Quick question about difficulty

Gogohorse

3 minutes ago, Kimsie said:

If you scroll down a little on the difficulty page on the wiki you'll see a table with the different difficulty offset values you need to specify for different difficulty levels. You can also see what the max wild dino level is at different difficulty levels.

Wow thanks! This really helps!

58 minutes ago, GerbilRex said:

Is that why I keep on getting killed on official servers? FIVE?

Probably not.  Server difficulty only affects max level dinos and drop quality.  If you're dying repeatedly, you're likely aggroing things too often and don't have adequate movement speed to get away.  You would be dying just as much on a server with .1 difficulty if that's the case.

4 hours ago, banggugyangu said:

Probably not.  Server difficulty only affects max level dinos and drop quality.  If you're dying repeatedly, you're likely aggroing things too often and don't have adequate movement speed to get away.  You would be dying just as much on a server with .1 difficulty if that's the case.

Well... I don't get 1-hitted by things on my nonboosted singleplayer game... WHEN THE SPAWN ANIMATION IS PLAYING...

I don't get 1shot by stuff when I'm spawning in on official servers.  What are you choosing for your spawn location and on which map?  That has more to do with that than difficulty.  A raptor would need 113 melee levels to 1shot you, but a rex would only need 12.  The former is a unicorn that you have likely never come across.  The latter is extremely common depending on the spawn location.  Again... Server difficulty is likely not the determining factor here.  

21 hours ago, banggugyangu said:

Not necessarily, with .1 difficulty I could easily knock out a lvl 5 or so Dilo but with a difficulty of five the dilos are more likely to spawn at a higher level making them harder to deal with.

Archived