Avoid and fight Purlovias, my main scare!

gerrynaples

Hello guys, Mainly in this game I'm not afraid of anything except the animals that grab me...

My main scare of the game are Purlovias or Thyla in trees biome of the island.....i hate them and at the moment I still have no strategies to avoid them.

In snow cave are very powerful and so annoying...in hard biome of aberration too...

They stun too for 10 seconds :(

can u give me some tips? 

Ride something big enough so that purlovias won't attack is the only advice I can give to prevent purlovia dismounting. Or only travel on zip lines above the ground if you're on a ravager. Maybe wear heavy armor so that you won't die quick when standing next to your mount exposed to the predators around you.

Note that outside their stun, Purlovia's are just a Sabertooth in terms of fighting stats.

First of all, you need to learn what a burrowed Purlovia looks like. They basically look like a flat, grey rock-slab.

Once you learn how to spot a wild, burrowed Purlovia, you can either avoid them, OR bait them.

Personally, when I go to tame Purlovia's, I bring my health-invested Monkey along with me. In Aberration, I would suggest a health-invested Bulbdog, with a good flak helmet on.

When you see the burrowed Purlovia, just toss your health-invested Bulbdog at it. Once the Purlovia is out, eat the Purlovia with your mount. Note that Paracers, Spinos, Megas, Krabs, Rock Drakes, Basilisks, Diplos, and Reapers will not aggro the Purlovia.

2 hours ago, Spaxx said:

I got stunned several Times on my Rock Drake or Megalo while farming Queens. So Yea you Aggro them on both.

Weird.  I've never aggroed them on a rock drake, unless I went out of my way to.

Normally I just see them wandering around.  Bite one, they all come running.  Then I just murder face.

6 minutes ago, Scrysis said:

Weird.  I've never aggroed them on a rock drake, unless I went out of my way to.

Normally I just see them wandering around.  Bite one, they all come running.  Then I just murder face.

They dont seem to aggro if theyre above the ground but had a few jump me on my drake that were burrowed. First time they stunned me off my drake I nearly had a heart attack as I thought you would be immune to them on the back of a drake but apparantly not. Not sure if I had aggroed others unintentionally for this to happen but they can definitely take you of the drake. 

When they were first added to the snow cave on The Island they even dismounted me from my in-cave-breed REX but that seems to have been fixed in a later patch of the game.  My strategy is KoS if you see any above ground and treat them as I do Arthros - with extreme violence and prejudice.

I always have my mount on neutral just in case things dismount me - the island was mainly Thylas and Microraptors!!

Aberration same applies, neutral drake/mega or other mount and it takes care of the critters whilst you stand on its back stunned.

7 hours ago, Olivar said:

We haven't done this on Aberration yet, but on other maps we usually carry a set of flame arrows with us.
You can force the purlovia to come out of it's burrowed mount when you hit it with a flame arrow.

RPG / Grenade also work - but not flash bangs from PlantZ.  On Island I got good at spotting them burrowed and would just take my REX up, dismount but remain on REX then quick re-mount.  That triggers the Purlovia out of ground to attack you but you back mounted and chewing it before it has chance.

Archived