better. The model could use some tweaking, and although the real-life version wasn't very big, it was still bigger than the in-game version and definitely deserves an increase in size. There really isn't any good early- to mid-game herbivore made for combat until the Therzino (which is more late-game), so an increase in strength as well as speed is much needed. Though the main focus would be its functions, the Pachy deserves to become better in form of more abilities, for instance making it able to turn while doing its charge, or even better making it get a pack boost, (since it most likely lived in a herd in real life and butted heads for dominance). Or even something crazy like being able to head-butt trees or something to get food or resources to fall down. Please "fix" the pachy, it could become a great early-game mount for knocking out creatures as well as battling. You'll surely figure out some interesting ability for it.

Keep up the good work!

Edit: You could add the ability to stun enemies with the right-click charge when you hit someone or a creature with it. As well as making the charge alike the rhino by having the speed increase the further you go. That would make it a good early-game travel mount. The jumping could be improved as well. It really deserves an increase in size and speed to make it live up to its name. Thank you <3

Edited by LordMaxilos
  • Like 1

Ok who am I fooling

I have to Add in the Parasaur... LordMaxilos has the right idea... Biped/Quadruped stances, Base Alarm against raids and wild dinos. That would make them insanely useful. 

3 hours ago, LordMaxilos said:

I believe you should "fix" the Parasaur. I'd say redo the model and animations, at least giving it some sort of useful attack. Increasing the size a little bit and maybe even giving it the ability to switch between quadrupedal and bipedal stance. Although the most important thing I'd say would be to make the parasaur work like a live tripwire alarm. The parasaurolophus were known to be able to make loud noises to communicate, signal and most importantly warn other individuals. So giving it the ability the be able to make an alarming call whenever it sees (for instance) enemy players, aggressive dinos or even high level dinos would make sense and it would make the parasaur a very useful early-game creature; which is what it was meant to be. This would mean giving love to one of the most original, and unfortunately most underrated dinos of ARK!

Nonetheless, great job with the TLC Pass so far, keep up the good work!!! <3

Pachyceph needs some love and a better knock out ability also just to throw it out there

and Umber 0010 has a very very good question...

6 hours ago, Umber0010 said:

sooo, anyone else questioning how the direbear is supposed to get honey when the hives only spawn on cliffs and high in trees?

This is a good idea...

5 hours ago, Lowly said:

If the direbear can gather honey, will you be adding the ability for tamed direbears to climb up redwood trees and gather honey?

Just a simple climb up, and slide down like the thylacleo without the turn around look upside down part

Just the trees is not to much to ask...

And I know its one of the newer creatures and you guys are probably not planning on changing anything on it... but can the Phoenix land? Please can it land? Pretty Please LoL

Just couldn't help myself had to get these last thoughts out.

Thank you again for your Time!