Advice on a pair of Rex's

20GT

Hi guys, as the forum regulars know I'm a true noob at most of this. 

I got lucky and found a Mastercraft Torch Blueprint during the holidays and traded it for these 2 Rex M/F. 

He said the eggs should be boss ready with imprints but I think I'll build them up some more to learn. 

Any advice? How many eggs at a time for a good selection of stats? Stuff like that? 

But that's way off in the future, for now I'm hoping to find some value in trading their eggs.

How do I describe my eggs? 

What would you estimate their base stats as? 

What do you think they will be worth? 

YHFaKqb.jpg

Thanks 

Yes I was a complete noob and leveled her  5 points before taking a screenshot. If I remember correctly I put them all in melee. 

9 minutes ago, 20GT said:

Hi guys, as the forum regulars know I'm a true noob at most of this. 

I got lucky and found a Mastercraft Torch Blueprint during the holidays and traded it for these 2 Rex M/F. 

He said the eggs should be boss ready with imprints but I think I'll build them up some more to learn. 

Any advice? How many eggs at a time for a good selection of stats? Stuff like that? 

YHFaKqb.jpg

Thanks 

Yes I was a complete noob and leveled her  5 points before taking a screenshot. If I remember correctly I put them all in melee. 

I can guarantee you didn't put them all in melee because with 0% imprint that means you would have a Rex that hatched with 30282.7 hp giving you the best Rex's in all of official Ark ever. 

More likely you put points in hp and melee but running these through Ark Smart Breeder will give you the base stats. 1470/1806 stamina is most likely not touched so you'd get one of those. Female would seem to have 1806 base stamina which is average, 735 base oxygen which is fairly high, 12900 base food which is average, 910 base weight which is above average. The male most likely has 1470 base stamina which is a bit weak and it looks like he probably has 910 base weight as well. 

I'd run these through Ark smart breeder for you but i'm at work so can't, hopefully someone who has it can and give you the base stats but yeah these guys should handle several of the bosses. What do the lineage lines look like?

Also my recommendation is to focus more on melee than HP when distributing points. You want the fight to be over as quick as possible and they make good armor saddles to help with hp as well as the Daedon to heal and the Yuty buff to reduce damage. Outside of the Yuty buff and rider imprint nothing else helps to increase damage. Give me 25k hp with an 86 armor saddle but 800 melee being buffed 25% by the Yuty and an additional 30% reduction in damage as well as 30% increase in damage output from imprint rider bonus over the 30k hp and 630 melee with the same stuff when fighting the Broodmother, Ape, and Dragon. 

Ok thanks for the advice. I know it was only 5 that I used for sure but couldn't remember exactly where I put them health/melee only, except mostly in melee. I know I didn't put much in health then, so it must be high. (I'll inquire about her siblings stats) 

Yes please run it though your calculator when you get time. Thanks

If you look at dino levels on the wiki and click on Expand (next to XP) you can see how much xp is needed for the dino to level up. Compare that to the number after the slash on your dinos to see what the next level is. Then you know how many points have already been allocated on the dino! :)

On Rextor you can see the number is 120 000, that is - his next level is 56 which means he's got 55 points allocated already.
Mrs Rex has the number 65 000 which means her next level is 53 and thus she has 51 points spent and 1 point yet to spend in your pictures.

What do you mean with "how much of the breeding process is done"? It's fully implemented into the game. You mate two dinos, a male and a female of course, and then incubate the resulting egg in the correct temperature using campfires and/or airconditioner. When the egg is hatched you make sure to feed the dino so that it doesn't starve to death.

For each stat the new born gets one of its parents' stats, with a 55% chance of getting the higher of the two stats. Breeding for stats is then about trying to get offspring with the highest stats from both parents (in the stats that matter to you at least) and taming new ones to get higher stats into your breeding pool.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, 20GT said:

I mean questions like this. So can they can only get as high as the parents? 

I thought that there was a % chance that they could get some few and far between bonus giving higher stats in one type. 

You are hoping for a mutation. You could get it, However, my advice is just to keep breeding them. If they are winning already what more do you need them to be?

2 hours ago, 20GT said:

I mean questions like this. So can they can only get as high as the parents? 

I thought that there was a % chance that they could get some few and far between bonus giving higher stats in one type. 

Raised dinos will typically get the stats from one of the parents. There is a low RNG chance for any stat to mutate, meaning you could get a dino with additional stats. As stated though, it's random and from experience it's rarely the mutation you want. 

Your best bet to increase your line is to continue knocking down and taming Rexes you see in the wild. Often times I'll throw the best stats I have on a post-it note and leave it on my desk, so just in case I run into one with stats I might prefer I can compare and contrast. When you tame one with the stats that you're looking for, keep it and take it home. If it's not the stats you're looking for, get rid of it. (Or take it home, unclaim it and feed it to a dino that needs XP)

If the new and improved dino is a male, breed it with the females and keep the babies with the stats you want. If the new and improved dino is a female, mate it with your best male until you get another male with the stats you want and retire the old male. That's the best way to get your stats up. Right now, if it were me and, I'd be focusing on getting a Rex with higher melee. You don't really need them if you're already killing bosses, but better ones will make the fight faster and you'll be less likely to lose stuff because you had to sacrifice levels to make up for deficient stats.

Best of luck in the whistle song. Don't forget to farm your meat before you hatch your eggs. If you plan on breeding a lot of Rexes and don't want to mash "U" every time, set yourself up some breeding pens that keep them from walking to far away from each other. As far as how many eggs to hatch at a time, go hog-wild if you can handle the hungry mouths. I like to get all of the eggs to 5-10 seconds and pick them up, then hatch them one at a time, making it easier to cull as necessary and type the new stats on a new folder in the dino's inventory. (Another good recommendation)

On 13/01/2018 at 12:25 PM, LouSpowells said:

Raised dinos will typically get the stats from one of the parents. There is a low RNG chance for any stat to mutate, meaning you could get a dino with additional stats. As stated though, it's random and from experience it's rarely the mutation you want. 

Your best bet to increase your line is to continue knocking down and taming Rexes you see in the wild. Often times I'll throw the best stats I have on a post-it note and leave it on my desk, so just in case I run into one with stats I might prefer I can compare and contrast. When you tame one with the stats that you're looking for, keep it and take it home. If it's not the stats you're looking for, get rid of it. (Or take it home, unclaim it and feed it to a dino that needs XP)

If the new and improved dino is a male, breed it with the females and keep the babies with the stats you want. If the new and improved dino is a female, mate it with your best male until you get another male with the stats you want and retire the old male. That's the best way to get your stats up. Right now, if it were me and, I'd be focusing on getting a Rex with higher melee. You don't really need them if you're already killing bosses, but better ones will make the fight faster and you'll be less likely to lose stuff because you had to sacrifice levels to make up for deficient stats.

Best of luck in the whistle song. Don't forget to farm your meat before you hatch your eggs. If you plan on breeding a lot of Rexes and don't want to mash "U" every time, set yourself up some breeding pens that keep them from walking to far away from each other. As far as how many eggs to hatch at a time, go hog-wild if you can handle the hungry mouths. I like to get all of the eggs to 5-10 seconds and pick them up, then hatch them one at a time, making it easier to cull as necessary and type the new stats on a new folder in the dino's inventory. (Another good recommendation)

Setting rexes to target distance lowest means they don't move at all when breeding.

same for gigas.... Pro tip

Archived