How cool is the End Boss Rockwell ?

Supertoto

Can you tell me, without SPOILS, how cool is the Boss ? Because I want to be hyped for his fight but but I'm afraid it's like the manticore on scorched earth, a really boring fight... Does it have several phases ? New original mechanics during the fight ? Please reassure me

He might be the biggest boss in ARK next to the dragon. If not slightly bigger

Without going into much detail for spoilers sake  (not sure what would be classified as a spoiler in this case) from what I have seen on youtube its not a simple DPS battle like all the other bosses are. Not a case of simply whistling everything in on the boss and hoping for the best. It looks like it requires a strategy and gameplan. It has several phases and I guess original mechanics too ?.  It looks challenging.

From what I have seen and read in the Explorer's Notes;

Think of Resident Evil.  Rockwell, in his quest for knowledge of the Elements on Aberration, becomes so obsessed and power crazy that he starts injecting himself with that substance which turns him into a hideous monster. He sits in a pool of toxic molten element during the entire fight. He cannot be attacked directly except at certain times when his defenses are down during regeneration. He will keep you and your tames busy fighting off Nameless and Reaper kings all the while you are trying to cut off his eight huge arms and dodging poison acid balls he throws at you. Towards the end, he will launch a surprise that can render you and your tames helpless. Just don't get bunched up or you will all end up paralyzed.

Go in well armed and armored for a fight that you have never experienced before. Since the normal hit and run attack does not work on him, don't attempt to attack him head on while his defenses are active. You will be just wasting ammo and effort in doing so.

1 hour ago, rpicardi1 said:

From what I have seen and read in the Explorer's Notes;

Think of Resident Evil.  Rockwell, in his quest for knowledge of the Elements on Aberration, becomes so obsessed and power crazy that he starts injecting himself with that substance which turns him into a hideous monster. He sits in a pool of toxic molten element during the entire fight. He cannot be attacked directly except at certain times when his defenses are down during regeneration. He will keep you and your tames busy fighting off Nameless and Reaper kings all the while you are trying to cut off his eight huge arms and dodging poison acid balls he throws at you. Towards the end, he will launch a surprise that can render you and your tames helpless. Just don't get bunched up or you will all end up paralyzed.

Go in well armed and armored for a fight that you have never experienced before. Since the normal hit and run attack does not work on him, don't attempt to attack him head on while his defenses are active. You will be just wasting ammo and effort in doing so.

2 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Without going into much detail for spoilers sake  (not sure what would be classified as a spoiler in this case) from what I have seen on youtube its not a simple DPS battle like all the other bosses are. Not a case of simply whistling everything in on the boss and hoping for the best. It looks like it requires a strategy and gameplan. It has several phases and I guess original mechanics too ?.  It looks challenging.

Thanks ! His fight looks very interesting now ^^ Can't wait to do it !

And does it have a timer like the other boss ? And an entrance like the Tek cave ?

If your in Singleplayer, then no, If Not its the same timer as any other boss. And no there isnt a entrance Like the tek cave, where you have to go through before fighting rockwell, but He does has his own terminal near the Rock Drake area ( but you can also start the Boss Fight at any Kind of supply Drop ) 

Archived