Am I going mad in Aberration

Pysmo

Hi survivors

Quick question, apologies if its already been asked. In certain areas of the map, I can hear people talking, its sounds like, 'help me, let me in' and other mumblings, I haven't read many explorer notes so they might explain it, but my tribe mates tell me they can't hear it, so they are either joking around or I am losing the plot haha, can anyone confirm I'm not actually hearing thing ;)

Thanks in advance

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Kraken said:

Considering the lore in the notes with the Element 'singing' to Rockwell, and in turn Rockwell calling to Boris and the other fella, it would be so cool if they had randomly scattered voices around the map. Cool and creepy.

Yes !! It's creepy but adds atmosphere, im 99% certain im not losing the plot, however I might be mistaken the sounds for something else. I'm in work now but as soon as I finish ill upload a vid here, its doing my head in not knowing what it is :)

1 minute ago, Shadowless28 said:

Okay I'll ask the question no one else has.  Where are you at on the map when you are hearing the voices? Cause honestly I think that would be pretty cool to hear as well.  I'm ready to jump on the crazy train with you. 

Hey, should of mentioned, im just off the portal area in a beginner zone, just by the metal spawns, but that isn't the only place  I have heard it, also it seems to go louder and quieter the further away I am, I was trying to isolate it by running around and seeing where it was loudest and it seemed to me it was coming from the broken tunnel/bridge. Im just updating my game and I will upload a vid :) I need someone to tell me im not mad haha.

OK, so logged in it was daylight, could hear nothing. Waited until night time then after about 10 mins I start to hear it, I turn sound fx all the way down and it becomes clearer, I head back to my base and it becomes louder and then it just stops ? also this time there seems to be more off it this time.

What do you think ?

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Pysmo said:

Yes I think so, is the surface uninhabitable during the day or night?  it would be kinda smart if it was the night and people are shouting to be saved haha

The surface is too hot during the daytime.

The voice in your video doesn't sound like it's someone in danger. Although it's the type of voice that creeps me out like in scary movies where you got little girl voices. xD

1 hour ago, Pysmo said:

Mushroom Forest Portal, but I have heard it other areas on my journeys, they seem more talkative tonight haha like more voices

Thats so weird. Kinda eerie. Had a quick run across to that area but no luck, all I could hear was the wind travelling through the tunnel. Wonder if its also linked to the day/night cycle and maybe thats why you heard more lol ?

Archived