Tek Teleporter Doesnt Work in Abberation?

DLCProphet

Hi guys !

I heard some rumors like Tek Teleporter Doesnt work in Abberation is that true ?

I wonder what kind of reason is to make it not abble to use while is normal TEK engram and ofc Tek Teleported would make travelling sooo easier (thats the point of teleporter BTW).

Ofc if it works then nvm but i heard alot of complains which make me not sure if should made one or just keep survive without it.

Guest DJRone89
On 12/01/2018 at 5:31 PM, DLCProphet said:

Hi guys !

I heard some rumors like Tek Teleporter Doesnt work in Abberation is that true ?

I wonder what kind of reason is to make it not abble to use while is normal TEK engram and ofc Tek Teleported would make travelling sooo easier (thats the point of teleporter BTW).

Ofc if it works then nvm but i heard alot of complains which make me not sure if should made one or just keep survive without it.

Same reason grapple hooks don’t work on anything other than creatures, or why flyers are disabled; the map is designed to be a challenge.

1 minute ago, DJRone89 said:

Same reason grapple hooks don’t work on anything other than creatures, or why flyers are disabled; the map is designed to be a challenge.

The map is designed to be a time sink for players. They already have a loyal player base but if they slowed down our progress it makes us play longer which leads to even more players playing until the next dlc. In which most people that are still playing would feel more inclined to purchase the next dlc. Flyers are disabled to make the map feel like a new game as well as not making us bored.  Anyways traveling in aberration is a true hassle.

7 minutes ago, RaiderofthelostARK said:

The map is designed to be a time sink for players. They already have a loyal player base but if they slowed down our progress it makes us play longer which leads to even more players playing until the next dlc. In which most people that are still playing would feel more inclined to purchase the next dlc. Flyers are disabled to make the map feel like a new game as well as not making us bored.  Anyways traveling in aberration is a true hassle.

Until you get a drake. Then traveling is child's play. Until you travel up to the fertile zone where all the big box bases are.

Guest DJRone89
30 minutes ago, RaiderofthelostARK said:

But like @WolfBrink said, travelling is only hassle until you utilise the tools abtained on the map such as Rock Drakes, zip wires, and the glider suit. 

I fully understand peoples frustrations not being able to use the teleporter but the challenge itself is overcoming the normal means you would use on the other maps.

But then what is the reward for defeating alpha manticore and dragon at the same time ?

Why allow teleporter on the server with flyers ?

And you can not build everywhere on Abe, place like surface and drake trench is off limit so teleporter only usefull in some areas . 

Really , we have such huge play time because the game itself is a bloody time sink .

41 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

But like @WolfBrink said, travelling is only hassle until you utilise the tools abtained on the map such as Rock Drakes, zip wires, and the glider suit. 

I fully understand peoples frustrations not being able to use the teleporter but the challenge itself is overcoming the normal means you would use on the other maps.

We have all that including basilisk with 6k weight. It's still a hassel.

16 hours ago, ayala205 said:

I think i read that the Lore states that the ark as it is malfunctioning does not have an overseer and as such tek items like the teleporter wont work. I personally think it is a bs excuse for a time sink as they never follow the lore in other circumstances.

Yep. Diana's team destroyed with a bomb one of the pillars when they met the overseer in the control center (and Overseer with it).  Search on Wikipedia for the 9-10 and 11th  Diana notes. They exactly tell you what happened. Also, Diana jetpack didn't worked when she arrived on the map. So yeah, tek flyer stuff don't work in the map for lore reason (same for the teleport) xD

Archived