update right after 2 x breeding ?

Enok

seriously wildcard? i just through down 10 wyvern eggs along with every other egg i had after waiting 2 months and all xmas for a breeding event and then u kick us out of the server ? lol gg you people are unprofessional . and im not even going to bother ranting about everything else . i paid for beta and full release , get it together . and your 15 minutes is about 45 now

Just lost all my babies...again.  Should change name of game to survive wildcard instead of survive the ark. I know they say they don’t have any control but that is just BS And an easy excuse.  Other game companies somehow magically figure out ways to better manage updates but somehow wildcard is special.  

Guest DJRone89
12 minutes ago, Goofy said:

No u don't get that 15min heads up ain't poop for preparing 

15 mins lol On Nitrado we get 30-300 secs.

13 minutes ago, Goofy said:

So,  when patches are submitted to M$ for xbox/UWP, M$ has to certify them.  After that certification process finishes, the patch goes live.  (After submission, the dev doesn't have any further control.)  Because of this, WC has to push the server side patch shortly after.  Failing to do that will result in a reverse situation as people launch the game.  (The clients are updated upon launch, but  the server is not.)  Those already on the server will be fine, but anyone trying to connect won't be.  WC's best option at that point is to give a window to finish what you're doing, bring the servers down, and update them as quickly as possible.  The TIMING of this is on M$.  The amount of breakage that's happened with it, however, is at the fault of WC.

1 hour ago, banggugyangu said:

So,  when patches are submitted to M$ for xbox/UWP, M$ has to certify them.  After that certification process finishes, the patch goes live.  (After submission, the dev doesn't have any further control.)  Because of this, WC has to push the server side patch shortly after.  Failing to do that will result in a reverse situation as people launch the game.  (The clients are updated upon launch, but  the server is not.)  Those already on the server will be fine, but anyone trying to connect won't be.  WC's best option at that point is to give a window to finish what you're doing, bring the servers down, and update them as quickly as possible.  The TIMING of this is on M$.  The amount of breakage that's happened with it, however, is at the fault of WC.

You're still confused to what he's saying.  You're talking client updates rolled out by MS and he's talking the server message you get when wildcard is downing servers for the server side updates.  Which is pretty much daily lately and is when character loss happens during transfers.  So even more people are losing dinos and characters to that as well as their babies.    Their timing and communication as a company in general is the worst I've experienced.   

and now I can expect djrone and a few other wildcard apologists tell me it's not the core game it's not unofficial it's not PC it's just not a real problem unless it happens to every single player all the time. 

Guest DJRone89
2 hours ago, Steeze said:

now I can expect djrone and a few other wildcard apologists tell me it's not the core game it's not unofficial it's not PC it's just not a real problem unless it happens to every single player all the time. 

Grow up. I’ve moved on, you should too.

Anyway back to the topic at hand, it doesn’t really matter when they drop the update because it will always affect someone. Could Wildcard have let us known in advance? Of course.

I follow the news heavily to avoid situations like this as best as I can so that my hosted community don’t get caught out because our in game notice is 30-300 secs, not the 900 sec warning on official.

Now my concerns for this particular update was the delayed reaction from Wildcard before updating the servers because it affects both officials and Nitrado. This caused everyone who plays either, to lose their poop because the servers weren’t showing in the sessions list after they had updated to the new client version.

For me, the communication on this update is one of the worst yet.

Guest DJRone89
12 minutes ago, DeningWei said:

Download faster

Made no difference as the sessions list was empty after updating our client. We had to wait for Wildcard to update the servers. There are over 12000 Nitrado servers on Xbox so a little forewarning would have been nice.

Guest DJRone89
7 minutes ago, Niphead said:

Anyone else having the issue of being stuck on joining session after most recent update?

Try the old offline switcharoo.

When “joining session” freezes, go your network settings, hit offline for a few seconds, hit back on online and switch back to Ark.

Make sure you have auto-sign in enabled ;)

46 minutes ago, Niphead said:

Anyone else having the issue of being stuck on joining session after most recent update?

I had this problem too on Xbox after the recent update. I resolved it by turning the console off (make sure its fully off - Not power save mode) for 5 minutes then loaded up. All ok after that.

Hope this helps.

Just lost all my babies...again.  Should change name of game to survive wildcard instead of survive the ark. I know they say they don’t have any control but that is just BS And an easy excuse.  Other game companies somehow magically figure out ways to better manage updates but somehow wildcard is special.  
What a load of crap
As a Xbox Warframe player, I can tell you they do indeed have to submit updates to cert. As Digital Extreme, makers of Warframe, has to do the same thing when they release a update to Xbox. I think it's something to do with PC ported games. If I remember correctly for the short time I played, Neverwinter was the same as well.

As with WC, when DE submits a incoming update to cert with Microsoft, sometimes it takes a day, sometimes over the weekend, sometimes longer.. sometimes shorter. They truly don't have control as to when Microsoft will pass it.

Now that we've cleared that part up, as was stated above, once it passes cert, WC has to hurry up and do thier part on thier side, while you do your download of the update otherwise the game is not going to work.

It does suck indeed guys, and I feel for all the baby Dino's that have died [emoji26] but, on the flip side, updates have been coming out for this game (on xbox console) for what 2 years? My friend's and I have learned over the time, if we know there is a update pending, and especially if it's Friday, don't do anything you can't afford to lose. Because chances are you will.

All that is, in my opinion though. (Except the cert being a real thing they have no control over)

Archived