Am I going mad in Aberration

Pysmo

5 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Thats so weird. Kinda eerie. Had a quick run across to that area but no luck, all I could hear was the wind travelling through the tunnel. Wonder if its also linked to the day/night cycle and maybe thats why you heard more lol ?

it is weird, considering not everyone is hearing it.  I think it is only night times it happens,  its also weird how my tribe mates cant hear it, maybe us that can hear it just have weird ears haha

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Pysmo said:

it is weird, considering not everyone is hearing it.  I think it is only night times it happens,  its also weird how my tribe mates cant hear it, maybe us that can hear it just have weird ears haha

Can deffinatly hear it in the video lol. I went across at about 23:00 and hung around till about 02:00 on a 10% day, 90% night, night. 

It's the voice sound a female character makes when it's drowning, so it's probably a broken sound file (have you heard it only near water?).  With Aberration's release it also is the sound file for when a character runs over hallucinogenic mushrooms...definitely eerie though haha

Try drowning yourself in that water and see if you can sing a drowning harmony with it (if it stops when you're drowning it may be a personal game file issue, since you mentioned your friends don't hear it)? :P Maybe dying fixes it, or validating your files 'cuz something messed up  

26 minutes ago, Espresso said:

It's the voice sound a female character makes when it's drowning, so it's probably a broken sound file (have you heard it only near water?).  With Aberration's release it also is the sound file for when a character runs over hallucinogenic mushrooms...definitely eerie though haha

Try drowning yourself in that water and see if you can sing a drowning harmony with it (if it stops when you're drowning it may be a personal game file issue, since you mentioned your friends don't hear it)? :P Maybe dying fixes it, or validating your files 'cuz something messed up  

ill give that a go, is it possible to validate files on ps4 ? also I almost sure Ive heard it away from water but ill definitely  keep my ears open to make sure, my tribe mates are also female characters.

9 hours ago, Espresso said:

No, no.  Not listening!

Totally 100% canon in my eyes.  Element exposure is making the original poster go Rockwell on us.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Pysmo said:

Kind of a shame but think  Espresso is spot on, happened again last night the moment I ran through mushrooms:( I miss the voices haha :(

But in the video you didn't go through mushrooms? Did someone else on the server go through them at that time? Maybe I don't hear it because my character is male, and there's no-one else playing as i'm on SP.

2 minutes ago, GP said:

But in the video you didn't go through mushrooms? Did someone else on the server go through them at that time? Maybe I don't hear it because my character is male, and there's no-one else playing as i'm on SP.

mmmmmm true , I was by water though, and I can confirm I was the only one on the server at the time.

So here's some more food for thought. I was down near the reaper queen area farming some red gems last night and had an eerie experience like this. I turned my light on to kill off some nameless and a Seeker came after me. I turned my light back off and proceeded to kill it.

It died, and as it fell to the ground I heard, in a very stressed out, almost painful, spectral voice "Please, Let me out!" It freaked me out a bit and I proceeded to climb outta there without hesitation.

This reminds me of when they added new background noises to the island and everyone (including me) started hearing what sounded like screams when we were on mountain peaks. I think that it was concluded these were coyote howls or something, but this is really weird. I’ll have to try this myself on singleplayer sometime!

9 hours ago, Avengel3076 said:

It's not voices, whenever you start to drown it makes noises, but for some reason the noises continue even after you leave the water. It's a really annoying bug.

Yea definitely a bug, been testing it weekend so can confirm, shame though I think me and few others wanted it to the crazy voices :(

There is a cave entrance at pond level to the South of the broken portal bridge. That could be a source of the strange noise. Beware, once you go past the natural light, things get very dangerous down there fast. You will not be able to take a tame, other then a shoulder one, past the point where it gets dark. There is an artifact located in there.

nj50MGo.jpg

We sent baby Ravagers under the ledge, dead easy cave with zips and a ravager or two.

On a side note  - or an explorer note - maybe there are actual voices in-game - Grad Journal Imamu #4:

"Now that I've gathered all three artifacts together as I travel to the terminal, I feel a...pull in my mind. No, a whisper. If this is what Boris was speaking of, then he wasn't mad after all. There is a voice here. There is a Master.

What is it? A spirit, a god or some alien force? Whatever it is, its presence is heavy. Though I am well rested, every time I hear it, I grow tired. My pets feel it too, and even they know enough to be afraid.

My hands are shaking as I write this. Only the memory of those who died for this moment pushes me forward. Rusty, Emilia, Boris and Trent...lend me your strength. Let us face this final challenge together."

Archived