RAGNAROK WAS AN ERROR

arrojado1200

It was stated over and over by the Devs, when you buy the DLC(s) your paying for the map(s). All the other content is "free".

It' s one of the coolest things they've done. I've been disappointed in the Devs for various reasons for a long time, but allowing modders and map makers to freely use DLC content isn't one of them. B|

I bought Scorched Earth (twice actually as my wife plays too) and we still have a dedicated server running for it that we play on occasionally but Ragnarok is just awesome in every way, it blows every other ARK map out of the water and then some (IMHO). We currently have different games running on 9 servers on dedicated hardware at home and of those, five of them are Rag maps.

Do I feel hard done by because Scorched stuff is in Ragnarok? Hell no, I think it's amazing that the content is available in more than one map and not only that but one of them didn't even cost me anything. I got exactly what I expected and paid for from Scorched Earth and whilst I don't feel it's the best map out there, I've certainly had my moneys worth out of it and continue to do so. Seriously, some people need to get a grip sometimes and sit back and think about what actually matters in life here, you're talking about pixels on a screen that cost you the price of a few pints of beer that you were happy to pay and you've had hours/weeks/months of time/fun/excitement etc out of, how the hell is that stealing from anyone?

Guest DJRone89
27 minutes ago, arrojado1200 said:

I feel stolen. I paid for DLC Scorched and months later WC launches Ragnarok with all Scorched content for free. I hope you do not do the same with Aberration. This is lack of respect with your customers.

Using that same logic, we should all be hard done by when all products becomes cheaper later on down the line. Most things depreciats over time, why should this be treated any different?

7 minutes ago, IanHighlander said:

I bought Scorched Earth (twice actually as my wife plays too) and we still have a dedicated server running for it that we play on occasionally but Ragnarok is just awesome in every way, it blows every other ARK map out of the water and then some (IMHO). We currently have different games running on 9 servers on dedicated hardware at home and of those, five of them are Rag maps.

Do I feel hard done by because Scorched stuff is in Ragnarok? Hell no, I think it's amazing that the content is available in more than one map and not only that but one of them didn't even cost me anything. I got exactly what I expected and paid for from Scorched Earth and whilst I don't feel it's the best map out there, I've certainly had my moneys worth out of it and continue to do so. Seriously, some people need to get a grip sometimes and sit back and think about what actually matters in life here, you're talking about pixels on a screen that cost you the price of a few pints of beer that you were happy to pay and you've had hours/weeks/months of time/fun/excitement etc out of, how the hell is that stealing from anyone?

Exactly. You paid twice for Scorched, and then you got all the content for free (and, as you say, the Ragnarok map). That's ripping money. It's the same as buying a sports car because of the engine, and then seeing your neighbor with a car that cost less than half, with the same engine. It's awful to think so.

17 minutes ago, SingleSidedPCB said:

It was stated over and over by the Devs, when you buy the DLC(s) your paying for the map(s). All the other content is "free".

It' s one of the coolest things they've done. I've been disappointed in the Devs for various reasons for a long time, but allowing modders and map makers to freely use DLC content isn't one of them. B|

What you say is a shot at the foot of the toilet. Scorched is interesting because of the content, not the map. If I have this content for free then why should I buy the DLC? And if the toilet does not sell, how will you keep your business?

2 minutes ago, arrojado1200 said:

What you say is a shot at the foot of the toilet. Scorched is interesting because of the content, not the map. If I have this content for free then why should I buy the DLC? And if the toilet does not sell, how will you keep your business?

toilet = WC.... damn broker

6 minutes ago, arrojado1200 said:

Exactly. You paid twice for Scorched, and then you got all the content for free (and, as you say, the Ragnarok map). That's ripping money. It's the same as buying a sports car because of the engine, and then seeing your neighbor with a car that cost less than half, with the same engine. It's awful to think so.

Lol, I paid a few pounds (UK) for hundreds and hundreds of hours of entertainment and got exactly what I paid for. You really need to get a bit of a grip on reality here.

Speaking as someone who bought the season pass, Ragnarok was certainly not a mistake, complete opposite really. Love how almost everything (pre Aberattion) is availlable on one map, its glorious. I would go further. If only some of the engrams introduced in these dlcs which have utility outside tge expansions (looking at you whip and glide suite) could be added to the base game instead of being version exclusive unlockables that would be awesome.

16 minutes ago, arrojado1200 said:

No, that is like buying a car and then get a completely new and better one for free a while after.

9 minutes ago, IanHighlander said:

I bought Scorched Earth (twice actually as my wife plays too) and we still have a dedicated server running for it that we play on occasionally but Ragnarok is just awesome in every way, it blows every other ARK map out of the water and then some (IMHO).

This right here but more importantly your point of did you get your money's worth on Scorch and I agree whole heartedly I did. My first successful boss fight was on Scorch, battling Alpha Deathworms, taming mantis to bring to the island for trade, bringing Quetzal's from the island to trade for Wyvern's and Rock Golem's, crafting my first tek gear during leagacy, even two of my errant spawn ins. 

Errant spawn in 1. Screen is still black, hear some sort of ghastly noise of shifting rocks, looking at implant, screen allows me to look up just in time to see a boulder crush my skull. Lol. Awesome. 

