Ark Server Performance CPU 20% max cap!

FightzGamer

Please remove the 20 to 25 % cap on CPU usage on the server software.

People have noticed this limit long ago:
https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/23424-dedicated-server-cpu-usage/

If you cant right now, then please post a response about this issue!

We have a ark windows server but as i understand this also happens on the Linux ark server.

So they just capped the servers at 20 to 25% CPU usage, with no good reason other than, we don't want the full utilization of the hardware available? I got the feeling it's an engine limitation. So what we should recommend is, some efforts put into the discovery of what is holding back the severs, and a possible modification to the code to allow more single core performance. I got the feeling however that the limitation comes down to wait times on software execution. Things have to happen before the next part of the code can be done, which thus limits what you can effectively do with a CPU overall. Wait chains do exist. Thus I believe the answer is probably more ways to break up the work into paralleled threads. But to do this requires a lot of work to accomplish, and there is a limit to how far you can break the work up into groups. And that work still has other work that must wait for that to be done first, before it can execute the next instructions. Kinda like how you cannot cook a chicken until you pre-heat the oven.

Archived