Kibble farming advice

20GT

Title changed on 1/16 from: Fridge organization, Kibble farming advice

To: Kibble farming advice

What's your system for organizing and storing your Kibble?

How many fridges do you use for Kibble? 

How tall should a Kibble pen be? We  can put all 14 in one pen or all in the same pen if it includes submersible water, right? 

How many fridges do you use when you are maturing a full crew of Rex's?

It must be alot I'd assume. And how do you place them for easy access? 

I tried placing some on a ceiling tile above a row of them but it didn't work. I think because the little box on top was in the way. Wondering if cat walks would be different. 

(PVE) I play on Abberation and live in the blue biome. I just throw my kibble dinos outside and tell them "you're easily replaceable....if you die, you die". But I have some spinos, megas, and 8 auto turrets around our perimiter on guard duty while they chill on passive. I think storing dinos in a big base is dumb TBH. Just an unnecessary extra building to cause lag IMO.

I don't use fridges for storing raw meat. When i need to refill my troughs, I go out and kill what I need and bring it back. I've raised 25 carniverous babies at a time by myself before, fresh hatch baby stage with that many is...So MuCh FuN...

We have 8 fridges I think? 2 inside by our hatchery room. One for fertilized eggs we will hatch, one for Drake eggs to tame Basilisks (Abberation thing). We designed an outdoors crafting area unhindered by walls. It's pretty epic in design. Everything can be transferred with transfer all where ever you need it and easy unloading of resources after harvesting. In the cooking section we have 5 fridges. Crops, Berries, spoiled meat, Food, and the kibble fridge which is closest to the cooker for moving mass amounts of eggs. We keep all the kibble and eggs in 1 fridge, keeps it simple.

This is all just my 2c and opinion, PVP servers obviously would require different designs. I play PVE because of my creative mindset and I building cool stuff. Not boxes covered in turrets. Lol

35 minutes ago, WolfBrink said:

(PVE) I play on Abberation and live in the blue biome. I just throw my kibble dinos outside and tell them "you're easily replaceable....if you die, you die". But I have some spinos, megas, and 8 auto turrets around our perimiter on guard duty while they chill on passive. I think storing dinos in a big base is dumb TBH. Just an unnecessary extra building to cause lag IMO.

I don't use fridges for storing raw meat. When i need to refill my troughs, I go out and kill what I need and bring it back. I've raised 25 carniverous babies at a time by myself before, fresh hatch baby stage with that many is...So MuCh FuN...

We have 8 fridges I think? 2 inside by our hatchery room. One for fertilized eggs we will hatch, one for Drake eggs to tame Basilisks (Abberation thing). We designed an outdoors crafting area unhindered by walls. It's pretty epic in design. Everything can be transferred with transfer all where ever you need it and easy unloading of resources after harvesting. In the cooking section we have 5 fridges. Crops, Berries, spoiled meat, Food, and the kibble fridge which is closest to the cooker for moving mass amounts of eggs. We keep all the kibble and eggs in 1 fridge, keeps it simple.

This is all just my 2c and opinion, PVP servers obviously would require different designs. I play PVE because of my creative mindset and I building cool stuff. Not boxes covered in turrets. Lol

Sounds neat! Mind taking a SS? (If youre uneasy about posting it, can PM it) Sounds like i could get some organization tips from your build!

If you place the bottom row of fridges all the way back you can put fridges on ceilings above them if the fridges above are out to the edge of the ceiling. sometimes it can be a pain to get it to place but it works. This is how ours are set up. we have around 30 or so fridges in our breeding pen with just one for imprint kibble and one for eggs that we are about to hatch and keep the rest of our eggs in the main base where it is more secure and a few fridges in the main base for taming kibbles. I can post a screenie when I get home of our breeding pen setup.

2 hours ago, RevLoki said:

If you place the bottom row of fridges all the way back you can put fridges on ceilings above them if the fridges above are out to the edge of the ceiling. sometimes it can be a pain to get it to place but it works. This is how ours are set up. we have around 30 or so fridges in our breeding pen with just one for imprint kibble and one for eggs that we are about to hatch and keep the rest of our eggs in the main base where it is more secure and a few fridges in the main base for taming kibbles. I can post a screenie when I get home of our breeding pen setup.

thanks a screenshot would be awesome. I'm moving my existing pen and exponentially enlarg it. I think I'm going to make room for 20 

y3NgllG.jpg

25073318_146858085970175_830911617750868182_o.jpg

25311258_146859179303399_565684026997899389_o.jpg

Hello,

I use catwalks for my safes on PvE. One wall and one foundation higher than the floor so I can walk under them. The safes must be placed offset to center on the catwalks to be able to access the inventory from below. Needless to say I like small compact solutions.