Errant spawn in 2. Screen is still black, hear some sort of ghastly noise of shifting rocks, looking at implant, screen allows me to MOVE and avoid the boulder headed my way. I hop a rock, right into a direwolf. Punch the direwolf in the face and sprint for a morellatop, direwolf safely distracted. I start to head back to base. What is that pulsing light, Oh man daedon's! Take off running, jump a gap I shouldn't clear but do, thirst is kicking in but the nearest water source has a kapro just waiting, find some cactus and harvest that. Avoid a few more obstacles and make it back to base safely. 

I loved it. 

I seen a cool concept on here that at some point when my time on official is done or even maybe before my time on official is done but I am looking for a new method to do stuff and that is to live a nomadic lifestyle on Scorched. No permanent bases. Maybe a foundation to be able to place certain things. Live in tents mostly and survive that way. never be in one area of the map for more than 3 or 4 real life days. I think i'd enjoy that quite a lot to be honest. tame a bunch of Morellatops and trudge across the desert, fighting Deathworm's, titanoboa's, mantis', centipede's, all of it. I'd die so much but think I'd like the primitive feel of it. 

That being said, I am loving Ragnarok, it's beauty, its bounty of resources, its high level dino spawns, its buildable caves and I am sure when it opens i will love the desert section too and the puzzle labryinth. 

I don't feel cheated at all that I bought Scorch and then they released Ragnarok. Scorch is a more brutal map and I appreciate that for what it is. I also appreciate that on ragnarok i can raise my own Wyvern and it actually taught me how to build a proper Wyvern trap so if i ever decide to raise a Wyvern on scorch for the challenge that I'll be able to get the milk I need when I need it. 

Also, i need me a Phoenix at some point and as of right now, that is a Scorch exclusive. 

3 minutes ago, arrojado1200 said:

If you were unaware that you were only paying for the map with scorched earth, that's not really the Dev's fault is it?

Also i wonder if your aware that Ragnarok is a mod map made by modders and NOT made by wildcard?

Additionally, Ragnarok was released about a year after scorched earth..

39 minutes ago, arrojado1200 said:

What part of "You paid for the map" do you not understand?

1 hour ago, arrojado1200 said:

I feel stolen. I paid for DLC Scorched and months later WC launches Ragnarok with all Scorched content for free. I hope you do not do the same with Aberration. This is lack of respect with your customers.

I personally love the game so much, I buy everything they put out to support the effort. 

Think about that for a minute, I actually am glad to pay for content, imagine that.

Just now, Palenor said:

I personally love the game so much, I buy everything they put out to support the effort. 

Think about that for a minute, I actually am glad to pay for content, imagine that.

Same, I was happy to pay the price of the game and the season pass so I can have adventures on multiple maps.  Don't get me wrong as I really really enjoy ragnarok but personally I enjoy the story line and you only get that from the "official" maps and the notes you find there.  I really enjoy the distractions offered by rag and the center and keep them going.  Once you figure out how to transfer dino's from the obs then they really aren't scorched exclusives anymore anyways.  Wyverns on the island is a common view, and a rewarding one for doing the hard work of taming one and moving it to where you want to play.  When you start on rag you're not issued free scorched creatures, you have to go out and tame/steal eggs and raise.  I'd personally be happy seeing more maps like rag and the center being added to keep the adventures going.  I for one appreciate the variety and consider my purchases in such to be well worth it from the amount of entertainment I've gotten from it.  

I see it is general contentment with Rag. Ok ... everyone can express their opinion, and that's good. I just imagine that Rag makes it easier (and less exclusive) content that is harder to get on your original maps. That's why everyone defends its existence. Anyway ... I play Ark at 2 years, I am from the time that taming dinos was something difficult and the farm was not so easy. I think as an old guard player, I really feel offended by the game being so easy. Even more with free content. Maybe I will not buy any more DLC, and wait for the free maps.

But I want you guys to know ... I love ARK as much as you do.

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, arrojado1200 said:

I see it is general contentment with Rag. Ok ... everyone can express their opinion, and that's good. I just imagine that Rag makes it easier (and less exclusive) content that is harder to get on your original maps. That's why everyone defends its existence. Anyway ... I play Ark at 2 years, I am from the time that taming dinos was something difficult and the farm was not so easy. I think as an old guard player, I really feel offended by the game being so easy. Even more with free content. Maybe I will not buy any more DLC, and wait for the free maps.

But I want you guys to know ... I love ARK as much as you do.

I’m hoping after the third paid DLC launches, they focus more on the sponsored mods. I also wouldn’t mind them doing something like Ragnarok again by releasing it in parts, but only if the content is there.

3 hours ago, arrojado1200 said:

Wildcard didn't release ragnarok, just made it official 

I hate to tell you buddy.... New Hummers like the H3 etc have the exact same engine as the Chevy Tahoe, Silverado. Monte Carlos SS .. S flipping S.. have the same engine as 75% of the Pontiac cars, as well as the Impala. Don't even get me started on how many Dodge, Jeep, crysler all have the 5.7 hemi in them...

I mean I'm just saying..

Anyways to the point of the post, there is absolutely nothing the same about Ragnarok desert and SE imo. It's a completely different feeling imo. If the only thing you were worried about was the Dino's, well then you should not buy the dlc and just hit up the trading areas.. again, imo.

Archived