Why did they take out the option to upload/download in beacons for singleplayer?

leondimitri

I'd like to know why transfering/downloading from beacons isn't available anymore in offline single player... what's the point of letting multiplayer have it but not letting single players have it? I mean, for maps like Aberration for example, a single player would either have to go to the surface or have a tek transmitter to get out of the map. Plus, in other maps, single players cannot transfer over water dinos, because the obelisks can't reach the water. To me not letting us choose if we want that option enabled or disabled is not fair and it's game breaking... not everyone likes to play online and since there is a single player mode, with a lot of custumable options, then why not allow this feature once again? I mean, it was there a while ago, I just don't understand why took it out.

I mean, they had this option before, they just took it out in an update a while ago. And the oblisks do the very same thing! This option would just allow the regular beacons to show the same transfer options as the obelisks currently do, and also as the beacons already do on official severs. And since this option was already in game before, I can't really imagine being a "nightmare" putting it back in. 

8 minutes ago, FraggleRock said:

I'm not a coder or programmer but I think this^^

Same here. The fact its not even a customisable option is a pain aswell

Found this one out the hard way when I tried to transfer a rex of carno island on my single player..... Its so silly thats its a thing on multiplayer but not single player

Also annoys me you have to fight the bosses at their respective obelisk.

Custom server dino transfer is very hit and miss.  I play on a nitrado server on ps4 and you have to get the cluster correct to make it work.  If any settings are different you end up with super OP or super garbage dino's in the transfer.  I'd love to see the option in single player so I can move things around and play my style without having to spawn something in which I really don't like doing.  Personally though if its your offline single player game transfer shouldn't be a big deal, I do think though that dino's from single player should not be allowed to transfer into an official server for the simple reason of the spawn command above.  

Yeah, right? I mean, even tweaking stuff, singleplayer is already rather than multiplayer, at least if you like to play it without cheats (that's how I like to play). Why making it harder to transfer stuff when you can easily do that in multiplayer? I guess right now the only legit way single players have to exit aberration without going to the surface or transfering water dinos is to craft a teke trasnsmitter, but then, to do it legit you'd have to defeat the dragon beat boss, and I haven't fight any of them yet, I will eventually, but I like to play at my own pace, and I also would like to be able to keep switching arks in this while. 

11 minutes ago, Thragtusk said:

Custom server dino transfer is very hit and miss.  I play on a nitrado server on ps4 and you have to get the cluster correct to make it work.  If any settings are different you end up with super OP or super garbage dino's in the transfer.  I'd love to see the option in single player so I can move things around and play my style without having to spawn something in which I really don't like doing.  Personally though if its your offline single player game transfer shouldn't be a big deal, I do think though that dino's from single player should not be allowed to transfer into an official server for the simple reason of the spawn command above.  

Agree. However, I'm not saying to allow transfer from offline to any official/unnofficial online; I just would like to be able to use the beacons to transfer in between my other offline singleplayer maps (Raganarok, aberration, etc.)

I was able to transfer off of aberration through the surface obelisk by leveling up a good spino and building a ramp system to get it up to the surface. I then uploaded the spino into the obelisk (for safe keeping) and then uploaded my character so I could get back to the island so I could fight the easy broodmother to unlock the tek replicator engram.

The only thing I forgot to do was to upload my bulbpup into the obelisk also. It unfortunately died when I returned to aberration.

Good news though, I was able to defeat the (easy) broodmother with some Rex's I had on the island and unlock the engram. Now I'm painfully grinding element on aberration to build the replicator so I can craft an ascendant ravager saddle and some other stuff that I need a replicator for.

Edit: you need 2 spinos so when you get back to aberration you can go back up to the surface to retrieve the spino still in the obelisk.

On 13/01/2018 at 4:09 PM, Rintrahhh said:

I was able to transfer off of aberration through the surface obelisk by leveling up a good spino and building a ramp system to get it up to the surface. I then uploaded the spino into the obelisk (for safe keeping) and then uploaded my character so I could get back to the island so I could fight the easy broodmother to unlock the tek replicator engram.

The only thing I forgot to do was to upload my bulbpup into the obelisk also. It unfortunately died when I returned to aberration.

Good news though, I was able to defeat the (easy) broodmother with some Rex's I had on the island and unlock the engram. Now I'm painfully grinding element on aberration to build the replicator so I can craft an ascendant ravager saddle and some other stuff that I need a replicator for.

Edit: you need 2 spinos so when you get back to aberration you can go back up to the surface to retrieve the spino still in the obelisk.

Hmm.. that's good news... how much health/damage did you have in your spino?

Archived