Jump to content
Wikus

Higher level wild dinos more consistently ?

Recommended Posts

Hallo everyone ,

Playing singleplayer on pc ( Steam version ) Island map.
My question is , is there a way to get more lvl 100+ Wild dinos to spawn ? I have difficulty set to 1.0 which is the max , but I constantly just get lvl 4 to 12 wild dinos.
Very very rarely I will see a lvl 70 ish and never do I see 100+
I tried disabling the " Use singleplayer settings " option , but that didn't change wild dino levels. ( Yes I did a dino wipe after disabling that setting )

Is there something in settings I can do to increase wild dino levels  ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

Have you done a dino wipe after you set the difficulty to high? (if you had it low before that the dinos are still around most likely and dont make room for new spawns that are up to date on the difficulty)

I've always played on 1.0 , but yes I regularly do dino wipe and did twice again last night

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.0x is really "4x" difficulty, so dinos will spawn like 4, 8, 12, etc...  Max will be 120.

Official servers are 5x (so 5, 10, 15 with max 150).  Check out the table on this page to see what you need to set it to to get this: https://ark.gamepedia.com/Difficulty

To set difficulty offset values higher than 1, just type the number into the box rather than using the slider.  You can use this method to go above the max values for other settings too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fistfeet said:

To set difficulty offset values higher than 1, just type the number into the box rather than using the slider.  You can use this method to go above the max values for other settings too.

1. Difficulty Offset cannot go higher than 1, even if you set it higher it'll default to 1.

2. For level 150 dinos devs intended for players to use "max difficulty" checkbox, but it doesnt work atm. To get lvl 150 dinos on TheIsland/SE/Aberration in Singleplayer/Non-dedi you have to manually add "OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5" in ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini under [server settings], then use "destroywilddinos" command in game console to repopulate the map. Dinos should start to spawn with levels multiple of 5 instead of 4.

3. TheIsland has been knownbelieved to have spawns weighted more towards lower levels compared to TheCenter or Ragnarok.

Edited by DarthaNyan
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DarthaNyan said:

1. Difficulty Offset cannot go higher than 1, even if you set it higher it'll default to 1.

2. For level 150 dinos devs intended for players to use "max difficulty" checkbox, but it doesnt work atm. To get lvl 150 dinos on TheIsland/SE/Aberration in Singleplayer/Non-dedi you have to manually add "OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5" in ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini under [server settings], then use "destroywilddinos" command in game console to repopulate the map. Dinos should start to spawn with levels multiple of 5 instead of 4.

3. TheIsland has been knownbelieved to have spawns weighted more towards lower levels compared to TheCenter or Ragnarok.

Thanx will give that a go

EDIT: @DarthaNyan , can one go higher than 5 on that value ? For example can I make it 10 and get Dino's from 10 to 300 then ?

Edited by Wikus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wikus said:

Feedback: Would just like to say thank you to @DarthaNyan for that .ini fix. I set that value to 5 in the gameusersettings.ini and it works brilliantly. In a couple hours last night and today I already caught 15 dinos lvl 135 to 145.

Do remember that high level dinos wont always spawn - you need to clear lower levels in order for high levels to get a chance of spawning.  Clearing means all dinos around spawn spots and not only species you want (because spawns are shared) and that requires effort (doing it with command every time is a bit too cheaty imo).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/01/2018 at 1:28 PM, Wikus said:

Thanx will give that a go

EDIT: @DarthaNyan , can one go higher than 5 on that value ? For example can I make it 10 and get Dino's from 10 to 300 then ?

Yeah, I've gone as high as 20 so had max level of 600 but you can go higher if you want, can be pretty rough to start with though :D

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for bumping this old thread but after searching on google about how to make higher level dinoes spawn more frequently, this thread came up.

 

So in my Single Player, the dinoes are mostly low levels like below 100. Is there any setting that can make dino spawns more inclined towards higher levels like above 100+ ? So I will see wild dinoes above 100+ more frequently. I think this is also an important setting to have instead of wasting time killing dinoes hoping a high level will replace the lowbie dinoes. I play the game as vanilla as I can so I'm fine with 150, but I want higher level spawns more frequently than the lowbie version.

 

While it has its own fun in multiplayer scouting the map for high level specific dino for killing time,  that's not the case in SinglePlayer where we want a fast paced playthru. So it would be great if there is an official setting for this. Or if there is a mod for increasing wild dino spawn's level, maybe like shooting it with darts that contain DinoGrowthHormone then it will add 10 wild levels to it. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't think it's possible, there's certainly no setting for it, the map you're playing on seems to make a difference though with the Island having a lower percentage of high level dinos and Ragnarok and the Center having a higher percentage, now I might be wrong on that and it's just how it feels to me but I certainly don't have to put the same amount of time in trying to find high level dinos on those maps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RageQuitter said:

Don't think it's possible, there's certainly no setting for it, the map you're playing on seems to make a difference though with the Island having a lower percentage of high level dinos and Ragnarok and the Center having a higher percentage, now I might be wrong on that and it's just how it feels to me but I certainly don't have to put the same amount of time in trying to find high level dinos on those maps.

Ragnarok/Center just doesn't allow dinos to spawn at a large number of intervals - Lvls 5, 10, 30, 35, 40, 65, 70, 75, 80, 105, 110, 115, 120, and 125 aren't available, period. This is essentially 1/2 of the available levels removed. This leaves with 6 lvls post-100 available, and only 10 pre-100 available - We can shift it to 5 post 130 available, and only 11 pre-130 available.

Thus, assuming no lvl weighting, you have a 5/16 chance to find a dino above 130 (So 31% chance) compared to the 5/30 chance on WCS-originated servers (16%). Of course, it's not quite 1/3 dinos on Rag/Center are 130+, but more like 1/8 dinos are on average. And, of course, the chance for a 130+ isn't anywhere near 1/8, but easily closer to 1/30, so we can easily assume that levels have certain stat weights that are especially oriented towards lower lvl dinos spawning on ALL maps.

 

Here's the Reddit post at which I first found out about this besides a "Huh, I have yet to see a lvl 5 dino on Rag for egg-laying purposes"

 

Edited by Frogspoison

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×