Fridges have this glow at the bottom so I try to build so that can not be seen from outside. As safes and fridges are PvP magnets, I use the landscape to plan my builds in PvP. In PvE most fridges have fert-eggs.

Regards,

Ariana

22 hours ago, d1nk said:

Sounds neat! Mind taking a SS? (If youre uneasy about posting it, can PM it) Sounds like i could get some organization tips from your build!

I forgot to take some SS last night but I found a few pictures of my base location and you can kind of see the crafting area. I'll try to remember tonight lol. Pictures are from my PS4. I have to crop the crafting area pic suuuuper small because for some reason the file size is to big and I can only upload one picture at a time.

PS_Messages_20180113_074057.jpg

I couldn't get the bottom fridges to work with the top ones in place but I expected that. Previously I placed foundations outside and used them for the inner wall so I could put my fridges on the ground. This lowered them enough to allow a second row on ceiling tiles above them. Everything went well except the ground was a bit uneven raising the first two. 

1516096083886.thumb.jpg.59415b5cd98f96021c232a5cc8184c5a.jpg

I'm not getting alot of eggs from my kiblers. I'm in the process of getting some  Oviraptors, which I hope will help. 

I've only got one of each gender should I get more? What gender ratio works efficiently?

Just so everyone knows the ceiling tile trick doesn't  work?
http://www.swampgasgaming.com/2017/03/easy-egg-collection-ark-survival.html?m=1

The eggs just sit there, even after re-rendering. :(

27023664_154513485204635_8521675005798848457_o-1.thumb.jpg.852e6d89a46f010d43cc8faec714555e.jpg

On 1/15/2018 at 1:06 PM, 20GT said:

I couldn't get the bottom fridges to work with the top ones in place but I expected that. Previously I placed foundations outside and used them for the inner wall so I could put my fridges on the ground. This lowered them enough to allow a second row on ceiling tiles above them. Everything went well except the ground was a bit uneven raising the first two. 

1516096083886.thumb.jpg.59415b5cd98f96021c232a5cc8184c5a.jpg

Sorry, I guess I should have mentioned you have to place the bottom fridges first, then ceilings, then top fridges.

I've got some good news. But have forgotten to take screenshots. 

I tried the jumping through hatch frames to collect eggs, doesn't always work. I tried the rendering glitch of having the third floor eggs fall to the ground before the ceiling tile rendered in, doesn't work period!  

So I've designed a nice no glitch system that I'm sure is out there but not talked about. 

It's all going well except for the grass hiding some eggs. I'm going to test lowering  foundations in it tomorrow. To prevent possible rendered glitches but to hold them up out of the grass some. Hopefully I can get them low enough to see the smaller eggs if glitched but high enough to get them out of the grass some if not glitched lol. 

I'll post screenshots tomorrow and  possibly a YouTube video of my design. 

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, 20GT said:

Here's my most recent build for collecting Kibble. 

What a pain to position and weigh down the ones that constantly lay eggs but its worth it once im done. So much easier to collect the eggs (those eggs were already collected and placed for the screenshot)

1522638805703.thumb.jpg.75adb27d9670f08c17fbb37a68120385.jpg

what do you mean by weigh down the ones that constantly lay eggs?

you mean a dino with a full inventory don't lay eggs?

22 hours ago, 20GT said:

Here's my most recent build for collecting Kibble. 

What a pain to position and weigh down the ones that constantly lay eggs but its worth it once im done. So much easier to collect the eggs (those eggs were already collected and placed for the screenshot)

1522638805703.thumb.jpg.75adb27d9670f08c17fbb37a68120385.jpg

Its a lot easier to just build ramps.  The eggs roll down and drop to the ground.  Sometimes they glitch and float in the air, but as long as you only go 2 levels high, you can jump up and still reach the highest egg.  Run in, go afk for 15min for a bunch of eggs to drop, do quick run around the perimeter...profit.

This is our current egg farm, just switched servers a couple weeks ago so it's a work in progress.

20180402212820_1.jpg

Archived