[PC Hosted PVP 70 PPL] Ragnorak 10x - Xplay/No Alliances Thick SkidMarks

Map: Ragnarok, created 1/25/2018. 

Type: PVP

Server Name:

"PVP Boosted Skid XPlay"

Note: If you don't see server listed under unofficial dedicated PC - find the gamer tag "Thick SkidMarks" and join their game. 

Rules of Server:

No rules, except no spawn trapping or glitching out of map/mesh (instant ban) and also please clean up your old bases or traps. The admin will do cleanups and any old bases (decay timer 1 day or less) or traps found will be tribe demolished, you have been warned!

Server Settings:

Max players: 70

PVP 24/7  (10x structure damage resistance from Monday 7:00am est to Friday 7:00pm est, off for the weekends to combat low pop offline raiding during the week and give new tribes a chance since most of us are more casual players Not using ORP due to too many exploits. You are still allowed to PVP during the week, it just might be harder to blow open someone's base.

Difficulty: 6.0 (max wild Dino level 180)

10x XP

10x Tame, 20x breeding mechanics

15x Harvest

1.5x turret damage

Boosted drop rates (1.5x, not too crazy)

Fuel lasts 2x as long, spoil time 3x as long. 

Crossplay enabled (xbox and pc players)

Item/download tributes work but only for within the game, eg no cross ark server transfers yet (waiting on dev support for cluster support).

10 man tribe limit, no alliances (for the little man)

Extra engram points per level so you can unlock everything (auto unlock causes issues)

No Tek except replicator for high lvl BPs.

No Giga/Titan (Balance) or Bronto Saddles (harvest issue), all still tamable, you just can't ride. 

No stores or starter packs.

Character Settings:

High weight, slightly increased oxygen, stamina, and fortitude. Low food/water drain 25%

Dino Settings:

Dino stamina drain rate decreased and stamina levels gained increased

Increased dino weight

Miscellaneous Info:

Hosting on dedicated PC (unlocked Intel i7) that supports up to 70 people 24/7 using windows 10 store play anywhere version. The only time it will go down is for game updates or majority of the server population wants a server setting change (which are typically implemented during actual game updates to minimize down-time). 

Since I already own the machine, you don't have to worry about me not paying rental fees and losing the server, my costs are minimal. Connection speed is fiber 300mb up/down located east coast USA. Constant server backups to the cloud to prevent data loss or for roll-back purposes. 

Goal of server is go to for decently fast paced pvp without too much grind for the more casual/weekend warrior player like myself.

Admin doesn't raid or spawn items/dinos for others so please don't ask. Admin plays PVE style as to no be accused of admin abuse, you are welcome to try and raid the admin base if you want. 

This post will always include the latest settings, no need to read through all the bump posts. 

Donations:

www.venmo.com/ThickSkidMarks

I will never ask for donations or entertain pay-to-win options. All donations will be used towards server hardware upgrades and electricity costs. Electricity costs for the server are $85/year (24/7 100 watts at 10/c kWh).

On 1/28/2018 at 12:17 AM, AllxDay420 said:

"All backups are cloud based so progress will be lost." What do you mean by this?

Meant to include will not be lost. Backups are cloud based (google drive) rather than just sitting on my hard drive. If my hard drive fails, all the progress made on the server isn't lost forever. 

Bump

Archived