transfer

Presto36

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with the gents here. Aberration is good as it is and there is no need for any transfers. I heard that WC was working on remapping kibble and I hope it happens. Dino transfers from another server is definitely a no-no. I would really dislike for dino caps to hit Aberration, not sure if some maps already hit cap, but still.

I can agree that adding flyers into the map would partially trivialize parts of the map, it wouldn't ruin the map even then though, However i can still transfer my reapers out in droves, and annihilate  every other server on my cluster and that isn't fair in any way shape or form, and yeah i can transfer over to the island, wreck the bosses with my reapers, and go back to aberration. But its insanely annoying having to gather all the artifacts from scratch on a server i own nothing on (Excluding pre mentioned reapers...who cant go into caves...).

Besides any of this, all you guys keep mentioning this will ruin aberration or that will ruin aberration, Why?  because better tribes then you will have access to your server and your scared? thats pvp, because if its about being able to compete, i can easily say that Scorched Earth cant compete with ragnarok or center or even island, but Aberration can compete, and even succeed. 

5 hours ago, crimsonmist said:

I agree with the gents here. Aberration is good as it is and there is no need for any transfers. I heard that WC was working on remapping kibble and I hope it happens. Dino transfers from another server is definitely a no-no. I would really dislike for dino caps to hit Aberration, not sure if some maps already hit cap, but still.

There were words flying around that a few Aberration servers are already capped due to V'day 3x (Probably mass-taming light pets). They never mentioned the server number though.

51 minutes ago, nerevarine said:

I can agree that adding flyers into the map would partially trivialize parts of the map, it wouldn't ruin the map even then though, However i can still transfer my reapers out in droves, and annihilate  every other server on my cluster and that isn't fair in any way shape or form, and yeah i can transfer over to the island, wreck the bosses with my reapers, and go back to aberration. But its insanely annoying having to gather all the artifacts from scratch on a server i own nothing on (Excluding pre mentioned reapers...who cant go into caves...).

Besides any of this, all you guys keep mentioning this will ruin aberration or that will ruin aberration, Why?  because better tribes then you will have access to your server and your scared? thats pvp, because if its about being able to compete, i can easily say that Scorched Earth cant compete with ragnarok or center or even island, but Aberration can compete, and even succeed. 

Problem with Dino Transfer is some of them ruins the challenges given in the map. You said "partially trivialize parts of the map", but the fact that there aren't any wild dino that can reach flying dino just tears it. Even Reaper's and Basilisk's Projectile can often miss if guided at the right angle and time, and not to mention able to miss the Wild Rock Drake's flight. And don't get me started on the Egg portion; Flyers just makes it too easy if they know how to fly away before Rock Drakes can severely wound it through climbs and glides. Its not just about PvP, its more of PvE due to the nature of Aberration, people will just get burnt out too easily because of that.

On 2/24/2018 at 11:24 PM, nerevarine said:

Alright so me and my tribe have been playing aberration since day one, and i have heard time and time again that they may not allow transfers into aberration but ill say right now that would be a mistake for multiple reasons and i honestly do not know why they are not up or why i have to wait so long to transfer, i desperately wish someone from WC would tell me some solid facts regarding transfers or someone would send me something, although i've been playing long enough to know that WC just doesn't say anything.

regardless whether or not anyone from WC says anything, i can mention some reasons why they need transfers for aberration

1. you NEED to go to the other servers for tek tier  of any kind, including to make the other ones on aberration, even if your a "Tek Tier" level tribe  you cant make anything at all its absurd!

2.Being the only Truly advanced tribe in any form of the word makes it lonely, there is 0 competition and without transfers we will literally have no goals or reason to play the game as we are without a doubt Alpha.

3. I need kibble from the other maps to perfect tame half the tames on aberration its beyond frustrating to find a great looking 150 tame that you cant tame properly (or quickly in herbivore cases)

4. I can flood people's bases with reapers and drop infinite crabs on their bases and they cant come and stop me from farming sponges, its not fair in any way shape or form. that would be the most cringy way to wipe a tribe i think, but it would be virtually unstoppable.

aberration was obviously not really suppose to be your "first" server if you go by the storyline of ark, but we need to be able to play in reverse to be able to fully experience the game and be able to play on all the maps without complications, although i understand allowing transfering to open up early would get all the little tribes absolutely murdered, but its been over 2 months, more then enough time to build up some defenses on this easily defended map...

so please WC, the fact that its a question if you guys will open up the map for full transfer its ridicules. We all need to prepare in case the servers do open up, but if you guys never say anything then we'll get blindsided by the tribes that come in later.

You can transfer your character from other servers for the tek. You can make the gear on the spot if you have the engrams.

