Farming thatch with the moschops (by carrying it with the crab)

AdligerAdler

• Volunteer Moderator

Melee always affects harvested resources. However, if you ask for Aberration, I would rather recommend a good Doedicurus that are rated 4 stars for harvesting Thatch. Or just farm a ton of wood with a Roll Rat and grind some XP. Moschop only gather Thatch while on wander which makes them annoying as they will get lost or killed while farming around.

3 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Melee always affects harvested resources. However, if you ask for Aberration, I would rather recommend a good Doedicurus that are rated 4 stars for harvesting Thatch. Or just farm a ton of wood with a Roll Rat and grind some XP. Moschop only gather Thatch while on wander which makes them annoying as they will get lost or killed while farming around.

I'm carrying the moschops with a crab and it works well. Doedi doesn't farm trees while in the claws. Not gonna ride around on the doed because it's slow af. I have no ind. grinder.

4 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Melee has no impact on Moschops farming, at least farming of items it gets resource levels in. Might impact thatch/fiber farming... not sure.  The best method I've found for farming thatch on aberration is to use an anky on the small trees that are clustered in the dozens around most metal nodes in the blue.  Can come back with a full forge of metal and over 10k thatch in 20-30 minutes.

6 hours ago, AdligerAdler said:

I'm carrying the moschops with a crab and it works well. Doedi doesn't farm trees while in the claws. Not gonna ride around on the doed because it's slow af. I have no ind. grinder.

Put someone in your tribe on the doed while being carried by the crab, swings all the time, and about twice as fast as it does when on the ground.

Crab + moschops for auto thatch gathering, is the best thatch gatherer with this method, I'd just lvl up weight all the time, no point in getting melee up they do gain a bit more resources with high melee but negligible, and with more weight you can just harvest more before having to access them, if you're gathering at the bio lum be careful of spawns as the moschops won't fight.

The harvest levels is what it is, so moschops don't get improvements in thatch and fiber gathering.

Archived