• Announcements

• Jatheish

ARK Sales!   12/20/17

For those who've yet to experience the joys of ARK, nows your chance to get in as we have a huge host of discounts across various platforms and regions! The discounts and sale length may vary so please continue reading for further sales information! PlayStation 4 (EU) Winter Sale! ARK will be participating in this year's PlayStation 4 Winter Sale! Discounts may vary based on region, so please double check to ensure you can get it in time! ARK: Survival Evolved ARK: Explorer’s Edition ARK: Season pass ARK: Scorched Earth Humble Bundle Sale! ARK: Survival Evolved ARK: Scorched Earth ARK: Season Pass
Wikus

Higher level wild dinos more consistently ?

Hallo everyone ,

Playing singleplayer on pc ( Steam version ) Island map.
My question is , is there a way to get more lvl 100+ Wild dinos to spawn ? I have difficulty set to 1.0 which is the max , but I constantly just get lvl 4 to 12 wild dinos.
Very very rarely I will see a lvl 70 ish and never do I see 100+
I tried disabling the " Use singleplayer settings " option , but that didn't change wild dino levels. ( Yes I did a dino wipe after disabling that setting )

Is there something in settings I can do to increase wild dino levels  ?

20 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

Have you done a dino wipe after you set the difficulty to high? (if you had it low before that the dinos are still around most likely and dont make room for new spawns that are up to date on the difficulty)

I've always played on 1.0 , but yes I regularly do dino wipe and did twice again last night

1.0x is really "4x" difficulty, so dinos will spawn like 4, 8, 12, etc...  Max will be 120.

Official servers are 5x (so 5, 10, 15 with max 150).  Check out the table on this page to see what you need to set it to to get this: https://ark.gamepedia.com/Difficulty

To set difficulty offset values higher than 1, just type the number into the box rather than using the slider.  You can use this method to go above the max values for other settings too.

1 hour ago, Fistfeet said:

To set difficulty offset values higher than 1, just type the number into the box rather than using the slider.  You can use this method to go above the max values for other settings too.

1. Difficulty Offset cannot go higher than 1, even if you set it higher it'll default to 1.

2. For level 150 dinos devs intended for players to use "max difficulty" checkbox, but it doesnt work atm. To get lvl 150 dinos on TheIsland/SE/Aberration in Singleplayer/Non-dedi you have to manually add "OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5" in ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini under [server settings], then use "destroywilddinos" command in game console to repopulate the map. Dinos should start to spawn with levels multiple of 5 instead of 4.

3. TheIsland has been knownbelieved to have spawns weighted more towards lower levels compared to TheCenter or Ragnarok.

Edited by DarthaNyan
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DarthaNyan said:

1. Difficulty Offset cannot go higher than 1, even if you set it higher it'll default to 1.

2. For level 150 dinos devs intended for players to use "max difficulty" checkbox, but it doesnt work atm. To get lvl 150 dinos on TheIsland/SE/Aberration in Singleplayer/Non-dedi you have to manually add "OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5" in ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini under [server settings], then use "destroywilddinos" command in game console to repopulate the map. Dinos should start to spawn with levels multiple of 5 instead of 4.

3. TheIsland has been knownbelieved to have spawns weighted more towards lower levels compared to TheCenter or Ragnarok.

Thanx will give that a go

EDIT: @DarthaNyan , can one go higher than 5 on that value ? For example can I make it 10 and get Dino's from 10 to 300 then ?

Edited by Wikus

2 minutes ago, Wikus said:

Feedback: Would just like to say thank you to @DarthaNyan for that .ini fix. I set that value to 5 in the gameusersettings.ini and it works brilliantly. In a couple hours last night and today I already caught 15 dinos lvl 135 to 145.

Do remember that high level dinos wont always spawn - you need to clear lower levels in order for high levels to get a chance of spawning.  Clearing means all dinos around spawn spots and not only species you want (because spawns are shared) and that requires effort (doing it with command every time is a bit too cheaty imo).

On 12/01/2018 at 1:28 PM, Wikus said:

Thanx will give that a go

EDIT: @DarthaNyan , can one go higher than 5 on that value ? For example can I make it 10 and get Dino's from 10 to 300 then ?

Yeah, I've gone as high as 20 so had max level of 600 but you can go higher if you want, can be pretty rough to start with though :D