14 hours ago, nerevarine said:

Quit puffing out your chest, no one on the forums cares how much you "claim" to be alpha.  If you can transfer out droves of reapers and annihilate all the other aberration servers why have you not done so yet?  Lots of good loot to be had if you are all powerful like you claim.  Also try all the bosses on alpha with your droves of reapers and report back how well you fare, should be an entertaining read.  On topic like i and others previously said the balance of AB will be broken if transfers are allowed, adjust your tactics to the map instead of expecting it to be like every other map in the game and remember variety is the spice of life!

On 2/24/2018 at 10:24 PM, nerevarine said:

regardless whether or not anyone from WC says anything, i can mention some reasons why they need transfers for aberration

1. you NEED to go to the other servers for tek tier  of any kind, including to make the other ones on aberration, even if your a "Tek Tier" level tribe  you cant make anything at all its absurd!

2.Being the only Truly advanced tribe in any form of the word makes it lonely, there is 0 competition and without transfers we will literally have no goals or reason to play the game as we are without a doubt Alpha.

3. I need kibble from the other maps to perfect tame half the tames on aberration its beyond frustrating to find a great looking 150 tame that you cant tame properly (or quickly in herbivore cases)

4. I can flood people's bases with reapers and drop infinite crabs on their bases and they cant come and stop me from farming sponges, its not fair in any way shape or form. that would be the most cringy way to wipe a tribe i think, but it would be virtually unstoppable.

1) What are you talking about?  You can literally craft element on this map.  At this point in the game, WC is assuming you have bested the Island, Center, Scorched, and are playing on Rag and Aberration for a new experience. 

2) This is how the game was in the very beginning.  The Island had 1 biom and there was no transfers.  I watched alpha status change hands on my server 3 times.  Almost a 4th, but the alphas managed a narrow victory.  It is totally possible for an alpha tribe to transfer in, bust their asses and kick your butt.  This brings back some of the purity from the old days.

3) There are plenty of sheep and you can tame everything else with berries and crops.  If you are a tribe worth anything, you don't use tamed dinos anyway.  You breed them to get increased stats and imprinting. 

4) Not exactly following your logic....

I love that there are no fliers.  It creates a unique experience. 

22 hours ago, nerevarine said:

All you're doing here is asking questions that have already been answered and adding a little dig implying that anyone who disagrees with you isn't good at the game. While it's an impressively nuanced and mature argument tactic, it doesn't change the fact that allowing flying mounts would wholly depart from the fundamental concept of Aberration and render largely obsolete a significant chunk of mechanics and purpose-built tools specifically created to allow players to thrive on the map without birds.

It is inarguably clear that the introduction of flyers to official Aberration servers would ruin the developers' vision of the map and the mechanics that define it.

11 hours ago, ac273 said:

1) What are you talking about?  You can literally craft element on this map.  At this point in the game, WC is assuming you have bested the Island, Center, Scorched, and are playing on Rag and Aberration for a new experience. 

He meant needing to kill the other bosses which don't exist in Aberration for the Tekgram, like Broodmother for instance.

EDIT: Opps.

• Volunteer Moderator
12 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

He meant needing to kill the other bosses which don't exist in Aberration for the Tekgram, like Broodmother for instance.

Actually that's not what he meant, try reading his #1 point again.

45 minutes ago, GP said:

Actually that's not what he meant, try reading his #1 point again.

Wich is absolutely true since you cannot unlock the TEK Replicator on Abberation, so yeah, without running bosses on other Servers you are not able to make any kind of TEK, even after you achieved the Engrams from Abbberation be deafeating Rockwell (Achieving "TEK Tier")

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, Gnadolin said:

Wich is absolutely true since you cannot unlock the TEK Replicator on Abberation, so yeah, without running bosses on other Servers you are not able to make any kind of TEK, even after you achieved the Engrams from Abbberation be deafeating Rockwell (Achieving "TEK Tier")

Ah I see so basically just have Replicator unlocked by Rockwell just like all the other bosses, that's simple. I thought by Tek Tier level he meant you have the majority of Tekgrams unlocked, not just Aberration Tekgrams.

5 hours ago, GP said:

Ah I see so basically just have Replicator unlocked by Rockwell just like all the other bosses, that's simple. I thought by Tek Tier level he meant you have the majority of Tekgrams unlocked, not just Aberration Tekgrams.

That is not how I read that either.  I was confused by his statements.  Having the Tek Replicator unlocked by rockwell seems strange.  Aberration is part of the ARK lore (which is why it has notes).  It does not seem like an ARK one would go to start a new character.  Either way enabling Tek Replicator unlock would definitely not hurt anything. 

Archived