transfer

Presto36

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Rintrahhh said:

Just tame yourself a couple good spinos and build a ramp system up to the surface to get to the obelisk. Of course, I only play single player so it may be more of a challenge on an official server.

Fro my experience on official, by the time you're 3 floors high someone is already c4ing your foundation

On unofficial it's 50/50 either they come c4 it or help you building it cause a ramp is usefull

My mate has a server and i hop on on occasion to build bridges or open log cabins with fireplaces for people to use and when they see me many offer to help, unoficial servers can be so chill

6 hours ago, Makko said:

Thanks for the help everyone. I think I'll just dive in and see how it goes. I forgot that you can transfer using the supply drops so hopefully it won't be a problem.

Yeah don't worry about getting stuck on Arberation there is just as many drops as any other map to transfer from. The complaints you heard about being stuck were from proper noobs on the first day of the server being open. 

the only radiation cave is the north west cave, you need to run through it, and its only a small section of the cave and your through, but you will need a light pet as well, as their is nameless in the tunnel going up to the oblilisk and it is COLD up there, in all 3 I believe its could, lots of reapers up there as well, and nameless, the north east cave once your on the surface hope you got high stamina, I have been chased by about 15 reapers all at the same time up there, including the alphas

It's not that hard to tranfer out using a loot drop. It's not as easy as on the other maps, but still easy enough. Just don't expect to be able to travel at will, you will need to get out and find a drop. You will not go to the surface to transfer out, never! There are reaper kings everywere and you can't build a permanent base around the obelisk, it will be destroyed during the day. So going there with a tame and tranfering out means either taking the tame with you or abandon it to die on the surface. There is no reason to ever tranfer out via obelisk on Aberration. Befor you do that you better unlock the tek transmitter.

ok I play on a Aberration server and we have done ok for our selves. I am hearing talk now that in a few months that they are going to open up transferring from all the other maps to Aberration. Just wondering how true this is.. In my opinion it will just kill the Aberration map. I would really like to hear from a dev on this.

I am pretty sure they will never open up foreign dino tranfers. They probably will open up item and dino transfers at one point, like they did with scorched. But they put in that option to disallow foreign dino transfers. So you only can transfer dinos native to the map. I don't see any reason for them to open that up.

19 hours ago, Ravensigh said:

ok I play on a Aberration server and we have done ok for our selves. I am hearing talk now that in a few months that they are going to open up transferring from all the other maps to Aberration. Just wondering how true this is.. In my opinion it will just kill the Aberration map. I would really like to hear from a dev on this.

What's your source to this?
Jen posted on the forums before they have absolutely no plans to make Aberration a two-way transfer for dinosaurs.

Several of my tribe mates are quiting because we are breeding megas for trade and can't trade abberation items server to server like we can with mature dinos.  I'm not saying open item transfer from other maps, but aleast allow item transfer across abberation servers. Several tribes on my server quit abberation because of this. The hype of abberation is dieing and without the ability to do proper trades, the desire to play just dies.  So yeah we traded our megas for items to our island server but really we wanted the items on abberation. So yeah useless..... 

12 hours ago, Jukiahs said:

Several of my tribe mates are quiting because we are breeding megas for trade and can't trade abberation items server to server like we can with mature dinos.  I'm not saying open item transfer from other maps, but aleast allow item transfer across abberation servers. Several tribes on my server quit abberation because of this. The hype of abberation is dieing and without the ability to do proper trades, the desire to play just dies.  So yeah we traded our megas for items to our island server but really we wanted the items on abberation. So yeah useless..... 

You can upload fully grown dinos (or aberrant megas) and download them on any other aberration, or linked server. You just can't sell eggs, have to mature the dino.

Edit: Ahh.. I see the issue if you are trading your megas for items and not other dinos. Can't delete my post xD

• 4 weeks later...

Alright so me and my tribe have been playing aberration since day one, and i have heard time and time again that they may not allow transfers into aberration but ill say right now that would be a mistake for multiple reasons and i honestly do not know why they are not up or why i have to wait so long to transfer, i desperately wish someone from WC would tell me some solid facts regarding transfers or someone would send me something, although i've been playing long enough to know that WC just doesn't say anything.

regardless whether or not anyone from WC says anything, i can mention some reasons why they need transfers for aberration

1. you NEED to go to the other servers for tek tier  of any kind, including to make the other ones on aberration, even if your a "Tek Tier" level tribe  you cant make anything at all its absurd!

2.Being the only Truly advanced tribe in any form of the word makes it lonely, there is 0 competition and without transfers we will literally have no goals or reason to play the game as we are without a doubt Alpha.

3. I need kibble from the other maps to perfect tame half the tames on aberration its beyond frustrating to find a great looking 150 tame that you cant tame properly (or quickly in herbivore cases)

4. I can flood people's bases with reapers and drop infinite crabs on their bases and they cant come and stop me from farming sponges, its not fair in any way shape or form. that would be the most cringy way to wipe a tribe i think, but it would be virtually unstoppable.

aberration was obviously not really suppose to be your "first" server if you go by the storyline of ark, but we need to be able to play in reverse to be able to fully experience the game and be able to play on all the maps without complications, although i understand allowing transfering to open up early would get all the little tribes absolutely murdered, but its been over 2 months, more then enough time to build up some defenses on this easily defended map...

so please WC, the fact that its a question if you guys will open up the map for full transfer its ridicules. We all need to prepare in case the servers do open up, but if you guys never say anything then we'll get blindsided by the tribes that come in later.

I am going to be honest. When they are ready to set transfer, they will mention. But as of right now, the "no plan to allow transfer" still sets in place. I am fine with no dinosaur transfer, but I honestly feel item transfer might be needed at some point.

You can't "perfect tame" almost all creature here due to absence of said kibble; the only other way to tame to almost perfect would be Raw Mutton. As for Herbivores, suck it up with veggies or its preferred food.

Also, Theres the issue with flyer in Aberration, because this map would be pointless had they allowed it. They need to deal with that as well, but as of now, their mind are set in dealing with TLC, no matter how much you want to argue about "how pointless" or other reasoning it is, they won't change their mind.

All the things you listed as "need" are in actuality just "wants".  The map works fine as is, herbivores take a long time to tame but other than that its not hard to tame things in any sense of the word.  You do need to transfer out to get tek engrams if you don't already have them and thats fine, there is nothing stopping anyone from doing that. You dont need to bring anything into AB to get the tek engrams at all.  This map will be ruined just like SE was if transfers in are allowed, truly hope they dont cave to all the people  who just want everything to be easy.

Archived